• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] Being Careful With Your Words...

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Honestly, I don't stick my foot in my mouth habitually. I remember the last time it happened, and it was on the forum, so I don't think that counts as much as in a RL setting it wouldn't have happened. Before that instance -- honestly can't remember.

I own my words. Most of the time I consciously decide to own what I say before I say it so there's no way for me to be made to felt bad or embarassed by what I say. And I'm very good at backpeddling and saving potential faux pas. :yes:

The only 'foot in mouth' thing I can think of is when the spontaneity and extraversion of ENFX gets ahead of itself.

I.E. You say things things like, "She's such a nag" and then someone tells you, "That's my girlfriend" Or you say, "I hate McCain, what a tool" and your date says, "I work for him." (<--In DC this is more likely to happen then you'd think)

This is the only 'foot in mouth' scenario that I can think of for me. And I make a conscious effort to not make extreme declarations about people until I know who I'm talking to so it rarely ever happens.

And even if I say something that others would consider a 'faux pas' I often stick by my words. For instance, if I were the one to say, "Vegans are so flipping annoying!" and someone told me they were vegan, I would still think vegans are flipping annoying. I'd probably just add, "Present company excluded" or joke, "I'm sorry I didn't know that, I hope you're not annoying!"

Putting your foot in your mouth is backing yourself verbally into a social corner so to speak. Some people just constantly say inappropriate things -- things that are too crude, lewd, or just offensive. I don't consider that 'foot in mouth', that's just annoying or socially gauche.