• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] What do ENFPs do when angry?

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I explode (inside), lol.
I'm quite terrible then but it depends on the situation what I'll do or if I'll do anything. People around me get to listen to me A LOT when I start my "I'm so pissed right now" talk. ;) People also certainly know and feel (emotionally) my anger. I'm not very good in hiding my emotions except my sadness. That I can hide when I don't want to show it. Other emotions just show whether I want it or not.

stopandstare

MBTI Type
ENFP
me n'anger

I try to surpress my anger because I like everything to be rosey, I try to find some way around the issue to please myself and please everyone else.... however... if someone keeps pushing me... KE-BOOM... its definatley a nuclear fallout situation except after the storm everything clears for me - My temper is quick and I don't bear a grudge at all - ever!

An example is my sister (don't know her type but she's very straight talking, head nurse, things are her way or the highway but a really good person) telling me what's the correct way to drive around a roundabout - her correct way, not the actual 'rules of the road' correct way. She keeps nagging me while I am concentrating on the 4 lane roundabout with 5 sets of lights and many irate commuters. She nags, at first I defend my method, she continues, I say fine, we drive our own way, she continues, I say leave it now, she continues, I go quiet (the usual sign to back away slowley), she continues, I BLOW UP - I took her down with one nasty remark and she shut up, job done except she does hold grudges. That was 3 years ago and she still brings it up to this day! :steam:

I hate that nasty streak that comes out when the anger boils over. I rarely mean what I say and I have no idea where it comes from - I think its an animal thing - when backed into a corner... A rewind button should have been given to all ENFP's methinks...

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I'm actually very anti-ENFP in day to day life. I really wish God skipped that type when he was passing them out.*

*This was fabricated simply to further study the effects of Anger in the ENFP.

SillyGoose

MBTI Type
EXXP
I'm actually very anti-ENFP in day to day life. I really wish God skipped that type when he was passing them out.*

An ENFP must've dumped you.

You need a hug :hug:

stopandstare

MBTI Type
ENFP
... I wonder what I'd be if god skipped the ENFP type... Maybe I'd be a really together person! Its like when you see a picture of your mom's old boyfriend and wonder what your life would be like if she ended up with him instead of your own dad lol! (Ok I know I wouldn't actually exist but still... it makes me think...)

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm mean. Rarrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

No, when I get angry and around others, I try to smile and look controlled even though I do not feel that way. And if I'm by myself, I yell into my pillow and stomp around.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8

Why don't you inject 2 oz. of saline into each of your undersized testicles and say that to my face, you repugnant horn-mad snipe!

Yeah, I can be very creative with my insults. Carry on!

Last edited:

chatoyer

MBTI Type
eNfP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
high horse anyone?

I don't really have a temper, when I'm really angry and I've held it in long enough, I tend to just get on a very high horse, & I'm very direct in my criticism and judgments of the person, the situation, whatever. There is a real prideful element, because I do not name-call, I do not physically destoy anything, but it's an arrogant tone that lets the person know I'm very aware of my "civility", and I let them know my resentment about treating them politely prior to the confrontation. It's all tone of voice, direct language, and sarcasm for me.

You can find hints of my anger and irritation in some of my humor before an issue builds up for me.

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
I tend to hold in my anger as it builds up in an argument/situation. I try to figure out of what I'm getting mad at is worth it. I hate it when i see other people flip out over something insignificant, so I try and avoid that.

I tend to avoid flipping out so much that I just deal with it all on the inside. Hmm.. can't be too healthy, huh? But once the time does come when I get made, I just rant and get sarcastic and just kinda yell irrational things that kinda defeat the purpose.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
my angry side/efficient task accomplishing side = that bunny = "terminator mode" = Relief Te + oppositional Ni = the Juggernaut!

Heh heh. Yeah, I'm guilty of that too. I get frustrated with something, and the more I mull it over, the more I turn into the Clean Police. I start cleaning the house and grouching at everyone else for the house being disheveled - it's my way of creating order when I don't feel in control. I'm not a joy to be around when I'm like that, and I do my best to curb the behavior.

Whoa, Iz scared of dat bunny :huh:

Does that mean I should stay away from angry ENFPs?

I think we're a great bunch, personally. Don't stay away if you don't want to.

I tend to hold in my anger as it builds up in an argument/situation. I try to figure out of what I'm getting mad at is worth it. I hate it when i see other people flip out over something insignificant, so I try and avoid that.

I hate being around people who react to most situations by erupting. It makes me tired all over. I mean, getting riled up prevents you from being able to think clearly, and I feel really our of control when I can't think clearly, so I try not to let the anger build. But, I also don't keep it in - I speak to the person I'm having a problem with as soon as I can, to get the situation resolved, because I hate walking around angry and I don't like to leave things unresolved.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
Heh heh. Yeah, I'm guilty of that too. I get frustrated with something, and the more I mull it over, the more I turn into the Clean Police. I start cleaning the house and grouching at everyone else for the house being disheveled - it's my way of creating order when I don't feel in control. I'm not a joy to be around when I'm like that, and I do my best to curb the behavior.

Lol. I do the ironing. Everyone's learned not to come near me when I'm ironing.

In fact I've noticed that when a pile starts to build up, people start upsetting me on purpose.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Lol. I do the ironing. Everyone's learned not to come near me when I'm ironing.

In fact I've noticed that when a pile starts to build up, people start upsetting me on purpose.

LOL! I feel the same way. I start casting a disapproving eye on everything that's messy, and then I blame someone for the mess being there. I turn into such a bossy cow. Not endearing. :D

sketcheasy

MBTI Type
ENFP
my anger usually turns into depression, self-deprecation, and anti-social behavior.

i usually blame myself if things go bad or if i'm angry.

Cality

MBTI Type
ENFP
Im alsmot never ever angry.... Only in my car when I see crazy drivers sometimes.
The very few times I am angry, I turn cold, abrupt in my words. It's like a very cold, calm but cold angriness. Does this sound ENFP enough?

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
Despite my nick, anger is one of the worst states for me to be in. My biggest problem isn't losing control when I am angry, but the fact that I am in total control of my anger yet choose to use it to hurt everyone that may have been involved or around. In my youth, this anger was used towared physical destruction of doors, walls, objects, other kids etc...

As I aged, I learned to use my very keen sense of peoples emotions to really get them where it hurt. When I am pissed, I become very task oriented on whatever I am doing while also extremely vulgar and spewing the most hurtful words you can imagine. You might think I am kidding, but I become really aware of what buttons to push in the meanest ways, and even able to penetrate the thick leathery hides of INTx's.

Obviously this is all done in the loudest and most evil way possible, and making everyone unsafe by just being around or saying calm down. If I spot you, expect to be hit (emotionally) where it hurts (in your most vulnerable area). The good news is that to get to this stage of anger, takes a good amount of pressure, so if it occurs, it was probably severely and unneededly and really harshly provoked. Most of the time I would just get loud when its simple things but kinda walk away till I calm, but if it gets to that stage, no I want to be there to see the words cut you.

I have no idea why this would happen, i.e. striking people on their vulnerabilities, because in normal times, I would never ever, ever, ever, try to hurt anyone and go great lengths to protect peoples weak spots from others by defending them and or changing topics or complementing them etc... to help them overcome their weak points, and see their better side. I think its the inate ability of the ENFP to spot the good in people and motivate them, that also gives us the shadow ability to spot the worst in people and point it out.

Anyway, I posted this without reading any of the other responses so I don't dilute my own thoughts on the matter, so I am curious to see how many people can relate to this or am I just an evil bastard.

PS: I rarely get that angry as stated above, and it never lasts for more than five minutes.

Alpha-6

MBTI Type
INTP
Okay, what do ENFPs do when traumatized? Is this type more susceptable to losing their flippin mind?

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Anger manifest is stereotypical 'Fe' -- ENFP being expressive by nature (and more bark than bite, IMO, 'cause we are nice like that) can be misconstrued when 'angry' or partially joking. Also 'P' being more about possibilities and XNFP more about metaphors etc., I think at least for me when I say things people may take it more seriously or face value.

Example, just now I was on the front porch with my INFP roommie and her 2 IXXX friends (I'm gonna guess IXXJ) and I told them I got 'run over' by a bike (jerk sideswiped me and snagged my bag). I said next time I'm just gonna kick the bike to knock the biker off.

The IXXJ were listening very quietly, even bored until I said this. And then one girl said, "Wow! Where is this violence coming from??" I don't know if she were joking as well, but anywhoo, I realized joking about kicking people (even when deserved) doesn't go over very well in certain new company.

I think at the brunch I was at earlier, the folks would have laughed or commiserated more with me.

Or maybe not.