• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Famous INFPs

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I haven't read all the responses yet (because I'm lazy) but just in case no one has named her yet... Audrey Hepburn. Classic INFP. I knew I loved her as a kid for some reason.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Tom Yorke (Radiohead)- INFP?

I was thinking about this the other day while listening to "There There" from Radiohead's Hail to the Thief album. I thought INFP for Thom Yorke, too, until he sings the lyrics "Just 'cause you feel it doesn't mean it's real" in "There There," which doesn't sound much like what an NF.
...Although he could just be paraphasing what other people have said to him. Don't Know.

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
I was thinking about this the other day while listening to "There There" from Radiohead's Hail to the Thief album. I thought INFP for Thom Yorke, too, until he sings the lyrics "Just 'cause you feel it doesn't mean it's real" in "There There," which doesn't sound much like what an NF would say.
...Although he could just be paraphasing what other people have said to him. Don't Know.

He says ...doesn't mean it's there.

He's def an NF. I always thought J but could be P.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
He says ...doesn't mean it's there.

He's def an NF. I always thought J but could be P.

whatever. same difference.
I think he's NF, too, but that line keeps floating in my head (newly modified, of course :newwink:) and makes me a bit doubtful...

Last edited:

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i always see mother theresa in infj lists of famous people.

I read somewhere she was an SJ...

Oh, and uh I think Tiger Woods is definitely a sensor. I'm not sure why I think so, but I have a gut feeling about this one.

corey_vann

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8sx
I think Nietzsche was an INFP - not the INTP he's assumed to be. No INTP would have the nerve and insensitivity of destroying everything philosophy and science had produced and attempt to leave the world with Nihlism - only the selfishness of a Fi dominant soul could do this!

I have to disagree here (unless this was sarcasm. I'm new, so bear with me.) I've known quite a few INFPs (my best friend is one and so is my former roommate, who I've known since we were 13, as well as others) and none of them seem capable of anything like Nietzsche. He's always struck me as an NT. There's also the fact that other NTs I have known all seem to dig him on some level. Nietzsche just strikes me as too aggressive. I will admit I'm basing a lot of this on the INFPs I have known, and none of them could be called aggressive, or even passive-aggressive. They're usually just passive. I will admit I have been surprised by how dark INFPs can get. I had no idea so many NFs were into black and death metal. I also find the David Lynch question interesting. I love his movies but can comfortably admit I have no clue what he's trying to communicate.

I don't know if they've been mentioned yet, but what about Tori Amos and Elliot Smith? Amos strikes me as crazy enough to be an INFP (my roommate looooooved her, as well as Smith). And while there is some question behind his death, Smith falls into the suicidal musician category. I wouldn't put it past a depressed and unstable INFP to stab himself/herself in the chest after a fight with their significant other.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nietzsche was such a whiny apologist, though. isn't that NF type behaviour? :devil:

FaithBW

MBTI Type
INFP
I haven't read all the responses yet (because I'm lazy) but just in case no one has named her yet... Audrey Hepburn. Classic INFP. I knew I loved her as a kid for some reason.

Me too. I have quite a few of her movies and my college dorm room had a couple of huge posters with her image. I LOVE Audrey! When I finally found out we were the same type, it made perfect sense why I adored her.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have to disagree here (unless this was sarcasm. I'm new, so bear with me.) I've known quite a few INFPs (my best friend is one and so is my former roommate, who I've known since we were 13, as well as others) and none of them seem capable of anything like Nietzsche.

I don't think the average NT is capable of anything like Nietzsche either.

Not sure if these have been mentioned:

Robert Smith (The Cure)
William Reid (The Jesus & Mary Chain)
Thomas Hardy
Pablo Neruda
Rainer Maria Rilke

Anamalech

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
5w4
Jimmy Carter
Michael Jackson
Christina Applegate
Kim Basinger
Kate Beckinsale
Cher
Sophia Bush
Claire Danes
Jennifer Connelly
Mia Farrow
Calista Flockhart
Eva Green
Bonnie Hunt
Catherine Keener
Rhona Mitra
Julianne Moore
Gwyneth Paltrow
Ellen Pompeo
Kristen Stewart
Ryan Cabrera
Don Cheadle
Danny DeVito
Robert Downey Jr.
Tom Hanks
Paul Giamatti
Toby McGwire
TR Knight
Tim Robbins
Bill Pullman
Philip Seymour Hoffman

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Jimmy Carter ???
Michael Jackson
Christina Applegate
Kim Basinger
Kate Beckinsale ???
Cher
Sophia Bush
Claire Danes
Jennifer Connelly
Mia Farrow
Eva Green
Bonnie Hunt
Julianne Moore
Gwyneth Paltrow ???
Ellen Pompeo ???
Ryan Cabrera
Don Cheadle
Danny DeVito ???
Robert Downey Jr. ???
Tom Hanks ???
Toby McGwire
Philip Seymour Hoffman

I crossed out all the no's, eliminated the ones I've never heard of, question-marked the ones I'm not sure of, and kept the actual INFPs unscathed.

You're welcome :)