• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fe] How to Tell Apart NFJ's from SFJ's in Everyday Life

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So, it's been many of the forum members saying they know an INFJ or ENFJ in their lives and I'm utterly confused to find a member of my own kin, in fact pictures that have been shown of NFJ's still look SFJ-like to me, are only type 4's the ones that show themselves differently? or are type 4's just different in attitude? (which are like the majority of acclaimed INFJ types)

Please help. Maybe I'm passing by them all my days long failing to identify them. And sorry for the special snowflake excuse because I feel wildly different from anyone else, so what are some key indicators by either appearance, or by the way they introduce themselves, how so?

^Apparently I'm not as cool. :p

á´…eparted

passages
Honestly, it is hard for me to put to words. Simply put, SFJ's have a more grounded presence and a higher level of consistentcy.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Honestly, it is hard for me to put to words. Simply put, SFJ's have a more grounded presence and a higher level of consistentcy.

Hmm, so it sounds like I have to probably take the bull by the horns and ask someone who appears a certain stereotype and learn more from them to see. There's probably plenty I will like and plenty I won't like. The internet hypes these types so much that I'm probably thinking of a very idealistic illusory image of them.

Duffy

I'm pretty much just going to repeat what I've said to you in another thread. I think the difference lies in enneagram type or just some individual quirk. Most NFJs are not your tritype combination. If I didn't look at your type, I would've guessed some combo of 4w3 (or 3w2) - 6w7 - 9w1, which is usually an xxxP combo, imo. Also, you like to do that thing I see in a lot of INFJ forums, which is call out people who aren't INFJs, which I think, makes you INFJ. :)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm pretty much just going to repeat what I've said to you in another thread. I think the difference lies in enneagram type or just some individual quirk. Most NFJs are not your tritype combination. If I didn't look at your type, I would've guessed some combo of 4w3 (or 3w2) - 6w7 - 9w1, which is usually an xxxP combo, imo. Also, you like to do that thing I see in a lot of INFJ forums, which is call out people who aren't INFJs, which I think, makes you INFJ. :)

Oh yeah hehe, I didn't get back to you which I will soon on the other thread. :)

That's unfortunate, I'd love more of my XXXP style INFJ's around here. lol.

Haha, well I do so often because my life has its own such unique difficulties to merely assume that you're my type that you share some of them and yet when I try to speak with them or share my thoughts, these "INFJ's" only like what the mainstream tells them to like lol. I'm like is this an inferior Ne pastime to get away from life? Get away from me. lol.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
At a distance I think it is especially difficult to tell the difference for introverts. I think many ISFJs and INFJs are quiet and reliable, so it helps to have a conversation to know the difference.

The areas of interest can help determine type as well. Is the person's areas of interest and natural skill rather concrete or more abstract? Do they focus on possibilities or actualities? How aware are they of concrete details?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
At a distance I think it is especially difficult to tell the difference for introverts. I think many ISFJs and INFJs are quiet and reliable, so it helps to have a conversation to know the difference.

The areas of interest can help determine type as well. Is the person's areas of interest and natural skill rather concrete or more abstract? Do they focus on possibilities or actualities? How aware are they of concrete details?

I mean the way I am, I don't just jump out at people and tell them hello, but I'm certainly lessening the distance of being a hermit even though I do so frequently spend hours in my room alone on a website like this. I sometimes wish I could just watch a video of me (even though I'd probably get super self-conscious) just to see how I look like to everyone else.

But yeah, those are good signs to go and look out for, although I don't want it seem like an interrogation. Maybe by then, I will come to see and realize NFJ's aren't really that rare, but just more relatively rare. :shrug:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I sometimes wish I could just watch a video of me (even though I'd probably get super self-conscious) just to see how I look like to everyone else.

You should try sometime. It's pretty illuminating. Though pretty unpleasant too, sometimes- precisely because you realize what other people see isn't always how you perceive yourself, or you're totally oblivious to how you actually come across.

But yeah, those are good signs to go and look out for, although I don't want it seem like an interrogation. Maybe by then, I will come to see and realize NFJ's aren't really that rare, but just more relatively rare. :shrug:

I agree with others you often have to actually talk to people to really understand what they're about. Sure we might all have guesses as to what people are like simply by their appearance or how they carry themselves, but while I think mannerisms can in fact say a lot about someone, the mannerisms usually say a lot about non-mbti type stuff, vs how they actually think (mbti).

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Beren's interaction styles might help?

INFJ (Chart the Course)
ISFJ (Behind the Scenes)
ENFJ (In Charge)
ESFJ (Get Things Going)

On mobile so I can't link to articles...
Well I could but the struggle.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You should try sometime. It's pretty illuminating. Though pretty unpleasant too, sometimes- precisely because you realize what other people see isn't always how you perceive yourself, or you're totally oblivious to how you actually come across.

I agree with others you often have to actually talk to people to really understand what they're about. Sure we might all have guesses as to what people are like simply by their appearance or how they carry themselves, but while I think mannerisms can in fact say a lot about someone, the mannerisms usually say a lot about non-mbti type stuff, vs how they actually think (mbti).

From just my memories, I remember I can get really animated around somebody if I wanted to, haha it's kind of fun. :)
In what ways may you explain by non-MBTI stuff?

- - - Updated - - -

Beren's interaction styles might help?

INFJ (Chart the Course)
ISFJ (Behind the Scenes)
ENFJ (In Charge)
ESFJ (Get Things Going)

On mobile so I can't link to articles...
Well I could but the struggle.

That's true. I'll try to find it, I know what you're talking about. :)

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In what ways may you explain by non-MBTI stuff?

Well I was just thinking in terms of ones confidence level, ones awareness or obliviousness, whether someone appears to be image focused or not, self conscious or not-- which goes beyond mbti. Things like that.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

You mean SFJs would consistently spell consistency "consistency" ?
:coffee:

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Well esfjs do something to me which i call murder-by-detail. Which is to dump so much Si-Fe data on me I feel like I might explode. Aka data-dump the whole who's who of people i dont care about at me until I actually beg them to stop. I JUST NEEDED THEIR NAME YOU WITCH. MY SI! IT HURTS! OH GOD!

Anyway. goes something like this.

On the bright side they are very knowledgeable of the minute details of environments they're immersed in. That's a skill I admire, it's simply that it makes my head explode. So I stay away to retain my sanity.

And I imagine they see me as a mad scientist type. Because I keep making these strange connections between things and I don't seem to be moved by appeals to be socially normative so i get labeled as 'smart guy'.

Though if u want to blend into a culture, having coffee with a local esfj will probably be more useful than watching a documentary. so there's that.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well I was just thinking in terms of ones confidence level, ones awareness or obliviousness, whether someone appears to be image focused or not, self conscious or not-- which goes beyond mbti. Things like that.

Oh okay. Sure. :)
Si is sexy stronk.

Yes. Thanks to Urban Dictionary I know what you mean. :)

Well esfjs do something to me which i call murder-by-detail. Which is to dump so much Si-Fe data on me I feel like I might explode. Aka data-dump the whole who's who of people i dont care about at me until I actually beg them to stop. I JUST NEEDED THEIR NAME YOU WITCH. MY SI! IT HURTS! OH GOD!

Anyway. goes something like this.

On the bright side they are very knowledgeable of the minute details of environments they're immersed in. That's a skill I admire, it's simply that it makes my head explode. So I stay away to retain my sanity.

And I imagine they see me as a mad scientist type. Because I keep making these strange connections between things and I don't seem to be moved by appeals to be socially normative so i get labeled as 'smart guy'.

Though if u want to blend into a culture, having coffee with a local esfj will probably be more useful than watching a documentary. so there's that.

Well I promise you I would have a very difficult time giving you murder by detail. ;) Sounds like those ESFJ's know their stuff. I should have coffee with an ESFJ sometime. :coffee:

Thanks smart guy. :)

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Oh okay. Sure. :)

Yes. Thanks to Urban Dictionary I know what you mean. :)

Well I promise you I would have a very difficult time giving you murder by detail. ;) Sounds like those ESFJ's know their stuff. I should have coffee with an ESFJ sometime. :coffee:

Thanks smart guy. :)
No sir. You are guilty of a far more heinous crime. The crime of being a dude constantly using pictures of hot females in ur profile picture.

Which confuses men and lead them away from the path of Jesus. And straight into *inventive name for a cliché 80ies gay biker hangout* and other dens of inequities.

*throws handerchief at u*

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No sir. You are guilty of a far more heinous crime. The crime of being a dude constantly using pictures of hot females in ur profile picture.

Which confuses men and lead them away from the path of Jesus. And straight into *inventive name for a cliché 80ies gay biker hangout* and other dens of inequities.

*throws handerchief at u*

The babes call my name. They sing it, say it, cry it, shout it, love it. You can't deny Forever. I'm eternal without end lol.

Don't cry, I'm always there. I only lead people slowly, I got time.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm surprised that nobody has said "examine the S/N difference." I'd expound but I'm on phone and the struggle..

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
The babes call my name. They sing it, say it, cry it, shout it, love it. You can't deny Forever. I'm eternal without end lol.

Don't cry, I'm always there. I only lead people slowly, I got time.
Oh right. Which reminds me. Infjs are WAY creepier than isfj.
That should help telling them appart

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh right. Which reminds me. Infjs are WAY creepier than isfj.
That should help telling them appart

I like it, creepy++ :newwink: