• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ahem... DO YOU SPEAK LOUD?!?!

Ahem... DO YOU SPEAK LOUD?!?!

• Total voters

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I've seen your pic. You're a dude and your name is "violett."

Though, took me a while to realize "prplchknz" meant "purple chickens." I always sounded it out as "perplutchkinz."

what's a perplut?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
When I am teaching/lecturing I am quite loud. I've had the door closed on me from the hallway multiple times over the years.

I missed this earlier but my ENFJ does a lot of lecturing/teaching as well. I think this is where that loud voice comes from.

I do not need...a microphone...my voice is fucking....POWERFUL!!!!

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am not a loud speaker, but can project loudly enough when needed (thanks to having been in a few plays in school).

My partner tends to talk loudly, especially when he gets going on a particular point or topic. I often remind him that he's not pontificating to an audience of hundreds nor does the entire train car need to hear about the details of his day (as a strong NP, I'd be willing to gnaw my own arm off to escape a retelling of some of those details).

I have some coworkers who continually talk loudly until they become almost silent on a conference call (one of the few times when you really DO need to speak up to be heard clearly). It's perplexing.

violett

You have seen my pic? Really? The picture you have seen is of the Dude I created, but your not too off, that is the closest to what I would look like if I were actually a Dude. But after eight months of my joining, you get points for trying.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a hard time speaking to groups of people I don't know. I am slightly ackward IRL but people laugh, even qhen I am being serious :/

Chthonic

I tend to get voluminous the more excited I get. But overall my voice carries unfortunately and I tend to regret how clearly I can be heard given some the faux pas I commit.

Unionruler

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I soften my voice a lot, so it's not uncommon that people can't catch what I'm saying. When speaking in a formal tone I am at normal volume but tend to rattle a bit.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah I have to fight this thought process too.. I mean, soft spoken people are fine when it's quiet anyways, but what gets me is soft spoken people will be upset at loud people just as much. While I can see frustration in [MENTION=4883]Cimarron[/MENTION] for example who is really soft spoken, and I have issues hearing him sometimes if we're in a louder place, but I can tell he makes an effort to be heard when it's louder. :laugh:

I don't have bad hearing.. but mumbling, grumbling, low-tone voices are not something I'm accustomed to trying to hear, particularly in loud places. Try to speak up, or don't get upset that I can't hear you. Because while it may be a liiiittle annoying that my voice can drown out yours during a heated conversation, at least you can hear what I'm saying.
The problem is that I seem to have only two volume settings: One is quiet and calm, the other is loud (maybe medium-loud) and pissed off. I'm aware that I mumble, so when someone can't hear me, I speak loudly and clearly, with obvious enunciation, so I T-A-L-K....L-I-K-E....T-H-I-S, and hopefully don't have to repeat myself again. Of course, then it sounds like I'm being a smartass, which maybe I partially am, but the fact that I have to raise my voice in the first place is kind of taxing, as you pointed out/ noticed, so it does kind of get me annoyed. :peepwall: A notoriously loud-spoken coworker once asked me "Why can't you speak up, without the attitude?" :sorry:

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
My voice is medium but I talk a lot in social.
I make sure to interact warmly and correctly
But at home I talk to myself.. sign of loneliness and talkless people
I wish my family doesn’t see me in mornings because I can’t reply the good mornings
Hot yet cold.. Haha
I talk to you guys in my imagination
Perhaps it’s because I’m a mad INTJ
or an ENTJ with the passion to guide
If I’m an INFJ, I’m mad mad mad.
I’d be impressed if I was.
Anyways.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
The problem is that I seem to have only two volume settings: One is quiet and calm, the other is loud (maybe medium-loud) and pissed off. I'm aware that I mumble, so when someone can't hear me, I speak loudly and clearly, with obvious enunciation, so I T-A-L-K....L-I-K-E....T-H-I-S, and hopefully don't have to repeat myself again. Of course, then it sounds like I'm being a smartass, which maybe I partially am, but the fact that I have to raise my voice in the first place is kind of taxing, as you pointed out/ noticed, so it does kind of get me annoyed. :peepwall: A notoriously loud-spoken coworker once asked me "Why can't you speak up, without the attitude?" :sorry:

:rofl1: Imagine being a loud person and having to speak up!! I'm nearly always sarcastic when I have to speak up because I almost feel like "HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY NOT HEAR ME?! I AM CONSTANTLY TOLD TO BE QUIET! ARE YOU DEAF!??!"

You know though, from the other side of the grass.. it is very deflating for the ego sometimes to be told to lower one's voice constantly. It takes the wind right out of the sails. To me, more so than speaking up because someone can't hear.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
:rofl1: Imagine being a loud person and having to speak up!! I'm nearly always sarcastic when I have to speak up because I almost feel like "HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY NOT HEAR ME?! I AM CONSTANTLY TOLD TO BE QUIET! ARE YOU DEAF!??!"

You know though, from the other side of the grass.. it is very deflating for the ego sometimes to be told to lower one's voice constantly. It takes the wind right out of the sails. To me, more so than speaking up because someone can't hear.

What I hate are people who insist on giving maybe half their attention when I'm speaking to them. Then they ask me to repeat it because they weren't quite listening. The next thing that comes out of my mouth could be the loudest thing they ever hear in their life. Could because I may just walk out the door in disgust instead.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
What I hate are people who insist on giving maybe half their attention when I'm speaking to them. Then they ask me to repeat it because they weren't quite listening. The next thing that comes out of my mouth could be the loudest thing they ever hear in their life. Could because I may just walk out the door in disgust instead.

:laugh: Oh dear, my temper is so short for this kind of thing! My mom she'll get mad, but usually because she talks at us (aka doesn't get our attention before talking) and then gets upset when we don't listen to her.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
No. People tell me to speak up a lot of times and it pisses me off because after a certain point I feel like I'm screaming. Some times it even hurts my throat. Sorry I can't talk any louder with my normal voice and I don't feel like yelling just now so deal with it and pay more attention.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Yeah, I can imagine, and I don't doubt that. :yes: