• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Famous INFJs

say yes

MBTI Type
IN**
Someone asked why Wittgenstein is INFJ,
Here's a couple of quotes from Rudolf Carnap's autobiography:

"His point of view and his attitude toward people and problems, even theoretical problems, were much more similar to those of a creative artist than to a scientist; one might almost say, similar to those of a religious prophet or seer."
(Indicates Ni dom)

"At our very first meeting with Wittgenstein, Schlick unfortunately mentioned that I was interested in the problem of an international language like Esperanto. As I had expected, Wittgenstein was definitely opposed to this idea. But I was surprised by the vehemence of his emotions. A language which had not “grown organically” seemed to him not only useless but despicable."
(Indicates preference of feeling rather than thinking.)

say yes

MBTI Type
IN**
Another example of an INFJ-philosopher would be Dostoevsky,
I remember reading some quote by him saying "I can't read philosophy, but I feel philosophy" (or similar)
His ability to "feel philosophy" I would assume is a strong dominant Ni, and his inability to "read philosophy" indicates undeveloped thinking function.