• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Why Immature F-ers give me the creeps?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You have my sympathy if you're being forced to eat lunch in some kind of "go team go!" situation. I'd rather eat alone and spend the time recharging myself in silence at work. But I know that many times there's nutty theories about this and that at a workplace I am going to have to put aside my wants and wishes and do what's required, whether it makes sense or not, so long as I am not asked to be abusive towards someone else or break any laws.

It's the type of situation where my personal happiness doesn't really factor in and that's just reality.

I thankfully work in an environment where no one really can go to lunch at the same time and is very much geek friendly. One of the office favourites I would actually have to peg as ENTP as well.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I agree most of the feelers I met may have been imature and am now seperating those conclusions I'm head from f to mentality. I would like to experience feelers with high consiousness levels. I have a new view and goal in mind.

Yay! I'm glad to hear that. :D I hope that you meet some good feelers to help you on your journey.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I don't see why happiness is in the equation at all. happiness to me comes from within the self and is not swayed by external circumstances easily. Because you can not control the world it is best not to rely on things or situations for gratification. To me the world is separate from emotion which only exists with in myself. By putting that aside it gives a clearer view of how to handle situations for maximum efficiency. This includes putting aside the will to make people happy or to be self sacrificing which to me is martyr ish. It serves no purpose to anyone if everything is functioning to its capability.

Hmm... I'm not too sure what you are talking about here... Your profile says you are ENTP, and you still claim that you have separated your happiness from outside world. Sounds strange. I'm introvert and for me it should be a lot more easier to find happiness inside myself, but for me it doesn't work that way. Besides, if you really feel that the F-people creep you, isnt it same as saying that the feelers are disturbing your happiness? This means that your happiness is also dependent of the outside.

But, anyway... I don't think it is anyhow possible to make your happiness independent from outside world, and this is very important point if you want to understand feelers. The reaction that you get from us differs, but the reasons are pretty much the same. If I am in a conflict situation, it gives me this feeling of helplessness and starts actually feeling as a pressure on my chest. Its something I cant stand. I want to get out of it, and if theres a way to make the conflict stop, I'll try to. But, to someone else it could be something more irrational, which might seem to you like they've gone nuts. This goes for all the situations concerning other people. I want people to be happy with each other, and I usually don't do anything that would lead to a situation that is painful to me, in other words, I very rarely act in the way you described feelers in your earlier posts.

I'm not sure if anything I just said has much to do with the topic, I'm not so sober anymore. Anyway, I guess I want to say that with people you should never rule out happiness as motivation. Everyone wants to be happy.

SillyGoose

MBTI Type
EXXP
I think it's less about if you're having lunch on your own, but if you're planning to go to lunch with others. You personally may not do this so it may be a moot point; however, those who do typically do this to aid in workplace cohesion which can help make communication more effective. It's easier to get an immature F to do what you want when they're on amicable terms with you than not.

Now, if you are in a situation where you get to decide who you work with you may be able to avoid this issue all together. On the other hand, if you do not have that control what is better? Effecive communication resulting in a better product or ineffective communication which causes things to take forever to do?

Yeah that.

That's what I was trying to get across.

T

ThatGirl

I am saying that when strength and control of emotion is achieved you have the ability to feel what you want when you want most of the time excluding extreme circumstance. Then you choose not to dwell on negative emotion longer than necessary for it to spark the thought process that fixes the situation. Your emotions become independent of external circumstance and that which might bother most and lead a situation to spiral out of control is dismissed because it doesn't really matter.

For example I am hanging out with an ENFJ and an ESTP. The ENFJ likes the ESTP but the ESTP puts her in the friend category. ENFJ says that she completely understands the situation and now just likes him as a friend. So ENFJ and ESTP and I are all hanging out drinking beers when ESTP and I get in a pretty good analytical debate. It just happened. ENFJ starts to get massively jealous and pout and tries to get his by doing things like scooting her chair directly between our line of sight. Ok I let it slide because she is cool and I knew she had feelings for him and she is drunk. The next morning I tell her never to include me in the middle of animal planet again. She laughs and agrees.

Fast forward the three of use are sitting around talking again everyone sober and ESTP and I again fall into some heated discussion. ENFJ after several attempts at stopping it throws up her hands and walks away ignoring the both of us while we are now focused solely on her and her feelings. She claims she just can't handle conflict. We state that it was just discussion. She looks like she is about to cry and says she can't stand debates and it makes her feel sick. She says that she is not mad at anyone everything is fine. At this point I had already backed away without breaking eye contact but was listening from a distance as I swore not to hang with her while he is around anymore.

Fast forward to later that night just ENFJ and I are hanging out and I said something can't remember what. She says "see that's why I was so pissed off earlier" at which point I was done.

If this girl would set her feelings aside and observe herself from the outside in she could work on what she needed to do to get out of the situation that is eating her up inside. But instead she harbors unpredictable emotions that constantly interfere with her objective.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ne Ti Fe is that:

"A handsome wicked gentleman" xD

d098e57b-c74f-42cc-a5f1-ddea131b4012.jpg

heart

heart on fire
So ENFJ and ESTP and I are all hanging out drinking beers

:sound of needle being lifted from record:

How does a story about how drunk people relate provide proof about normal, unimpaired cognitive function? :shock:

SquirrelTao

MBTI Type
INXX
A lot of this makes sense some doesn't.

When I make a decision it comes down to simple math how does this affect everone and what are the ratios for each senario. I don't personalize things so much.

Thank you for your post.

Please provide a concrete example of using math to make a decision as to how to treat a group of people in everyday life. And I don't mean a monetary decision. Let's take this case: deciding where to go to lunch with a group of five friends at work. You would use math to make this choice? What would you do, hand out surveys to each of the five friends and ask them to rate each restaurant in a twenty mile radius?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Please provide a concrete example of using math to make a decision as to how to treat a group of people in everyday life. And I don't mean a monetary decision. Let's take this case: deciding where to go to lunch with a group of five friends at work. You would use math to make this choice? What would you do, hand out surveys to each of the five friends and ask them to rate each restaurant in a twenty mile radius?

If it's five, you can go by a simple majority...

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
With all of your value judgments in this thread, ThatGirl, I'd put my money on your being an ExFP, with a defined tertiary temptation.

T

ThatGirl

Ok after reading about how victimized you feelers are I have decided to give you your feelings back. You can keep them. Want evidence? This thread. Reread it and you will see it is just one big hurt feeling. "Its not what you said or what your intentions are its how you say it". If you get what I am saying why should word placement matter.

Good day.

SquirrelTao

MBTI Type
INXX
Ok after reading about how victimized you feelers are I have decided to give you your feelings back. You can keep them. Want evidence? This thread. Reread it and you will see it is just one big hurt feeling. "Its not what you said or what your intentions are its how you say it". If you get what I am saying why should word placement matter.

Good day.

I'm sorry if we hurt your feelings.:devil: I mean :cry:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I guess I was assuming that the goal was to agree on a restaurant that everybody would enjoy, not that three people would like but two would dislike.

And this is why you're the Feeler and I'm the Thinker here.

SillyGoose

MBTI Type
EXXP

Good day.

And again, you have repeatedly ignored questions asked of you to clarify what you meant. Ignored rational and/or insightful comments to clarify for you and have failed to do any sort of homework on cognitive functions but are readily remarking on it.

I don't know and maybe it's just me but I don't find it very rational or logical to make statements and judgements of one type of function but fail to do any sort of research on it. Do you think that was rational or logical?

heart

heart on fire

Good day.

The emotionality in this reply of yours above rivals any sign off any feeler has ever posted here. Do you have a curl in the middle of your forehead and did you stamp your foot as it posted? :devil:

You don't even know the functions and yet you think you've got iron clad theories on the differences between Feelers and Thinkers. You're a hoot!

No worries I prepared myself before jumping into the snake pit hence the second post peepwall. I understand you guys a little better than you think I do.

LOL, How'd ya think I'd fare if I went over on INTPc and posted a lot of asumptions about INTP's in flip, insulting terms and then posted the little guy behind the wall? Think that would excuse me from facing up to the firestorm of being set straight on it?

You DO want special treatment, constantly coming on, posting and then saying "Oh don't pick part what I say, I am posting this rushed!" "Oh I don't understand the functions"

Why do you deserve such special treatment as to have your rudeness and ignorance on type theory excused?