• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFPs: Do you like cats?

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP
INTP here (so yeah, nobody asked me), and I have a deep affection for critters of all types. Always have. It's one of the few strongly defining characteristics of me that can be easily quantified. I also tend to have a good rapport with animals (they tend to be comfortable around me). I think it has to to with being very low energy. I don't emit nervous vibes.

I do have a special fondness for cats, especially very large, furry, silly ones. I like dogs, too, with a preference for more mellow temperaments, but quirky personalities. And large, furry ones are always nice. :)

People with an overt antipathy for cats have always confounded me a bit. Cats tend to avoid you if they sense you really don't like them. I could understand someone disliking them if they didn't specifically care for them, and the cats aggressively sought them out and forced interactions. But since cats will generally leave you alone if you leave them alone, I don't really get overtly disliking them. I would think you'd just be neutral toward them, and not care.

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Makes me wonder if it's possible to personality type cast animals. Not as in "All cats are INTJs." But more of "My cat is a INFJ." For example.

heart

heart on fire
I once dated a guy (ENTx) who hated my cats and when I asked him one time why he disliked them so much he said: "Because he's always staring at me like he thinks he is smarter than I am and part of me fears he is right."

I have another friend who is scared of cats.

I had a female relative who hated cats because they purr.

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP
Makes me wonder if it's possible to personality type cast animals. Not as in "All cats are INTJs." But more of "My cat is a INFJ." For example.
Yeah, I think you can. Not sure what mine would be; maybe ISTP? I've had one cat that was FFFF (she had very strong feelings about everything, and that was pretty much her sole basis of operating), and a Siamese who was JJJJ (she kept everyone in line, had a very specific view of how things should be, and she'd tell you off if they weren't like that).

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP
I once dated a guy (ENTx) who hated my cats and when I asked him one time why he disliked them so much he said: "Because he's always staring at me like he thinks he is smarter than I am and part of me fears he is right."

Lol. Sounds like pretty much all of those had more to do with the person than with cats. I agree that cats definitely have attitude. It must be more of "creeping out" kind of thing for people.

heart

heart on fire
That guy was a ESTx. I made a typo.

Friend who is scared of cats tested as ISFP

Female relative who didn't like cats I guess to have been ESTP.

INFJ husband crazy for cats.

INTJ Dad was totally bonkers for cats, said cats were "mystical creatures"

ISTJ sister also adores cats, always has four or five of them living with her, always.

I had INxP brother who also loved cats.

Laina

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I like cats more than dogs because they seem to more have a mind of there own and aren't loyal no matter what the way dogs are...

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
"I meant," said Iplsore bitterly, "what is there in this world that makes
living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE."

-Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

i love cats, but i also love dogs equally. and while were on the subject I love horses as well. I like animal basically.

i'm allergic to cats, and i'm also allergic to dogs equally. and while we're on the subject I'm allergic to horses as well. I'm allergic to most animals basically. :sad:

But I still love them. :)

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ

If I had a girlfriend who didn't like my cat, or at least accept it, there would be some issues.

...I think my cat is INFP. :wubbie:

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
Cats seem to like me. I'm generally still most of the time and I think cats appreciate that. But I have more affection for dogs. 'though I haven't lived with a cat for a long time.

We've had horses too. Our family friends had a ranch where they broke stallions, and it was such a sight to behold.. over the months.. watching the horse grow more receptive to human affection and presence.

I think this is why Equine therapy is doing quite well. There was a job going locally.

YouTube - Equine Therapy - Stepps Rehab

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
re DM

Animals don't have types, because they rely upon instinct and habit, not judgment.

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP
I like cats more than dogs because they seem to more have a mind of there own and aren't loyal no matter what the way dogs are...
Yeah, dogs are fairly approval motivated (though some breeds much less than others). I think cats may actually be disapproval motivated; they get off on doing things you don't want them too.

Okay, maybe I'm starting to get why some people don't like cats. ;)

Personally, I love their attitude.

Members Only

MBTI Type
INFP
Cats are cool, I like all animals.

A stray dog did go crazy on me once in the middle of the street however, right in the middle of a date with a cute girl. Pretty embarrassing actually. :huh:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
You guys never heard of stylized verbosity? Well welcome, my friends, to it.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
The use of judgment does not mean a person is a rational, free-thinker.. Even idiots use judgment. I would even say especially idiots. Check out how well marketing does on them. It appeals to their judgment. Animals give a fuck about the iPod.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
The use of judgment does not mean a person is a rational, free-thinker.. Even idiots use judgment. I would even say especially idiots. Check out how well marketing does on them. It appeals to their judgement. Animals give a fuck about the iPod.

well said.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Must. Have. Cats.

My ISTJ husband, however, dislikes them because they are not punctual and do not follow the rules.