• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Fictional ENFPs

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Patch Adams

He should be the ENFP Mascott.

padams1.jpg

chatoyer

MBTI Type
eNfP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The most complete fictional portrayal in film of a female ENFP has got to be Poppy, the lead character in Happy-Go-Lucky. The only thing missing is the usual NF self-consciousness. She is nonjudgmental towards herself and others. She looks aimless and carefree on the surface, but the film highlights her ability to connect pretty deeply with all the characters. She's annoying and charming at the same time--talks nonstop, makes jokes constantly, but has a few gentle moments where her deep caring is obvious for her friends, her students, and even strangers.

The best parts of the film are her volatile interactions with her bigoted, uptight driving instructor--but she even has sympathy for him!

It was refreshing to see an interesting portrayal of a happy character--rather than the usual angsty protagonists. It also showed that a generosity of spirit towards others could be a good coping strategy for life.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Oh I know one more: Raki from claymore.
(rhyme not intended, but that's how it ended.) :wink:.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The most complete fictional portrayal in film of a female ENFP has got to be Poppy, the lead character in Happy-Go-Lucky. The only thing missing is the usual NF self-consciousness. She is nonjudgmental towards herself and others. She looks aimless and carefree on the surface, but the film highlights her ability to connect pretty deeply with all the characters. She's annoying and charming at the same time--talks nonstop, makes jokes constantly, but has a few gentle moments where her deep caring is obvious for her friends, her students, and even strangers.

The best parts of the film are her volatile interactions with her bigoted, uptight driving instructor--but she even has sympathy for him!

It was refreshing to see an interesting portrayal of a happy character--rather than the usual angsty protagonists. It also showed that a generosity of spirit towards others could be a good coping strategy for life.

yeah she's totally an enfp....completely nuts.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I also do think that Elizabeth Bennett was an ENFP. To me her pairing with Darcy was ENFP/INTJ, though I think this has been argued and argued in forums past.

I'm more inclined to see her as an INFJ in the novel (a weak I). In movies, she is often played as ENFP (by Keira Knightley, in particular).

I think Clementine in Eternal Sunshine is ENFP.
Celine in Before Sunrise/Sunset is an xNFP. I can't decide E or I....but I lean towards E.

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm more inclined to see her as an INFJ in the novel (a weak I). In movies, she is often played as ENFP (by Keira Knightley, in particular).

Celine in Before Sunrise/Sunset is an xNFP. I can't decide E or I....but I lean towards E.

Celine is definitely ENFP:)

ferrisbueller

MBTI Type
ENFP

I think you've caught me. I was assigned to read Pride and Prejudice in school but I only read parts of it, but I've certainly seen a number of film adaptations, including the Knightley version and the BBC one as well. It's entirely possible that my guess of ENFP was based more on film adaptations than on the novel.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Just about every single disney princess is an ENFP.

7thsomebody

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Pierre Bezukhov from "War and Peace"
Wall-E
Ethan Frome

Pierre had a clumsy sort of naivete and ignorance that was frequently revealed in front of an audience. Despite his extroverted nature he was incredibly socially awkward. All of these qualities contravene that which is natural to an ENFP. Perhaps certain childlike qualities he possessed made you think of an ENFP but in essence I would beg to differ.

7thsomebody

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I agree. She doesn't seem to have a goal, just jumps around

You seem to be implying that part of an ENFP's temperament is to have no goals. Now I would say its a. ludicrous to attribute that to any temperament b. definitely fallacious when regarding ENFPs and c. I'd be tempted to say that you do not actually know any IRL and have mistyped the ones you think are if that is your basis for agreeing that April is an ENFP. Also, at the end of Definitely Maybe we see that she has stopped 'jumping around' as you put it and clearly has goals, or rather has fulfilled them at least career wise.

I would say that Dean Moriarty in On The Road was an ENFP but I don't know if he counts as Jack Kerouac simply renamed Neal Cassady, the real life man he travelled on the road with as Dean.

Elizabeth Bennet in Pride and Prejudice seems to be like an ENFP. Feisty and witty, says how she feels, a bit impudent and defiant but definitely idealistic determined and caring.

Newland Archer in the Age of Innocence - he too is idealistic, independent minded, restless etc

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Pierre had a clumsy sort of naivete and ignorance that was frequently revealed in front of an audience. Despite his extroverted nature he was incredibly socially awkward. All of these qualities contravene that which is natural to an ENFP. Perhaps certain childlike qualities he possessed made you think of an ENFP but in essence I would beg to differ.

Hmm...cutting deep.

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
Alice in Wonderland, such a tease. Mwaha.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Bert/Ernie
ISTJ/ENFP

:rofl1:

every character that Amanda Bynes has ever played.

hah. the dancing lobsters are an ESFP and ENFP.

Ginny Weasly?
Arya Svit-Kona. *Read her pre-Durza description in Brisingr.*

ginny yes, maybe lily evans? not a ton to go off of there though.

i got the sense that arya was more of an IN - maybe INTJ - though given, i did not read the books in english, lol

Starry

I just read this entire thread, which as everyone knows, is extremely challenging for a sleepy ENFP.

What I wanted to see...but did not...was someone mention
Tim Burton's 'The Hatter' (Johnny Depp).

I think that is a specific 'type' of ENFP namely e6 like myself.

He wants to be happy so badly...but becomes overwhelmed by his emotions and emotional responses to wrong-doing & injustice.

Don't know if anyone can relate to this...