• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Why Immature F-ers give me the creeps?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
you got like arguing to the bones ? Guess then after birth the next step will be QED. I wil lstick around for that xD

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ouh disregard my last post :heart: xD I really like the pic

heart

heart on fire
I don't see where anything I have said here has been offensive to the objective of understanding. I am not throwing anything back beside the the swiss cheese arguments that were more directed at me then on the subject.

I have no stereotypical image in my head or I wouldn't have thought to ask for this understanding in the firstplace.

You can make choices that go against your feelings with the justification of simple math and an understanding of the bigger picture. Not every why leads back to a feeling. And, that still isn't justification for F to dictate your decisions. So why?

I don't feel like justifying or explaining anything to you. ;)

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't feel like justifying or explaining anything to you. ;)

Eh, no more that heart, I've already frustrated her enough :)

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Not every why leads back to a feeling. And, that still isn't justification for F to dictate your decisions. So why?

Give me an example of a T-decision that is as important as the one's I pointed out. Really, I just cant think of any.

The way I see it, the big decisions are the ones that "control" all of the small ones. In that way the big decisions are the decisions. If they are controlled by feeling who cares if you decide your groceries with T?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ah gosh you girls. It is so hard to tell, if you are keeping up a truth or if you just want to kill each other. I somehow get the feeling, in this discussion, you are keeping a truth.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
So it is 7:24 am and I go to bed now.

Do not kill her. If you want to get something straight, entp's do listen more than one would think. Just do not get personal, but do get it if it is needed. I see their might be more to the discussion than I can know.

Just now. They mighty "long" arm of justice is alway with you xD

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I will copy that and put it in my folder of best advances ever xD

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So it is 7:24 am and I go to bed now.

Do not kill her. If you want to get something straight, entp's do listen more than one would think. Just do not get personal, but do get it if it is needed. I see their might be more to the discussion than I can know.

Just now. They mighty "long" arm of justice is alway with you xD

Oh, I'm sure you're more than smart enough to understand it if it were in German, ^_^

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
:devil:

Really? I might have misunderstood the limits, then. I really really feel like my logic is on the mark here, but it could be a bit difficult to verbalize... I guess the way I see it is that the ultimate "why"s are alway feeling based while the T forms an ever more complex web or tree of "why"s that are based on the F. Thinkers have the F a lot more deeper in that tree.

Well... if that doesnt make sense... I guess I'm wrong...
Well MBTI is like the last separation in the tree. Rudimentarily speaking, say you're a female ISTJ. You're an animal, a human, a female, and ISTJ, and have things in common with all other members of each group. In the discussion of MBTI, why include drives that belong to every member of the animals group?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
By the way, ThatGirl, sorry about being a pain in the ass, but I had to know how serious you really were.

T

ThatGirl

No worries. I will try to clarify things tomorrow. Have a lot to do tomorrow so I am off for now.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No worries. I will try to clarify things tomorrow. Have a lot to do tomorrow so I am off for now.

Good, the more accurate and/or precise you can be with what you want to understand the better I might be able to think of an answer. Shutting down now would also be a good idea for myself and give me time to get my concepts and links in order. Good night.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Well MBTI is like the last separation in the tree. Rudimentarily speaking, say you're a female ISTJ. You're an animal, a human, a female, and ISTJ, and have things in common with all other members of each group. In the discussion of MBTI, why include drives that belong to every member of the animals group?

Ok, I get what you're saying.. The thing that makes it hard is that it isn't that straightforward, since we can't tell where the line goes between any of the categories. Am I more animal than human? The psychology doesn't end in humans, so ... it's not too easy to say if you can speak of animals with the same terms. (and if I tried, I would have to say that they are more F than T, but that would be like giving more ammo for the thinkers to throw at me, so I'm not saying it ;) )

By the way, ThatGirl, sorry about being a pain in the ass, but I had to know how serious you really were.

Awww... :hug:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
First of all don't be offended by the title I just thought it was funny.

F people creep me out. I don't understand them. I see making decisions off of your feelings as selfish and irrisponsible. The worst excuse ever, "I felt like it", like that matters. If people justify their actions according to their feelings where is the line that says what you were feeling is wrong. It seems immature. How is putting your feelings on someone else productive to anything? Where is the self control? You cant argue against what someone is feeling and asking someone to take your feelings into account is like asking them to cater unobjectively to you.

I am not trying to make people mad here I am trying to understand. What makes you all tick?

Well, Fs work differently from Ts. I guess in some respects we do expect to be catered to in a nonobjective fashion, but the thing is, we're willing to do so for other people as well (if we're healthy). We're asking others to respect our feelings, and in turn we respect theirs. Naturally, of course, it works the other way as well... if they don't respect my feelings, I might stop respecting theirs.

So, yes, Fs can lose self-control and do things on their feelings that you can't argue with them about. But the thing is, this can happen with Ts as well, when they have shadow F outbursts. If anyone were a pure F or a pure T... they couldn't function. The problem is that no one is entirely T or F. People by nature of how they are, deal with both in order to function, consciously or unconsciously.

Feelings are not productive, I suppose... but why should productivity be the purpose in everything? Why do you value productivity over everything else? If productivity and reasonableness are all you want in life, perhaps you should avoid Fs.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
You know, not necessarily in direct response to OP but thought it was funny because honestly the INTPs I know IRL are the most volatile, moody, 'whimsical' people I know. More unpredictable than INFPs and get more heated. You literally don't know when or why or how they are going to act out. INTPs can be REALLY emotional and moody.

See, you may use "T" over F to process, however, you still spit out emotion. You may think you are using logic, but that logic is cultivated through your emotional responses. You just don't know it.

So, yeah, it is kinda frightening and frustrating to deal with people who base things on these secret, esoteric things and seem to flip a switch or decide things on whims. But honestly, a lot of 'T's look like that -- not just to "F"s but also to other "Ts" The T's in question don't think they are being 'emotional' and think they are in fact being incredibly rational, even logical, and doing things that 'make sense' to them.

But to observers, they seem just as capricious, random, 'selfish', and moody as an 'F'. :)

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Feelings are not productive, I suppose... but why should productivity be the purpose in everything? Why do you value productivity over everything else? If productivity and reasonableness are all you want in life, perhaps you should avoid Fs.

I like the way you put it, but I disagree on F not being productive. If there was no feelers, there wouldn't be many groups that would stay together. People just wont survive without groups and their organization is very much feeling based.