• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Are INFJ the NF geeks ?

karenk

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Basing it on myself....yes.... I don't know any other INFJs.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Ohhhh lordy....:shock:

Everyone *knows* it's ENFPs. :D

Muhahahahaha :devil: Just kidding.

No no, ENFPs can be awfully geeky. I once knew an ENFP who was obsessed 19th and 20th century classical music. A total geek about it. :whistling: There are also ENFP computer geeks. We're passionate people ripe in geeky potential.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
i think that INFJs might be the least likely to be "cool" and perhaps by extension the most likely to be "geeky."

Sometimes we want to be "cool" though. We just ultimately slip up and do something completely "uncool" and weird, thus completely ruining the moment. :D

Brooke

MBTI Type
infj
Sometimes we want to be "cool" though. We just ultimately slip up and do something completely "uncool" and weird, thus completely ruining the moment. :D

I'm absolutely a geek... Things will be going fine and then I'll decide to quote some obscure (but damn funny) cancelled tv show and... Silence.

S

Sniffles

I'm absolutely a geek... Things will be going fine and then I'll decide to quote some obscure (but damn funny) cancelled tv show and... Silence.

It's even worse when you quote some obscure (but profound) writer or thinker. Happens to me all the time.

Tropics

MBTI Type
INFP

It's even worse when you quote some obscure (but profound) writer or thinker. Happens to me all the time.

:shock::shock: I thought I was the only one. It happens to me all the time too! The silence makes me want to disappear immediately. I get the most horrible blank looks.

Not_Me

MBTI Type
INTj
I was told that Homer was one of the greatest thinker of all time. But I'm doubtful. I prefer Bart.

karenk

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I find wanting to be cool releases the full potential of being a geek. I try to avoid any intent in that direction.

Brooke

MBTI Type
infj
I find wanting to be cool releases the full potential of being a geek. I try to avoid any intent in that direction.

oooh! I totally agree. Brilliant observation there.:yes:

Martian Manifesto

MBTI Type
INFJ
INFJ Trifecta

You took the words right out of my geek mouth. J/K

Mom is INFJ with a heavy emphasis on the chilly/door slam/you can't get in here/the world must not "get on me"
- former metaphysical queen / currently traveling entrepenuer

Dad is INFJ with heavy emphasis on the "bullies must effing die" and "what are you willing to die for buddy? huh? if you can't list what you are willing to die for upon request you weak inside and should hate yourself"
- former secret service agent / currenlty traveling entrepenuer

I'm also a hardcore INFJ - half of each I think...sort of a really surly jedi...
- previosly walked the earth like Cane from Kung Fu / currently finishing first screenplay

My mother does not even use the word "cool" unless it is to describe a breeze...my fasther only uses the word "cool" as a form of derision..as in "what? you think that makes you effing cool? Is that what you want to be? Effing cool? Well you go be effing cool outside of my zone, okay?"...so no, I guess we aren't that cool...in fact if you call me cool, I'm going for a moment to figure out if you are calling me breezy or an a-hole...then I'm going to verbally attack you for trying to be cool around me...how effing dare you!!!?

Martian Manifesto

MBTI Type
INFJ
INFJ Trifecta

i think that INFJs might be the least likely to be "cool" and perhaps by extension the most likely to be "geeky."

Mom is INFJ with a heavy emphasis on the chilly/door slam/you can't get in here/the world must not "get on me"
- former metaphysical queen / currently traveling entrepenuer

Dad is INFJ with heavy emphasis on the "bullies must effing die" and "what are you willing to die for buddy? huh? if you can't list what you are willing to die for upon request you weak inside and should hate yourself"
- former secret service agent / currenlty traveling entrepenuer

I'm also a hardcore INFJ - half of each I think...sort of a really surly jedi...
- previosly walked the earth like Cane from Kung Fu / currently finishing first screenplay

My mother does not even use the word "cool" unless it is to describe a breeze...my fasther only uses the word "cool" as a form of derision..as in "what? you think that makes you effing cool? Is that what you want to be? Effing cool? Well you go be effing cool outside of my zone, okay?"...so no, I guess we aren't that cool...in fact if you call me cool, I'm going for a moment to figure out if you are calling me breezy or an a-hole...then I'm going to verbally attack you for trying to be cool around me...how effing dare you!!!?

Martian Manifesto

MBTI Type
INFJ
Okay, that is true

I only want to be cool (extraverted sensing stuff) long enough to say (to myself of course) "look at how easy this is...is this what you want to see...huh?...yeah, you like that don't you, don't you...can't get enough of how cool I am can you?...want to hang out with me Sensors?...hahaha...well you can't, I'm going to go back to my lair now and make fun of you all in my visions...hahahaha...who's cool now?"

Have I shared to much...usually we INFJs don't like to do that...but when you get near 35 (it's so soon I can taste it, baby) you start to get this bizarre monkey on your back to "balance" yourself with more extroversion...I've read this disgusting extroversion thing shouldn't last too much past 50, so that's something I guess...

...wait, is this that thing you peeps were talking about where everyone in the room goes "what the eff is he talking about and where did it come from"...oh yeah, I guess I do do that...(sigh)

Brooke

MBTI Type
infj
Yeah, I have that whole INFJ don't share too much thing... But I don't think it really counts on the interwebs.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...my father only uses the word "cool" as a form of derision..as in "what? you think that makes you effing cool? Is that what you want to be? Effing cool? Well you go be effing cool outside of my zone, okay?"

:laugh: Now that's cool.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
i work for the Computer Science Corporation lol