• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Why do some thinkers demonize feelers?

Why do some thinkers demonize feelers

• Total voters

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
F's tend to be more emotionally in tune. They tend to be more spiritual. The are also tend to be very inquisitive and curious.
Maybe If T's demonize F's it's because they are jealous that F's can match T depth, and T's can't touch F's breadth.
Logic logic logic, VS Logic, feeling and spiritual awareness. or IQ IQ IQ Vs IQ EQ SQ

If they don't demonize F's.. I take all of this back :)

Last edited:

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
T's..... JOIN ME IN THE FEELER HOLOCAUST! We will eliminate these emotional vermin once and for all!

*maniacal laughter*

Equilibrium_Still0325-Cleric_John_Preston(Christian-Bale).jpg

rav3n

Do thinkers really demonize feelers that much or is it that they enjoy making fun of them since it gets a reaction?

*votes for meanie category*

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Do thinkers really demonize feelers that much or is it that they enjoy making fun of them since it gets a reaction?

*votes for meanie category*

I voted for the big meanie category, too. Because anyone who sits in vent knows that I love my 'anti-feeler' shtick. And I'm a big meanie.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Isn't this whole thread kind of a "demonization" of thinkers?

Except we really don't take offense. Sooo...isn't it your problem you feel demonized, not ours?

(yes, I am a big meanie, too :laugh:)

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
It's probably because they know that despite all their logic and facts backing their arguments, I can always say "I don't care, I think the sun rises from the North" and do this :harhar: or this :tongue10:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This quote from Gifts Differing raises an interesting concept.....that Thinkers "demonize" Feeler because their own feeling is infantile, and most people think that others operate as they do, so they assume that F decisions must be faulty, as their own Feeling is not trusted due to its poorer development. It's never a surprise to me that Ts who do not "demonize" Feeling often are relatively more comfortable/good with their own Feeling process.

To Thinkers, the idea of evaluating by means of feeling sounds flighty, unreliable, and uncontrolled, but Thinkers are no judges of Feeling. They naturally judge all Feeling by their own, and theirs is relatively undeveloped and unreliable.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's probably because they know that despite all their logic and facts backing their arguments, I can always say "I don't care, I think the sun rises from the North" and do this :harhar: or this :tongue10:
You can run right off the edge of a cliff with your illogic, too, as long as it doesn't impact me. (See, I don't care either!)

Maybe If T's demonize F's it's because they are jealous that F's can match T depth, and T's can't touch F's breadth.
Logic logic logic, VS Logic, feeling and spiritual awareness. or IQ IQ IQ Vs IQ EQ SQ

If they don't demonize F's.. I take all of this back :)
For some of us, it's "vision, logic, action" vs. "logic, feeling, sp. awareness".
Can look alot like: getting stuff done vs. feeling good.

(BTW, I don't demonize feelers. It isn't worth the effort, and they can be handy to have around.)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes only thinkers get stuff done, and only feelers would behave in a way that simply leads to them feeling good.

Right.

Ironically, your logic here is quite poor.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Yes only thinkers get stuff done, and only feelers would behave in a way that simply leads to them feeling good.

Right.

You're a feeler you don't even know what logic is.

Crying-Girl-in-Poverty_590-.jpg

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You're a feeler you don't even know what logic is.

Crying-Girl-in-Poverty_590-.jpg

Pssshh....I'm revoking your ISTJ card. You've had a beeping fire alarm for three weeks. My inner ISTJ is laughing at you.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Right.

It's much better than your reading:
For some of us, it's "vision, logic, action" vs. "logic, feeling, sp. awareness".
You are seeing generalizations where none were made, and confusing appearance with reality. I know plenty of INTPs who accomplish far less in a day than ENFJs, and some F's who probably don't feel nearly as good as others.

In any case, I took Arclight's initial list with a hefty dose of salt, and assumed mine would be taken in the same spirit. (A judiciously chosen emoticon might have helped, but I don't do emoticons.)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You're reading an awful lot into my post...confusing appearance with reality? I think you're doing the same thing, bro.

*pets*

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
You can run right off the edge of a cliff with your illogic, too, as long as it doesn't impact me. (See, I don't care either!)

(BTW, I don't demonize feelers. It isn't worth the effort, and they can be handy to have around.)

Or.... Getting stuff done vs Getting things right. :) Seriously? my perception is that T's often have no vision at all Or an extremely narrow one.. Interesting.

Logic can't explain the illogical and everything exists in duality and in opposition to itself.
Logical can not even exist with out illogical.
Therefore both have equal value, and to discount one is to discount the other since they are interdependent.

To believe or to only accept what is logical, is illogical.
Spock, Einstein and Sherlock Holmes would all agree :)

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Or.... Getting stuff done vs Getting things right. :) Seriously? my perception is that T's often have no vision at all Or an extremely narrow one.. Interesting.

Logic can't explain the illogical and everything exists in duality and in opposition to itself.
Therefore both have equal value, and to discount one is to discount the other since they are interdependent.

Sometimes the best is the enemy of the good. (If we insist on perfection, we may never implement anything.) I certainly agree that many T's lack vision. This is why I said *some* T's operate with vision-logic-action. I won't insult S types by saying those who don't are ST's; they are more like any T not using their N function very well. For those T's who use N well, though, vision is paramount, and logic (as well as feeling/values) operates in its service. I will not devalue or discount the non-logical. It may have equal value to the logical, but not in every situation. One must apply the right methods to the task at hand.

Last edited:

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Feelers are demon spawn. It's true. I've been called this on several occasions...and because I like to make sweeping generalisations ;), this must be true for all feelers.
I shall return to spreading bitterness and malcontent now....no unicorns and rainbows for any of you.

Greta

MBTI Type
INTe
I don't find thinkers are the ones prone to "demonizing" others. Take a look at this thread, for example. For those who do, perhaps it's because they think only demon possession can explain all the bitter, idiotic thinker-vilification that goes on under the "we thinkers are wise angels" banner.

Lucas

MBTI Type
INTP

What gives you the idea that things exist in duality? May as well say cannot trust just physics because there must be an "anti-physics" which explains what physics cannot. Likewise, logical frameworks can take into illogical actions into accounts once they recognize that the sole source of illogical action is humanity.