• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Why Immature F-ers give me the creeps?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

NF friend brings SFP friend to my place even though she knows I can't stand SFP but she wants us to get along. SFP sees a hand knit blanket and asks if he can have it. I tell him that it belongs to someone else so it is not mine to give away. I am thinking who walks into someones place and just asks if they can take something. NF intervenes by saying "aww just give it to him it would make him happy," no kidding she says this. Then I have to be the big bitch that ruins SFPs happieness. I sternly tell him no.

WTH?? I woulda said No and also "Were you raised in a barn?!"

^^

Except a girl is walking with you inside your home, then you absolutly will treat the environment like a rummage sale. xD

Seriously. Let's go shopping in other peoples' houses! :D ;)

T

ThatGirl

Never would have gotten that far if I was not constantly pushed to tolerate someone who gave me the creeps for the sake of NFs feelings. Usually I have found that if someone gives me the creeps it is because of a good reason. There is something to be said for recognizing behavioral patterns when taking into account type, consciousness, past, present, and intellect.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Never would have gotten that far if I was not constantly pushed to tolerate someone who gave me the creeps for the sake of NFs feelings. Usually I have found that if someone gives me the creeps it is because of a good reason. There is something to be said for recognizing behavioral patterns when taking into account type, consciousness, past, present, and intellect.

Sounds like you and Miss Delusional NF need a little tete-e-tete. No way would I put up with the garbage. A little flex is socially necessary, of course, but "you want that blanket?" is simply uncouth and shall I say, weird. So seems to me that you're going to have to have a bit of a discussion with her about SFP Weirdo Friend. What if you hadn't been home to say no? What then?

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh my wow. LOL. Asked for your blanket. How weird. I don't get why ur NF friend would be like "Aww just give it to him." Mabye both the NF and the SFP are a little uhhh...out there.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I say the NF and the SFP can go lick sweaty hairy monkey balls - seriously, how rude.

heart

heart on fire

Based on what you've related, I wouldn't tolerate this NF's behavior. It's odd and controlling. If her friends give you the creeps, then run!

For me, saying someone gives me the creeps is just about the worst thing I could say about them. It means that everything in my gut is telling me to run. When I've ignored this feeling (sensation) I've regretted it and even been in some danger. Sometimes it's just not safe to ingore intution about weird people.

Edit: It really does suck when people who are off and acting strange force you (general you) into a position of having to be firm and set limits and then they make you feel like you are the one being unreasonable and the big B, but sometimes you just really have to be your own advocate. I've been in this position with relatives and it's draining and stressful but necessary. Sorry to hear you've got to deal with unreasonable people.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:yes: sometimes you just have to hurt someone's feelings. It's unfortunate, but sometimes necessary.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:yes: sometimes you just have to hurt someone's feelings. It's unfortunate, but sometimes necessary.

Straight up. You should confront her while holding a cupcake in one hand and a Frappacino in the other. When she asks you what those are for, you say, "This is my magic weird-people-fightin' FOOD, woman! Woo! I need some comfort after I hurt your feelings!"

NF: "Hurt my feelings?"

You: "Yeah, getting to that part!"

Breakdancing is impressive but optional.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Think how many pages we would have saved if you'd given us this example right away, ThatGirl? (not that anyones counting but its 37 now :) ) This kind of talking makes a lot more sense to me at least... and you would have had many people on the same level from the start.

T

ThatGirl

Yes, I am starting to realize that when comunicating with feelers it is best to keep a good scapegoat on hand.*insert wink here* can't do it from my phone.

heart

heart on fire
Yes, I am starting to realize that when comunicating with feelers it is best to keep a good scapegoat on hand.*insert wink here* can't do it from my phone.

If it is a fake story, meant to be some sort of scapegoat then that's really awful. :rolli:

If you've really been subjected to weird people who've been controlling and using manipulation to work on your guilt then that's one thing, but your latest comment sort of wiped out any shred of respect I had for you. I done with trying to understand you. Sorry.

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7

My assessment of this comment is that.... you need a new phone. :yes:

Heart, I think SFP/NF = scapegoats, not the story. And I think SFP/NF = real, but just very strange (while being quite useful!).

T

ThatGirl

My assessment of this comment is that.... you need a new phone. :yes:

Heart, I think SFP/NF = scapegoats, not the story. And I think SFP/NF = real, but just very strange (while being quite useful!).

Thank You

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
Thank You

If sciski's interpretation is right, your use of the word "scapegoat" wasn't the best and your "Good God Woman" didn't really defuse or explain. Which (combined with this thread) leads me to think you're not an expert on making other people understand you quickly, so perhaps F-s act particularly weird around you simply because you're confusing? :D

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If sciski's interpretation is right, your use of the word "scapegoat" wasn't the best and your "Good God Woman" didn't really defuse or explain. Which (combined with this thread) leads me to think you're not an expert on making other people understand you quickly, so perhaps F-s act particularly weird around you simply because you're confusing? :D

Agreed. There are Thinkers out there who would also react badly to this form of ambiguity.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Immature f-ers of all types give me the creeps.

And by f-ers - I don't mean feelers. ;)

heart

heart on fire
Immature f-ers of all types give me the creeps.

And by f-ers - I don't mean feelers. ;)

Well, I was giving her the benefit of the doubt that the similarity to what you imply there and her labeling of Feelers as F'ers was unintentional. Initially saying Feelers in general gave her the creeps was bad enough. :D

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
F people creep me out. I don't understand them.

Haha. I see the same in my husband. He is very strong T and totally confused with my F. I tried to explain myself to him several of times but.... no understading developed. These days I kind of enjoy it when he gets confused my my F. :devil:

So, I'm not telling you what makes "us" tick! :smoke: