• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Why do some thinkers demonize feelers?

Why do some thinkers demonize feelers

• Total voters

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Yeah, that's a good point, Anja, connected to others and self. Thinking does the opposite.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
So the winner is "They just don't understand how feelers make decisions.".

I am still wondering, what decision means xD

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I voted "Feelers are simply better at resolving conflict and dealing with their emotions "

guess where that brought me xD *logic dictates shit* xD

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
You know it's an F poll when there are 10 options and 12 people still choose "Other."

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
yea but look how many people choosed. There must be some thinkers in it. And only 3 have choosen what I have choosen. xDD

guess it is a F thread after all

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Glad BlueWing wasnt here, he would have beat the crap out of us supposingly NT guys :D

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
More.

I think feelings are there to provide us with lessons about how to stay connected with others. One step up from Maslow's basic needs. Gotta have it for a life well-lived.

Indeed.

Emotion gives shape to what overlies the cognition. The gears crunch and the output is F. Regardless of method. Regardless of temperature, running hot or cold. It's all a feeling at the end of your fingertips, not logic.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Aww... don't make fun of him. Its not easy to be the only real T in this world.

:) . I can lie and I can acclimatize to you. But in the end I can not lie to myself, it is barefeet thinking that drives me and that drives my love.

I have come to know that ignoring that makes me unhappy in a relationship at the end, when all blabla is settled.

I have to admit, I read today the first post of BlueWing, that was in the post "S intelligence vs. N intelligence". That post was short enough to read, the others were too long :).

In the end, I have to find my own way to deal with my emotions as a thinker. Cause I am a man and men are supposed to be strong. Not be unfair: I dont want to be weak, so I have to find my own ways.

But if you feelers could spare some time and maybe in those special moments, when chance is granted, give some neutral hint, how things work. Some neutral hint I understand too, with my poor english. I thank you with all my thanks I have :)

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
see that was one beer too much xD

No take-backs! He's aired his feelings! Quick! Somebody quote box him before he changes his mind! :D

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
YLJ: /monotone voice/ My. Dear. I wish. To explain. My systems. Function. *spits out informational data cards* Observe. Line 4. Row. 99.

INFP: *blushes* You sweet talker!

Yeah! :doh: :D
It's almost like that, but sometimes when I give my honest opinion, it is not taken very well :D And then I have to explain myself using logic, very slowly(for me).

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The term "feeler logic" has been tossed around a bit, and it seems useful to continue to address what it could mean.

A simple metaphor that might be useful in distilling the difference between "thinking" and "feeling" logic is the question: If a tree falls in a forest and no one hears it, does it make a sound?"

If you remove the element of perception, and measure the answer by recording the vibrations and observing the tree before and after its fall, you can conclude with reason that it did emit sound vibrations. I am suggesting that the "thinker" definition leans towards emphasizing physical phenomena over experiential perception (and this would overlap to include the physical phenonmenon of the physiology of hearing as well.)

The "feeler" conception of the question would focus on sound as an experience of perception would conclude it made a sound if that sound was heard. This line of reasoning has fuzzier boundaries. The concept of "sound" is less distinct. It is not a measured amount of vibrations, but an experience of hearing. Each individual will hear the sound somewhat differently based on their ability to hear and their emotional/psychological associations with that particular sound.

"Feeler logic" deals more with values and internal perceptions of the outside world. These resist precise measurement, the boundaries are fuzzy and often indistinct. Because of this, it requires a different approach than hard definitions and absolute conclusions. It would seem that feeler logic would then match the indistinct nature of its content with conclusions that contain softer boundaries.

For example, one cannot actually go inside someone else's head and view their experience, but instead learn how to infer hidden truths through verbal and non-verbal cues. Knowing that people are invested in their own experience and tend to project this to the outside world, you can learn much about the internal world. When interacting with people, there is a tendency for others to subconsciously attempt to recreate their own angers and fears in other people. You can learn about their inner world by how they tend to make you feel - of course this reasoning is indistinct and only suggests certain things and cannot conclude absolutely. If someone makes other feel stupid in debate, it suggests that this person is familiar with that feeling and overcompensates by demonstrating its opposite in self while instilling the negative familiar feeling in others. If an individual makes you feel humiliated, this suggests the person has an image focus and fears humiliation in their own experience. If the person makes you feel judged, they might struggle with guilt or feeling judged themselves. By stepping back and taking in all the nuance of the exchange, allowing self to feel both their own emotion and that of the other person, feeler logic can process truths about the outside world that are indistinct, resist measurement and definition, but are relevant, real, and make a deep impact.

Applying this type of indistinct reasoning to science will have poor results, just like applying hard logic to the fuzzy boundaries, ironies, and illogic of perception and experience will achieve inconsistent and false conclusions. It's about using the most efficient reasoning tool for a particular content of information.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Wow, "Sleeper! " That was some trip you just took us on.

Am I paraphrasing it when I say to entropie, "To take this into the realm of black and white you self-defeat."? I don't see it as a case of I'm right/you're wrong.