• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Why Immature F-ers give me the creeps?

T

ThatGirl

First of all don't be offended by the title I just thought it was funny.

F people creep me out. I don't understand them. I see making decisions off of your feelings as selfish and irrisponsible. The worst excuse ever, "I felt like it", like that matters. If people justify their actions according to their feelings where is the line that says what you were feeling is wrong. It seems immature. How is putting your feelings on someone else productive to anything? Where is the self control? You cant argue against what someone is feeling and asking someone to take your feelings into account is like asking them to cater unobjectively to you.

I am not trying to make people mad here I am trying to understand. What makes you all tick?

Last edited:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Feelers do not by default make decisions based on their feelings; they orient themselves with the human element and base their judgments on values, be them internal or external.

heart

heart on fire
Sorry about your break up with a F'er. Yes, most logical thing is to swear off feelers for life and paint them with the broad brush of everything that went wrong with your lover. lol. I done the same thing years ago about thinkers without realizing then the difference between thinker and feelers in mbti terms.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, just to note, Feeling is also the source of moral imperative, which includes altruism. So, Feeling is also the peak of human unselfishness.

Good in and evil are both defined only by Feeling. So, people who are lacking in Feeling doesn't necessarily have a tendency to do "good". Capricious or fanatical behavior is theoretically less common in T-high, F-low people, but then those people are also more likely to be deficient in terms of moral obligation.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
"I felt like it" is an SP response, not an F response.

T

ThatGirl

Feelers do not by default make decisions based on their feelings; they orient themselves with the human element and base their judgments on values, be them internal or external.

Humans and values are flawed and there is nothing to enforce the deffinition of value other than through individual interpretation, again making Fers selfish by design.

heart

heart on fire
Of course, because every thinker's logic is always perfect, never flawed or affected by shadow F.

T

ThatGirl

Sorry about your break up with a F'er. Yes, most logical thing is to swear off feelers for life and paint them with the broad brush of everything that went wrong with your lover. lol. I done the same thing years ago about thinkers without realizing then the difference between thinker and feelers in mbti terms.

That break up was over a year ago and is only mildly annoying. I was thinking about the subject with no emotion involved.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Humans and values are flawed and there is nothing to enforce the deffinition of value other than through individual interpretation, again making Fers selfish by design.

And with your preference for thinking, your logic cannot be flawed?

An interesting angle here is that you, too, are a feeler, but your feeling function isn't dominant or auxiliary, so it can be responsible in you for more destruction than in a Feeler, because it is more primitive.

T

ThatGirl

Well, just to note, Feeling is also the source of moral imperative, which includes altruism. So, Feeling is also the peak of human unselfishness.

Good in and evil are both defined only by Feeling. So, people who are lacking in Feeling doesn't necessarily have a tendency to do "good". Capricious or fanatical behavior is theoretically less common in T-high, F-low people, but then those people are also more likely to be deficient in terms of moral obligation.

I think I have stated before that I believe altruism is instinctual. Good and evil can also be defined by math or simple weighing of the situation.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
i dictate you to... errm disregard this idea xD

T

ThatGirl

And with your preference for thinking, your logic cannot be flawed?

An interesting angle here is that you, too, are a feeler, but your feeling function isn't dominant or auxiliary, so it can be responsible in you for more destruction than in a Feeler, because it is more primitive.

Logic is flawed but feelings and values are more likely to be flawed more often.

I dig cavemen.:wubbie:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
you still need to explain to me, in like 5 words what we are talking about