• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs, how do you deal with Thinking...

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
^^ i'm doing that next time...seems definitely the way to go.

You'd be surprised at how much crying and clinging you can fit into a given day when you let your computer make all your logical decisions for you.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You'd be surprised at how much crying and clinging you can fit into a given day when you let your computer make all your logical decisions for you.
maybe i'll give it a go tomorrow for kicks...i could use a lil nutty. :)

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I usually only use Thinking to serve Feeling (and I honestly use both to serve Ni), as Jung says, but I'm actually aware of logic even when it contradicts what I want. I just choose to ignore it in that instance.

As for how I decide when to terminate, progress, or begin a friendship, I have a set of rules, such as tolerating certain offenses, and not tolerating others, and how often I'll tolerate them, along with a definition of what I consider rude or improper. These rules are fairly fixed for me. The difference between this and logic is that these rules have nothing to do with efficiency or personal gain. They are based on my individual preferences, the things I find distasteful, etc. Also, in some rare cases, I'll make exceptions for certain individuals, but not others. It's arbitrary but organized.

This is so like me it's a bit scary!

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
This was my question to you in the last thread concerning the subject...

How do you cope with this being your third or fourth function when the world forces you too often to make impersonal judgments...

unbiased logic. its not impossible to detach from our core.