• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Are INFPs the Most Childlike?

INFPtheQuietOne

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I only heard other INFPs were mistaken as younger like me. We're all very quiet and barely talk. I never heard other feelers were mistaken as childlike. I don't understand at all, everyone knows INFPs are very quiet but the other introverts are not called childlike, same with ENXPs. Everyone says INFPs are more childlike than ENFPs and ISFPs. Is INFP the most childlike MBTI and why?

Daydreaming Swan

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
The most childlike type in terms of...

...Immaturity = ESTP
...Naivety = ExFP
...Innocence = IxFP

Cygnus

Ne/Si > Se/Ni == Judicious > Decisive (childilke > mature)

Fe/Ti > Te/Fi == Merry > Serious (childlike > mature)

Ne/Si + Fe/Ti == Alpha Quadra (ENTP, INTP, ESFJ, ISFJ)

F > T == more childlike (ESFJ, ISFJ > ENTP, INTP)

Pi > Je == more childlike (ISFJ > ESFJ)

ISFJ is the most childlike type.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ne/Si > Se/Ni == Judicious > Decisive (childilke > mature)

Fe/Ti > Te/Fi == Merry > Serious (childlike > mature)

Ne/Si + Fe/Ti == Alpha Quadra (ENTP, INTP, ESFJ, ISFJ)

F > T == more childlike (ESFJ, ISFJ > ENTP, INTP)

Pi > Je == more childlike (ISFJ > ESFJ)

ISFJ is the most childlike type.

ISFJs are more childlike than ENTPs? Really?

I don't think ethics are more childlike than logic. This is probably where this is breaking down, IMO.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Maybe reticence is mistaken for shyness... I'd guess "adults" are assumed to be assertive (probably due to the high ES:IN population ratio).

Cygnus

ISFJs are more childlike than ENTPs? Really?

I don't think ethics are more childlike than logic. This is probably where this is breaking down, IMO.
Well I think we can at least boil it down to Irrational > Rational, which would still eliminate everything but ILE and SEI. The order of maturity I use is Ji > Pe > Je > Pi -- Ji holds true to its values at all costs, Pe is just a diluted variant of a Ji-ego, Je models its values after the systems of its environment in an almost Macchiavellian way (despite a facade of maturity), and Pi is the most aloof and suspended in its own world, while still looking to Je for guidance.

Maybe reticence is mistaken for shyness... I'd guess "adults" are assumed to be assertive (probably due to the high ES:IN population ratio).
I always chalked it down to Pi being mistaken for "shy" due to its extreme indifference to reality. Ji would show the most true shyness due to a values dissonance with its environment, but it wouldn't appear as aloof on the outside -- not quite as "spaced-out" as Pi.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds like you're just reading type descriptions from novice Tumblr blogs or getting this stuff from reddit subgroups or something...where did you hear they're more "childlike" than other types?

You might consider applying a little more scrutiny with the information you're taking in. Consider the source of this type of info. Did it come from a book or website, and if so, is it reliable? Is it something someone told you on a forum, and if so, where did they get their information? Assume everything is bullshit, run it through your head repeatedly, test it via self-observation and observation of others, then determine if such info is valid or flawed. Lather, rinse and repeat as many times as necessary.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When you're unhealthy, the weakest parts of descriptions are all you see, and the most negative descriptions are the most attractive. There's a lot of information out there that would lead to very different conclusions, but it takes a healthier set of eyes to see it.

I suggest letting typology rest for a while and just put all that energy into getting stronger and learning to supply for yourself what you're looking for from others. Then, if you're still interested in type when you're feeling better, look again. It's hard to even type oneself accurately in this state anyway.

@topic, tho: From what I've experienced, Fi dominance often comes off as older than it really is. I've gotten this feedback a lot, though with a certain inner tension because I feel anything but old on the inside. But that's just me. Other people who I think probably have Ji leading have given off an "older" and more serious vibe, too.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Maturity, or the lack of it, will effect how the functions are expressed, but is not a function of them. Or to put it another way, maturity isn't type related.