• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Professionally Confirmed INFJs

pmj85

At the risk of sounding elitist to those with delicate egos, I'd be interested in chatting with other, confirmed INFJs - and I don't mean 'confirmed by some shitty paid for test', I mean 'confirmed by speaking with Jungian or MBTI Step I, II or III practitioners'.

I've been confirmed via both of the aforementioned methods, though the second was part of a coaching process I am currently going through (I was happy with the first typing).

There's a lot of white noise surrounding the type; I wish to converse only with those who know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are an INFJ. Self-typing is not sufficient, I'm afraid. That's just the way it has to be, because I've known quite a few 'definite' INFJs who, when typed professionally, are anything but. Most then go on to throw a shit-fit - hilariously un-INFJ of them.

Why do I ask this of you?

I'm currently in the process of compiling GOOD, accurate information pertaining to the type. It's time to clear this mess up, as I (and other INFJs) out there are really bored with all the misinformation doing the rounds. We need good, credible INFJs to come forward and aid with the project. Alternatively, if another credible INFJ is already doing this I would gladly offer my support.

I realise this thread is liable to sink, but it's all good. Contact me via PM if you'd prefer to avoid drawing attention to yourself.

Cheers,

- P

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a confirmed INFJ jedi obi wan kenobi wanna-be

pmj85

Excellent :)

If you don't mind, I'd love to contact you at some point in the not too distant future! Maybe this evening, for example :p

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
This thread is cringeworthy.

You do sound elitist, you're not really even trying to hide it. I'm telling you that for a fact.

I am sorry, but I just feel like I have no choice but to accuse you of having no interest in compiling interest in INFJ as a type. We are all tired of seeing somebody suggest that they're the only true INFJ, and I note that you've gone to a great extent to ensure that nobody can actually fulfil your criteria. For example, while I am sure that a group of people on here will have been typed by a careers advisor or somebody in their business, MBTI practitioners are quite rare creatures in psychometric testing professionally, especially outside the US. This is a small forum where not everybody has money, but you have made it crystal clear that nothing less will suffice. Even if somebody had undergone such testing what would he then have to do? Link you to an interview or give you a certificate? :dry:

I really despair when these kinds of threads/comments keep popping up. The real intent behind them is not hard to deduce.

pmj85

The real intent is to foster clarity through accuracy.

I fully expected to receive the criticisms levelled at me here, which is a shame. Suggesting that I want to appear as the 'one true INFJ' is hilarious to me. There are tens of millions of INFJs out there in the big wide world. An INFJ doesn't care about being '''rare''' or special. That is yet another common misconception, largely propagated by mistyped Fi users who do care about individuality. Fe really doesn't.

In my mind, there's nothing remotely cringe-worthy about trying to actively improve the muddied waters of typology; I thank you for your input and concerns, but within this context your post is not productive. Furthermore, I'm not particularly interested in having this discussion. If you dislike the thread, keep out. It's very simple.

pmj85

Thanks to those who have already been in touch.

I'll get some questions sent to you soon :)

Jaguar

Get educated on the process of taking the MBTI. The ultimate decision lies not with a so-called "professional," but with the person who takes the MBTI.

Myers Briggs.org said:
When you receive your MBTI profile, you might not agree with it. Only you can decide which personality type fits you best

Myers Briggs.org said:
Make it clear that the respondent is the expert; the only person who can verify which type fits best.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I fully expected to receive the criticisms levelled at me here, which is a shame.

It's not a shame. In taking that position, it's best to peacefully accept the criticisms and roll with them.

That is yet another common misconception, largely propagated by mistyped Fi users who do care about individuality. Fe really doesn't.

If I may, allow me to clear up your misconception. Enneagram type 4 "cares" about individuality. Since e4 is a common e-type found in both INFJ and INFP, you'll find such concerns amongst both populations.

pmj85

A good professional will of course lead you through a confirmation process, passing on type-related materials whilst also offering time and space to chew things over. Post typing chats and emails are also a thing. If after all of that you don't see the type fitting, I guess you go and get a second opinion. Masters of type will actually (in real time) highlight the emergent cognitive functions within the conversation you are having. Very cool indeed.

Of course, all of this should go without saying.

If I may, allow me to clear up your misconception. Enneagram type 4 "cares" about individuality. Since e4 is a common e-type found in both INFJ and INFP, you'll find such concerns amongst both populations

A fair point I suppose, but then I don't get behind the enneagram. The closest I got was something like '9w8', but that didn't quite nail it for me :)

All in all, Fi cares about individuality a great more than Fe; I think that is a fair and valid point to make.

I respectfully ask that the thread is not further derailed. I have made a simple request; if I have in any way offended anyone, I apologise.

I see no valid reason for further discussion within the topic, unless said discussion pertains directly to my request.

Thanks.

pmj85

Actually, have at it.

I'm not particularly fussed :p just don't expect me to answer in a timely manner (or at all) because I'm incredibly busy right now.

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You're very entertaining and enlightening, whether you realize it or not. I would love to see where this thread goes. Too bad that it looks like much of the discussion will probably take place in private.

pmj85

I didn't intend the thread to go anywhere - I was simply putting out a request. If people wish to bicker about said request, 'meh' :p

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Too bad that it looks like much of the discussion will probably take place in private.

Oh yes, it is unfortunate ... I've just received a lovely message myself, too bad I can't share!

I am certain the rest of the INFJs who choose to converse will have just a delightful time sharing their thoughts with this utterly charming individual.

pmj85

My sincere apologies if I offended you, PeaceBaby.

For those who wish to see the conversation:

PeaceBaby via VM said:
Hi there pmj85 - could you please separate your response to me from the request to not have the thread derailed? You posted that before you replied to my post and now having edited that post, it appears to be asking me in particular to not derail the thread. This could lead to other INFJs taking umbrage at my presence, and I would appreciate not having to defend myself. I am posting this here so as not to cause any further derail. Thanks!

pmj85 via PM said:
Actually, I fully intended to include your post. As for not having to defend yourself, I didn't want to have to do that either - essentially there was nothing to defend. A simple request was made. The vultures began to circle and, unfortunately, people had to get their two pence in. Your own post sought to deride me in some way by assuming that I lacked the knowledge you proffered; I didn't, and I stand by my decision to forego any further foray into the enneagram based upon the opinion that it is utter tripe without merit. Until I am provided with evidence to the contrary, I shall remain uninterested.

Not to worry, however. The thread is now open for debate. You can't stop people saying what they want to, even when there really isn't anything at all to say. Opinions, as they say, are like assholes ;)

I do not believe I was unfair. The comment about opinions / assholes could potentially be misinterpreted as a personal slight, granted. In reality I was alluding solely to the conclusion 'everyone has one'. My bad for not exercising greater clarity on that one.

Thanks to all those who have contacted me. I'd ask that you reserve judgement until you actually hear back from me, or engage me in conversation. I think you'll find me to be much more agreeable when I'm not having to deflect certain posts.

[Note - if anyone DOES have any evidence to the contrary re: Enneagram, I'd be very happy to listen!]

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I do not believe I was unfair.

Therefore you weren't. Yep, you're an INFJ.

eta: actually, to be more accurate, it could point to any Je dom/aux. But this particular flavor, yum, tastes like Fe.

Studmuffin23

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
At the risk of sounding elitist to those with delicate egos, I'd be interested in chatting with other, confirmed INFJs - and I don't mean 'confirmed by some shitty paid for test', I mean 'confirmed by speaking with Jungian or MBTI Step I, II or III practitioners'.

I've been confirmed via both of the aforementioned methods, though the second was part of a coaching process I am currently going through (I was happy with the first typing).

There's a lot of white noise surrounding the type; I wish to converse only with those who know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are an INFJ. Self-typing is not sufficient, I'm afraid. That's just the way it has to be, because I've known quite a few 'definite' INFJs who, when typed professionally, are anything but. Most then go on to throw a shit-fit - hilariously un-INFJ of them.

Why do I ask this of you?

I'm currently in the process of compiling GOOD, accurate information pertaining to the type. It's time to clear this mess up, as I (and other INFJs) out there are really bored with all the misinformation doing the rounds. We need good, credible INFJs to come forward and aid with the project. Alternatively, if another credible INFJ is already doing this I would gladly offer my support.

I realise this thread is liable to sink, but it's all good. Contact me via PM if you'd prefer to avoid drawing attention to yourself.

Cheers,

- P
I definitely sympathize with your mission here. INFJ is a highly misunderstood type, mostly due to mistyped IxFPs who are confused by shoddy online descriptions.

Unfortunately, I don't have the money nor the opportunity to converse with MBTI practitioners, so self-typing is the only option available to me. The way I arrived at INFJ was by a better (and more straightforward) understanding of how the Jungian functions actually work.

In spite of all the inaccuracies, self-typing CAN work if you are simply honest with yourself. To be sure, there are a lot of people who aren't. But that doesn't mean it can't work for someone who is willing to be truthful.

Although I know you probably don't want my help, I would be willing to "step forward" if you'll have me. I'm pretty frustrated with the misinformation too.

pmj85

Therefore you weren't. Yep, you're an INFJ.

eta: actually, to be more accurate, it could point to any Je dom/aux. But this particular flavor, yum, tastes like Fe.

As your sensitivity tastes like Fi ;)

Still, the world would be boring if we were all the same. My apology stands and is offered with complete sincerity.

Although I know you probably don't want my help, I would be willing to "step forward" if you'll have me. I'm pretty frustrated with the misinformation too.

I'd be happy to have a chat with you, absolutely. I should have actually mentioned that in the first post - if you're unsure of your type but suspect you may be an INFJ, get in touch anyway; I'm no professional, but I've worked with other INFJs and I can typically spot them a mile off by now :)

The questions may not come today as I have a very heavy schedule later. Bear with me.

Studmuffin23

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
All in all, Fi cares about individuality a great more than Fe; I think that is a fair and valid point to make.

Fair point. Fe doesn't really care about individuality. However, Ni cares about being "unique".

This isn't particularly directed at you, but I wish people would quit acting as if Fe is the be-all-end-all function of INFJs. Because it's not. Last time I checked, Ni is still the dominant function. And unless this is an INTJ vs. INFJ discussion, Ni should be the first function referred to in order to contrast INFJs with other types.

pmj85

Check my blog for the post on Ni; I've had other Ni dominants telling me that they relate a great deal.

Have to dash now \o

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've learned a couple of hard lessons about me and private conversations here, so I've been trying my best to say whatever I have to say publicly.

It's entertaining and enlightening to me to read your posts because so many INFJ-ish traits stand out to me now that I wouldn't have noticed over a year ago. Traits that I share. Good luck on your quest to fix the problem of misinformation about INFJs.