• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] What is your favorite work of literature?

Bnova

MBTI Type
IXTX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I find Fydor Dostoyevsky's Poor Folk to be quite nice :)
and I've always loved Sun Tzu's Art of War

who is your favorite novelist/philosopher and what work of literature do you love?

Nico_D

The Lost One
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I haven't read practically anything for a long a couple of years now. It's not because I don't like literature (although I am a very slow reader, I read and stop to think about the words and sentences and so forth, stupid) but I'm very picky about my reading. I hate to start a book and get disappointed in the characterization (mostly).

That's way I do research before reading any book.

But my favorites are Salinger's Catcher in the Rye, David Yates' Revolutionary Road and John Cheever's short stories. From the plays I absolutely love Tennessee Williams. Also Arthur Miller, Peter Shaffer and Henrik Ibsen.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)

There is already a thread about this though:

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...literature.html?highlight=favorite+literature

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
Not a big reader, but I especially like the works of Kevin Trudeau, Bill O'Reilly (yes detractors, eat your hearts out), and this book titled The Rise and fall of the Third Reich written by an author whose name completely escapes my memory. Published in the 60s I believe.

ailouros

MBTI Type
INFJ
My favorite novel is Virginia Woolf's The Waves. Philosophers that impressed me deeply include Kierkegaard and Max Scheler.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Obviously or not so obviously by my username, I love "Hitchhiker's Guide" and what I've read of Dirk Gently is hilarious too. Definitely book over movie for that one. I did enjoy the movie fairly, even if a lot of the diehard fans dislike it. Just the style of irreverent satire and the colorful cast of characters that Douglas Adams bring to life. It's such a quotable book and Marvin is my favorite character. He has some hilarious quotes and I feel a lot for that poor little android. ;-; I wish he had a different fate. In works of sci-fi, there is just something lovable about robot and alien characters.

Other than that, I have a soft spot for the Chronicles of Narnia. I grew up with those books and I love the Biblical symbolism. My favorite book it "The Magician's Nephew" because it was the first Narnia book I read when I was little and it also was an origin story, how it all began. We also learn about the origins of the professor in "The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe" and I like how the books give little nods to each other. "The Last Battle" is another great book.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Notes From The Underground" by Dostoevsky.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
"Cien años de soledad" Grabiel garcia marquez and Tolstoi " War and peace".
For me those are like the op. 10 of Chopin and Preludes of Debussy.

I have never read Dostoevsky Tho (Should i read it in english or spanish ... Spanish is more complex of course but i think english have better translation) , My bad.