• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Famous INFJs

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thandie Newton:

[youtube=GHdfyNNJu-U]Thandie Newton part 1[/YOUTUBE]

Lauren Conrad:

[youtube=YGeeyQEd8AA]Lauren Conrad on Late Show[/YOUTUBE]

S

Sniffles

Goethe is described as probably E in Jung's Psychological Types, characterising the contrast with the introverted Schiller.

I think I saw him mentioned as ENFJ somewhere.

I usually see him classified as INFJ.

I'm thoroughly convinced that the French philosopher and playwright Gabriel Marcel was INFJ.

Here's the description given of his philosophical approach in one book of mine containing his lectures:
"Gabriel Marcel is a man exceptionally endowed with communicative vigor - not boisterous, but intimate, personal, incisive...His philosophy is as circuitous as living, as questioning and questionable as the risk of adventure.

The fragmentary character of his thought, the sudden insight, the nearly naive confession of fallibility - all this reflects his painful faithfullness to actuality.

The mercurial human predicament and the weightiness of living with others are predominant themes. As he muses, the apparent aimlessness materializes into coherence."

Sounds pretty INFJ to me.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
Correction: Al Pacino is problably more ENFJ then INFJ.

"My first language was shy. It's only by having been thrust into the limelight that I have learned to cope with my shyness."- Al Pacino

Al definitely seems uncomfortable and reserved in public, even if he often has a lot to say. He's even DESCRIBED himself by using the word 'introvert' (and talked about how Robert De Niro and a lot of other great actors seem to be introverted).

lorkan

MBTI Type
INFJ
"The end justify the means" as you can hear Al Pacino say in some movies, wich seems highly like a ExxJ-attitude. He seems, to me, to have a very strong and stable personality with no problem at all speaking his mind. In fact, that is all he is doing all the time and he seems that he has alot of depth into it without having to much problem wanting to share it.

It is usual though that when ENxJ are in interaction with ISxJ can usually show a lack of confidence due to the introvert in this case only has 1 perspective and is projecting it hard enough to influence the extrovert and also makes the extrovert feel weak and to much to measure up to. Same with ESxJ/INxJ.

I've interacted with my ENFJ mathematician teacher, and she is kind of quiet yet still when she notice she really could aid someone she couldn't stop talk. I think some ExFJ's also could have low self-esteem and don't feel like they measure up to either societys or their own idealistic expectations and therefor acts misserable, It could be that.

S

Sniffles

I'm going to try look further into it, but I'm willing to list the Jewish philosopher Abraham Heschel as a possible INFJ.

Even if he isn't, his monumental work on the Biblical Prophets certainly confirms why they're often compared to INFJs.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
She's ESFx

How did I know you were going to say that? :)

Maybe in that video she seems ESFx. But that is just a persona, as most people that live in Hollywood have. And she is 22 in college - every 20something in college seems ESxx.

If you ever watch the Hills it becomes clear that she is introverted despite her lifestyle, and an intuitive, as shown in her ability to imagine designs for parties and such when she was interning at Teen Vogue; it screams Ni. She has a distinct INFJ vibe on the show and is probably the best example I've seen in mainstream culture. In fact, I started watching the Hills because a friend of mine said that the main character acts just like me :cool:

dan.yo33

MBTI Type
INFJ
If Hitler was INFJ, wouldn't the whole genocide thing kinda clash with the Fe?

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
I was reading David Suzuki's autobiography today and I am pretty sure he's an INFJ.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
I'm surprised no one mentions Edgar Cayce as a textbook example of INFJ. The similarities are pretty astonishing, really.

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Wait. Marg Helgenberger is an INFJ? I know that this type is hard to type, but really? I was thinking that she's more of an ExxJ.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Was Lucy from I Love Lucy an INFJ?

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
I'd say Ghandi is an INFP, because of the following quotes :

Mahatma Gandhi Quotes - The Quotations Page

"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes."

"Hate the sin, love the sinner."

"Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress."

"I cannot teach you violence, as I do not myself believe in it. I can only teach you not to bow your heads before any one even at the cost of your life."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world."
i love those quotes... look at my signature

and i would say XNFP of sorts for gandhi, and not because im an ENFP but because it makes the most sense lol

Split_Infinitive

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I always want to claim people I like as INFJs, but I usually have to change my mind on them later.

Right now I am pretty sure that my man Hugh Laurie is probably an INFJ, though my INTJ friend reckons he's an INTJ (figures). In any case, his best friend, Mr Stephen Fry, surely must be one... right? I mean... read his autobio...

ETA: I have to disagree with someone a few pages ago who thought Dumbledore was an INFj. I used to think so too, but he's one of those people/characters I had to change my mind on. I think he's more of an INTJ. Caring and warm though he is, he ultimately did make decisions with his head rather than his heart. Otherwise he would never have let Harry... (um, y'all have read the books, right?)... die.