• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Married INFPs (or those in LTRs)

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
what type are you married to and/or have been dating for at least a few years?

and what are both of your enneagram types? just for further context (if you care to share), how old are you and your partner? how long have you been together?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I believe that he's an ISTP 8. We've been together for almost 4 years, I'm 24 and he's 32.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Partnered 23 years, legally married last year (thanks to part of DOMA being struck down). He's ISTJ-ish (but so introverted and e5 sp that functionally he seems Si Ti... in some ways, I'm more practical). I'm 46 and he's 52.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
met her in 2000, started dating in 2003, married since 2005.

she's probably ISFP and 3 or 2

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
met her in 2000, started dating in 2003, married since 2005.

she's probably ISFP and 3 or 2

very interesting that you're a 9w8 and INFP... you must relate better to your ISFP for having a super common ISFP enneagram

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
very interesting that you're a 9w8 and INFP... you must relate better to your ISFP for having a super common ISFP enneagram

Some on this forum have typed me ISFP in the past. I wouldn't rule it out. Unlikely though.

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some on this forum have typed me ISFP in the past. I wouldn't rule it out. Unlikely though.

well, are you able to live in the present or are you more of a daydreamer? are you attuned to the details in your environment or are you more spacey?

Raspberry_rain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My mom is an INFP (55) and my dad is an ISTJ (52) They've been married 22 years.

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My mom is an INFP (55) and my dad is an ISTJ (52) They've been married 22 years.

thanks for sharing! do you know their enneagrams? is their relationship a fulfilling one, you think?

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
damn, this forum is so dead compared to PerC

Patrick

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
damn, this forum is so dead compared to PerC
Hmm ... I was just thinking the opposite. I gave up on PerC last week and have found some interesting threads here.

To answer the questions in this thread, I'm an INFP (6w5) who's been married to an INTJ (5w4?) for 28 years. I'm 60, and she just turned 54.

caro9caro

MBTI Type
INFP
what type are you married to and/or have been dating for at least a few years?

and what are both of your enneagram types? just for further context (if you care to share), how old are you and your partner? how long have you been together?

I'm married to an INTP. Been together for 6 years, living together for 5. We're in the 28-30 range.

I'm not too into the Enneagrams, but my best guess is that I'm a 9 and he... must be a 5? There a lot of things in the 5 profile that seem off though. I haven't studied Enneagrams too much though so I know very little about the profiles or how they interact. His INTP profile seems a lot closer, and it has helped me to understand him a lot.

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm ... I was just thinking the opposite. I gave up on PerC last week and have found some interesting threads here.

To answer the questions in this thread, I'm an INFP (6w5) who's been married to an INTJ (5w4?) for 28 years. I'm 60, and she just turned 54.
High-five on the spousal part, as I am in INTJ 5w4. :D

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm INFJ 4w5 sp/sx. Boyfriend of 7 years is INFP, most likely 9w1 sx/sp. Not entirely sure about the instincts stacking for him.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Interesting facts about the INFP:

• On personality trait measures, score as Artistic, Reflective, Careless, Sensitive, Flexible, and Appreciative
• Among least likely of all types to suffer heart disease
• In men, among least likely to report chronic pain
• Second highest of all types to report marital dissatisfaction
• Among most likely to have suicidal thoughts in college
• Tend to be more successful than the average in learning a foreign language
• Among types most likely to be dissatisfied with their work
• Personal values include Autonomy and Creativity
• Overrepresented in occupations in counseling, writing, and the arts

I blame Fi with a side of Ne.

Me personally, I'm on marriage #2, first one 7 years, 2nd one 15'ish years (around there), but last 7 or so separated. There will be no 3rd :D.

INFP in Depth — Discover Your Strengths and Make the Most of Your INFP Talents | Truity

Starrynight5

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Married 21 years to an ISTJ. I think he's an 1-8-5 on Enneagram and I'm INFP and probably Enneagram 9-4-7. We do balance each other and have made it work with a lot of ups and downs. More of a partnership instead of a love match for a number of years, if I'm being honest. :shrug:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Married 21 years to an ISTJ. I think he's an 1-8-5 on Enneagram and I'm INFP and probably Enneagram 9-4-7. We do balance each other and have made it work with a lot of ups and downs. More of a partnership instead of a love match for a number of years, if I'm being honest. :shrug:

You can't have a 1 and an 8 on a tritype, it's got to be one from instinctive triad 8,9,1; feeling triad 2,3,4; and thinking triad 5,6,7.

Starrynight5

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
You're right. I was reading more today. I had a hard time figuring his tritype but his top scores are 1, 3, 5, 8 (all pretty close actually). So a 1, 3, 5 would work as his tritype since I am positive he's a 1. Thanks!