• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Famous INFPs

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Johnny Depp.

I thought I was the only person who thought so. Yes. Johnny Depp. I definantly get an INFP vibe from him. He's got artistic integrity and he's soft spoken and polite in most interviews I've seen.

soft

MBTI Type
infp
Jesse lacey
aaron weiss
chris mccaughan
tim kasher

all guesses.. but i could definitely see any of them being INFPs. especially chris or jesse

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
335gmxl.png

i love your avatar. if i had to draw the inside of my mind, it'd probably look a bit like that. :yes:

--

well that was 97% off topic so i guess i could actually add something to the conversation

musicnerd93 said:
I thought I was the only person who thought so. Yes. Johnny Depp. I definantly get an INFP vibe from him. He's got artistic integrity and he's soft spoken and polite in most interviews I've seen.
yes. i've thought that too. though he projects one excellent extravert in Pirates

I will admit I'm basing a lot of this on the INFPs I have known, and none of them could be called aggressive, or even passive-aggressive. They're usually just passive. I will admit I have been surprised by how dark INFPs can get. I had no idea so many NFs were into black and death metal.

lol yeah you think NFPs are full of fluffy bunnies until you open them up and discover they're hiding a rather pissed-off wolf or two, some barbed wire, a dark abyss, and occasionally much creepier things in there as well :devil:

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Bob Dylan
Ben Gibbard (Death Cab)
Joni Mitchell
John Frusciante (Chili Peppers)
Neil Young
Bob Marley
Fred Schneider (B-52′s)
Sarah McLachlan
Elliott Smith
Sixto Rodriguez
Ben Harper

Susah

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
More turbulence, as in more ups and downs in an inconsistent manner, rather than consistently staying low, or being steady like a plot diagram.

That sounds completely the wrong way round to me :S Surely the INFJ would be much more structured and consistent and the INFP turbulent as well as 'up and down'?

Judging by myself this is definitely the case - you can hardly get more turbulent and less organised. As to writers where this is prominent I would certainly agree with whoever said Carson McCullers, who I identify a lot with. I would also definitely say Virginia Woolf (I know she does tend to be on them lists as well...). They also share that concern with perspective and being 'trapped in your own mind', where I would also place Charlie Kaufman, agreeing with whoever mentioned him. The element of absurdism and a dislocated reality you have in Kaufman also seems very INFP to me and part of the whole idealistic tendency and to me things don't really get more INFP than Camus. I guess that could be a point in favour of Lynch, but I'm not sure his surrealism is of quite the same kind, so I'm rather undecided there.

As to Thomas Hardy I'm not quite sure. I would probably lean towards him being S rather than N. I guess that is a good thing that for once I actually like a writer who is not my type :p I would agree that finding people of your own type boring is perhaps an indication that you might not be that type after all. When I started reading up on typology I was slightly worried that I had just decided I was an INFP because that's what all the awesome people were, but it is probably the other way around :p Which is another reason I won't comment about some people discussed here: I really don't like them so I'm definitely prejudiced and want to expel them from my type :p

I think it might be right that Dylan is an INFP, but there does seem to me to be something a bit more S there as well... I think possibly he has a well developed N even though the S is dominant? There seems to me to be a kind of... quantitative thing about him... that just feels more S... but then again there is the idealistic element as well. To me the case actually seems rather similar to that of Hardy...