• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP Pity Party: FUBUAO edition

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I always thought that ticking was a timer connected to explosives. I really don't care to get closer to find out if that's actually true.

I thought you NTs love things that tick. :D

Even explosives....

Though you would never admit it...

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
UGH! You ENFPs FAIL!!!! FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL! This is a PITY PARTY! While I appreciate the uplifting statements from everyone, the self pity from my fellow ENFPs is sorely lacking.

Don't you see? I'm trying to be uplifting from the other direction! I want catharsis! I want to be validated in my self loathing and thus freed from it.

I hate the intensity! I hate the slight social awkwardness! I hate the fact that I over analyze EVERYTHING! That I'm always in denial of how I really feel! That I don't have the friggin' self discipline to do ANYTHING! I hate that my energy is so great that I'm pretty sure it scares people off! I hate being called weird every time I open my mouth! I hate having to explain myself everytime I open my mouth! I hate holding opinions without analyzing them until challened and only then actually take the time to learn something and look into it! I hate feeling stupid! I hate being so sensitive that I cut off all contact from everyone save a few childhood friends because I know they won't reject me! I hate being so tempermental! I hate that everyone knows how I'm feeling at all times, and as hard as I try, I can't hide it! I HATE MY GOD DAMN INSOMNIA!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Oh my goodness, I FEEL GREAT!!!!! FREEEEDOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!! I've never done that before... just let it all out to strangers. Man, now I'm hyper. I'm gonna go dance naked or something. Peace, y'all!

EDIT: I really really want to delete these last 2 posts... but I'm going to leave them alone for the sake of knowledge. I hope they can give the ignorant a glimpse into the potential insanity of certain ENFPs.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Oh my goodness, I FEEL GREAT!!!!! FREEEEDOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!! I've never done that before... just let it all out to strangers. Man, now I'm hyper. I'm gonna go dance naked or something. Peace, y'all!

EDIT: I reeeeaaaallly want to delete these posts... but I'm going to leave them alone. I hope they can give the ignorant a glimpse into the potential insanity of certain ENFPs.

I think I need to scrub my eyes now.

I'll be right back.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Well, this is appropriate. The finale of Beethoven's 9th Symphony (Ode to Joy) just started blasting from my TV... I love PBS. OK, I'm gonna go for real now.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I hate the intensity! I hate the slight social awkwardness! I hate the fact that I over analyze EVERYTHING! That I'm always in denial of how I really feel! That I don't have the friggin' self discipline to do ANYTHING! I hate that my energy is so great that I'm pretty sure it scares people off! I hate being called weird every time I open my mouth! I hate having to explain myself everytime I open my mouth! I hate holding opinions without analyzing them until challened and only then actually take the time to learn something and look into it! I hate feeling stupid! I hate being so sensitive that I cut off all contact from everyone save a few childhood friends because I know they won't reject me! I hate being so tempermental! I hate that everyone knows how I'm feeling at all times, and as hard as I try, I can't hide it! I HATE MY GOD DAMN INSOMNIA!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like knowing how you feel. You're an interesting person.

As a very weird, intense, awkward INxP, I can relate to all the above. And after your threat to delete, I sincerely empathise too.

I'm going to dance naked now. 'though I may get a boner because the people in the houses opposite will be able to see me if they're up (it's 3am - fellow insomniac :)). I'm not putting any music on, though, as people are asleep. I'll just have to have a mind-funk.

IEE623

MBTI Type
NeXx
I hate the slight social awkwardness! I hate the fact that I over analyze EVERYTHING! That I'm always in denial of how I really feel! [...] I hate being called weird every time I open my mouth! I hate having to explain myself everytime I open my mouth!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so with you :hug:
Sometimes I do enjoy being different from others, but somehow its just so annoying that people keep telling me i'm weird...
if i could be surrounded by only ENFPs then I wouldn't be "weird" anymore.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Well, I can understand how hard it must be with all the pressure on you, not feeling like you can live up to what you need to live up to. And it's probably uncomfortable and embarrassing at times. I understand why you'd want things to be easier for you.

But what I would suggest to you is that you try harder to appreciate how you are. Perhaps consider taking a job with more flexible hours or something, going to places where people tend to be intense... finding friends who don't mind it. I think you're better off trying to fit your life around who you are than chastising yourself for not being who you think you should be. I mean, would you really want to change yourself? Of course, I can't say I've never done anything like this to myself, but I'm pretty sure it's still good advice.

Sorry it's been hard on you so far. I hope you have better luck later on.

You're right. The 8:30 to 5 thing is definitely not cutting it. I only have another year of it, though. Switching jobs would be a very very bad idea, as I'm making connections where I am that will help me get where I want to go. I think once the applications are over, and better yet, once the acceptance letters come in, I'll be less emo. You're right, though... I think many of my weaknesses are extreme expressions of my strengths and not something to wish away. I hate how that works. Thanks for the perspective.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I like knowing how you feel. You're an interesting person.

As a very weird, intense, awkward INxP, I can relate to all the above. And after your threat to delete, I sincerely empathise too.

I'm going to dance naked now. 'though I may get a boner because the people in the houses opposite will be able to see me if they're up (it's 3am - fellow insomniac :)). I'm not putting any music on, though, as people are asleep. I'll just have to have a mind-funk.

It's so liberating, no? :hug: to you.

I'm so with you :hug:
Sometimes I do enjoy being different from others, but somehow its just so annoying that people keep telling me i'm weird...
if i could be surrounded by only ENFPs then I wouldn't be "weird" anymore.

There have actually been times that I've felt like a weird ENFP on this site. That's right... not just ENFP-weird, but weird ENFP. That's rare, however. This site is a godsend to me. I feel far more comfortable being my weird self here than in the real world. My goodness, I sound like an introvert!

LunaIndigo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I totally get what you're saying phoenix. I've been called weird my whole life by my peers and it can be exausting trying to filter your words so you won't get that 'look' from the people that don't understand. There was a phase I went through in middle school where I did not care at all what people thought about me and I was as weird as I possibly could be just to get a reaction out of people. Ah...good days...I'm still the weird, funny, go getter but I've turned it down a few notches since entering high school. I'm glad for this site as well cause it's so bizarre to see other people with that same...ENFP factor. I always felt I was the only one with this type of weirdness, but I'm not and I can relate to people ten times more than I could before. Yayness.

There are times I wonder what God was thinking when he created the ENFP. Or what he was smoking...

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I wish I could complete tasks that are boring. I wish I was less of a lazy arse. I wish I didn't procrastinate so much. :p

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I wish I had an off-button. I wish I could tone down the intensity. I wish I could get to work on time. I wish I cared about getting to work on time.

All of that applies to me too!

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
I thought you NTs love things that tick. :D

Even explosives....

Though you would never admit it...

I listen to my watch all day. It's got a clear section so I can watch all 100 gears go around all day. Fascinating :D

Explosives. *Beavis Impression* Hehe FIRE...

strawberryfields

MBTI Type
ENFP
I can identify with a lot of what you're saying, Phoenix. I've been called weird for as long as I can remember, and although I can understand it a bit at times I've been called weird without being conscious of how I've even given that impression! My flatmates used to tell me 'You're weird, but in a good way!', and once gave me a challenge to not be weird for 10 minutes (...which I failed, it involved getting flour all over my face, I digress...) Now I just sort of run with it, and appreciate feeling different, and find self-deprecation goes a long way. (Waaait...pity party! I hate myself, I am a freak etc.) In terms of the analysing everything - yes, too true. I genuinely just cannot imagine what it would be like not to analyse everything because it is so integral to who I am, and I have asked questions continuously since I was a child. Sometimes I think it would be so refreshing to have an 'off' button instead of relentless thoughts which I have to analyse. That button would be especially nice when I was trying to sleep, instead of my brain bombarding me with ideas and stuff that feels like it needs immediate appraisal. I get pissed off when people tell me I analyse stuff too much though, and want to suggest maybe they don't analyse them enough. I appreciate that I can come off as really intense too, but I think for me life is generally vivid and I'm not sure how to make stuff less intense. The stuff about having to explain yourself when you opened your mouth I related to as well - I think now I just modify what I say around people, presuming that they won't necessarily understand where I'm coming from. But I'm fortunate to have some people who understand me a lot better than I give them credit for, which I appreciate when I'm not too wrapped in my 'woe is me, nobody understands me' blanket. In terms of the lateness and disorganisation that almost every ENFP has - it is definitely one of my worst faults, and I despise it in myself. I envy the ease with which other people can be organised/on time, but equally resent myself for not managing to do something than on the surface seems so easy. I forget what else you said which resonated with me but ummm *hug*?

sketcheasy

MBTI Type
ENFP
funny, my intj friend and i were just discussing this topic.

yeah, i want to be more disciplined. i hate it that the only way i can get anything done is to metaphorically put my head up against the barrel of a gun hoping the adrenaline will somehow keep my head above water.

the worst part is the analyzing of everything. the constant worrying drives me insane i hate how emotional i can be, especially when i'm really trying hard to hide it cause somehow it comes out and then people start figuring me out. i want to be an infj cause they seem to be doing a better job of handling life.

btw, i'm turning 19 tomorrow and i'm beginning to fear that i won't get any better by the time i'm completely on my own...

IEE623

MBTI Type
NeXx
There have actually been times that I've felt like a weird ENFP on this site. That's right... not just ENFP-weird, but weird ENFP. That's rare, however. This site is a godsend to me. I feel far more comfortable being my weird self here than in the real world. My goodness, I sound like an introvert!

ah... each of us is weird in our own way... we can feel like a weird ENFP among other ENFPS... but at least we are less likely to "feel judged" or to be "judged" as weird by other ENFPs, aren't we? :blush: :wubbie:

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I wish I could complete tasks that are boring. I wish I was less of a lazy arse. I wish I didn't procrastinate so much. :p

I can identify with a lot of what you're saying, Phoenix. I've been called weird for as long as I can remember, and although I can understand it a bit at times I've been called weird without being conscious of how I've even given that impression! My flatmates used to tell me 'You're weird, but in a good way!', and once gave me a challenge to not be weird for 10 minutes (...which I failed, it involved getting flour all over my face, I digress...) *I think I'll crop your quote to end with this fantastic statement, although, I loved all of it.

yeah, i want to be more disciplined. i hate it that the only way i can get anything done is to metaphorically put my head up against the barrel of a gun hoping the adrenaline will somehow keep my head above water.

the worst part is the analyzing of everything. the constant worrying drives me insane i hate how emotional i can be, especially when i'm really trying hard to hide it cause somehow it comes out and then people start figuring me out. i want to be an infj cause they seem to be doing a better job of handling life.

I totally get what you're saying phoenix. I've been called weird my whole life by my peers and it can be exausting trying to filter your words so you won't get that 'look' from the people that don't understand. There was a phase I went through in middle school where I did not care at all what people thought about me and I was as weird as I possibly could be just to get a reaction out of people. Ah...good days...I'm still the weird, funny, go getter but I've turned it down a few notches since entering high school. I'm glad for this site as well cause it's so bizarre to see other people with that same...ENFP factor. I always felt I was the only one with this type of weirdness, but I'm not and I can relate to people ten times more than I could before. Yayness.
I love you guys. Thank you. All this is so perfectly true to me that I can't help but rejoice.

To the highlighted portion: That is EXACTLY what I'm doing now. 4th cup of coffee, 3rd hour of trying to work. I think I'll feel like working in half an hour or so... Sheesh, I'm using physical stimulants to replace my nonexistent psychological motivation. Yeahhhh

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
I wish I could approach a relationship without feeling totally threatened.

I wish I could arrive on time - but exactly on time, I hate waiting. :)

I wish I could do work before the deadline starts to loom dangerously close.

I wish I could turn my thoughts off sometimes.

I wish I was many things, but I wouldn't want to be any other way. :)

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't have much to relate to here, but I just feel like making an INFJ declaration of eternal love to all the ENFP's. I love you guys.

sketcheasy

MBTI Type
ENFP
I don't have much to relate to here, but I just feel like making an INFJ declaration of eternal love to all the ENFP's. I love you guys.

dude, i have an undying love for infj's. you guys complete me. seriously, of all the other types you're the only ones i relate too. thanks for be great.