• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] What skills are we best at than other types?

INFPtheQuietOne

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
It's sick and tiring to hear only the negativity of INFPs (useless, social rejects, dumb with no logic, slow) and it seems like there are no skills INFPs are known for. ENFPs are the world changers, ISFPs the musicians, and INFJs better than INFPs in every intuitive way (writer, psychology). But I think we INFPs are best at being the unique, sweetest, and mysterious one who can be so quiet without being noticed which can be an advantage. Anything else INFPs are better at than any other types?

á´…eparted

passages
I smell special snowflakeism sneaking in here.

Being "unique" is not a thing for INFP's by and large. That is more of a concern of E4's, and even then it's a bad word choice.

INFPtheQuietOne

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I smell special snowflakeism sneaking in here.

Being "unique" is not a thing for INFP's by and large. That is more of a concern of E4's, and even then it's a bad word choice.
Then what things are INFPs better than at other types?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Or people thinking we're "cute", "childlike", "sweet", and "innocent." Yes we are veerrryyyy fraaaaagillllle

After reading all your threads about pretty much the same thing, you should just wrap yourself in bubble wrap and lock yourself in a bathroom.

Cygnus

It's sick and tiring to hear only the negativity of INFPs (useless, social rejects, dumb with no logic, slow) and it seems like there are no skills INFPs are known for. ENFPs are the world changers, ISFPs the musicians, and INFJs better than INFPs in every intuitive way (writer, psychology). But I think we INFPs are best at being the unique, sweetest, and mysterious one who can be so quiet without being noticed which can be an advantage. Anything else INFPs are better at than any other types?

Creating threads nobody cares about.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
MBTI isn't really about ability.

The thing is, you can be a world-changer, a musician, a writer, or whatever if you put the time and effort in. Type should not dictate how you think about these things.

Nico_D

The Lost One
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I just want to agree with The Mighty Fetus just a little bit more.

Why don't you just find out what you're good at as a person instead as an INFP? Because you are quite a bit more than some abstract four-letter acronym. And if there's something you don't like about yourself, grow past those borders, that's what life is for. Or should be for. Development.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I want to be better at dealing with people's feelings, so I guess in a way I'm aspiring to be able to do what INFPs can do.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Or people thinking we're "cute", "childlike", "sweet", and "innocent." Yes we are veerrryyyy fraaaaagillllle

INFPs aren't quiet at all, they are very vocal about their beliefs.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Understanding what is important to self and others? Listening?

Kas

Fabula rasa

I'm wandering where have you heard all of that? I haven’t felt that my type is oppressed in this forum. Sometimes people write about what can be weaknesses of the types, but that’s all. Actually the most posts about how the INFPs are seen I’ve read were yours. Is it someone told you all of that, or is it something you think about INFPs yourself?

I agree that we can’t just associate the skills with the types, it’s more how they understand things and relate the outside world. That’s why choosing f.eg. careers for particular types is difficult. What are often our strengths? The ones I know are not mysterious and rather not sweet (hmm they’re grownups) and we are all unique among all types:) ("There are no men like me. Only me." as Jaime says)
Considering the ones I know strengths would be creativity, they’re usually good with music and words and get along well with people, are dedicated. If it’s about job I think that the best would be the one which resonates with the passions and values of individual and maybe creative too, or just work with people. I hope it’s some kind of help.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Not really type related. I used to be confused by the assertion that Ns are more creative and Ss are better at sports. I value both in myelf, so it makes me angry every time some dumb fool sats one type is better at something than others.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
[MENTION=24978]INFPtheQuietOne[/MENTION]:

I read through your threads yesterday to acquaint myself with you. I've been pondering over what to say. First off, I feel your pain and inner frustrations, and I want to send you a hug for that. I think you're very young, and growing, and in pushing against the edges of yourself are coming to terms with some of what you perceive as negative qualities and trying to find an attribution for them. Certainly some of what you write rings true for INFP challenges, especially when your age. Many other people in the world seem more defined, seem to know their "mind" better, seem to navigate the world more easily. Yet as an INFP, you are also wired (once you are able to get out of your own head) to tap into the inner reality of others and you will realize, quite deeply, that there they carry as much pain and burden as you, although in different areas, and more often than not, they carry more with no in-built system to know what to do with it, as you have. When it comes to understanding emotions, we are wired for this.

Ultimately, you're just human. And this is ok.

You are not alone, you are not incapable, you are strong in what you perceive as your weakness. People will come to treasure your tenderness and capacity to love as soon as you are able to fully embrace and love yourself. You are ok, but you have much growing to do, as is the way of this world. None of us enter it fully developed. Take time to develop your strengths rather than focus on what you perceive as weakness and desire to justify your position by attributing it to your INFP typing. Yes, you might cry more, feel shy more, withdraw more. It's ok. Use your extraverted intuition to get engaged with the world and find the delight in interaction. Feel your pain, because you will undoubtedly bump into learning situations, it will happen. I still do and I am much older than you. It is a life-long exploration and start looking at the world from that place of wonder and amazement, I know you feel it inside of you.

I have a little job for you - you might find the enneagram a tool to help you understand your emotional coping strategies, do these tests to start: Eclectic Energies Enneagram Tests (free) and tell me what you type as here.

SO, yes you made a bunch of threads and have received a bit of allergic reaction to them. Be ok with how that hurts and let's move forward and grow, grow dear little INFP!

:hug:

Pandemeria

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

INFPs are especially adept at tearing cling wrap, making casseroles, and awkward but elaborate mating dances. Our spirit animal is the Sparklemuffin. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYIUFEQeh3g

INFPtheQuietOne

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
INFPs aren't quiet at all, they are very vocal about their beliefs.

Really? Only few of them are very social though, the ISFPs and IXFJs are the loudest introverts. But may it have been that you knew some outgoing people who are INFPs?