• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] My INFP friend

Rogue

MBTI Type
ENFP
OK, this is my very first post question...I'm ENFP.

I have a friend online who is INFP and we fight like crazy! We didnt really until I said something about him being my favorite chatter...blah blah... But he has lost his temper with me several times. I have gotten angry tooo. But we ALWAYS make up! It's like we fight constantly but can't not talk. He just is either nice or vague and like brushes me off...but when I mention logging off, he doesnt want me too, and when I say something about another guy..he gets kindaa mean!

I think I secretly have a crush on him or something?? He recently told me he kinda liked this other person...and OMG I was jealous!!!:blush:

Its not like I want to run off with him...but I dont want him to run off with anyone!!

What is going on here? Anybody have any ideas? any?

thanks!

Rogue

MBTI Type
ENFP
LOL... that is pretty accurate! But sometime I can't tell if he likes me ...at all! :)

TrueHeart

MBTI Type
INFP
LOL... that is pretty accurate! But sometime I can't tell if he likes me ...at all! :)
I think part of the situation is that you both (1) like to communicate indirectly and (2) are concerned about each other's feelings. That is, neither of you wants to hurt the other, you're not sure whether you might do so, and consequently being extra-cautious.

If you want to know if he likes you... ask him. :eek:

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
Sounds kind of possessive, dysfunctional and full of drama to me! I don't think it's someone I would want to be in any sort of romantic relationship with, but on some level, I think I can relate to how you feel. I mean, if you have a connection with someone, it's like "your" connection and don't want anything to upset that and vice-versa. It's kind of like romantic interest aside, it's still nice knowing you're a priority. Although, I don't know how much I would enjoy the constant verbal sparring... sounds tiresome... :)

Rogue

MBTI Type
ENFP
Well Rach...thats it right there...there is no possibility of romance...just the connection! But I don't know if he feels the vibe? And I have asked him but I never get a straight answer and if I push...he bails... and as for what we fight about...well, once we argued about the color of my hair!!!!

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
Why do you need to know if he feels the vibe? It seems he does have a connection with you or he wouldn't still be talking to you, especially since you fight a lot. If he was hating it, I definitely think he would have bailed by now. In my opinion, it doesn't sound like someone you want to get too attached to, but can be fun in the meantime. I've had friends like that. They're dangerously addictive!

Rogue

MBTI Type
ENFP
LOL Rach you are awesome! We just missed you in the chat room! :)

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
strong introverts tend to be somewhat stubborn when they feel strongly towards a cause, decision, idea, ect.