• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] What do NF's think of INTJ's?

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hey guys, I'm and INTJ, and I've always had an affinity with NF's. I find that they make the best close friends, and are the best girlfriends. Now, what do you guys think of INTJ's? In terms of their worth as a friend, how attractive/unattractive they are romantically, and just general thoughts. Now, try to forget the whole "narcissistic" INTJ stereotype, a lot of us are the opposite of narcissists, just the minority that are happen to be very vocal and obnoxious. This question is coming from and INTJ who, although fits right into the type, also loves talking about emotions with close friends and how/why they are feeling a certain way, along with helping them resolve problems etc. So, thoughts? Opinions? Be unfettered, as you probably know, INTJ's aren't the most sensitive type when it comes to criticism...

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
My best friend is an INTJ. He treats me with respect and speaks to me with honesty. We rarely talk about our feelings as neither one of us are good at it. We have talked about what a relief it is that we don't have to talk about it. Yet, he tells me, "I've got your back." And I have his. I love him, but I'm not romantically attracted to him. What we have feels more real than that. We will be lifelong friends. We understand where one another is coming from, even when it seems like thin air to those around us. We talk about the ideas we are passionate about. We share a love of martial arts and fine art. He collects it. I produce it. I write fiction. He writes nonfiction. I write music, he listens to it.

I think lovers are easy to come by, but a lifelong friend that really gets you and you really get him (or her), that's rare. I say that because I believe twenty years from now we will still be chilling out at tournaments and going for Chinese afterwards. We will still be sharing our insights and working together. He says it was "predestined," but of course, he's kidding around...sort of.

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My best friend is an INTJ. He treats me with respect and speaks to me with honesty. We rarely talk about our feelings as neither one of us are good at it. We have talked about what a relief it is that we don't have to talk about it. Yet, he tells me, "I've got your back." And I have his. I love him, but I'm not romantically attracted to him. What we have feels more real than that. We will be lifelong friends. We understand where one another is coming from, even when it seems like thin air to those around us. We talk about the ideas we are passionate about. We share a love of martial arts and fine art. He collects it. I produce it. I write fiction. He writes nonfiction. I write music, he listens to it.

I think lovers are easy to come by, but a lifelong friend that really gets you and you really get him (or her), that's rare. I say that because I believe twenty years from now we will still be chilling out at tournaments and going for Chinese afterwards. We will still be sharing our insights and working together. He says it was "predestined," but of course, he's kidding around...sort of.

Sounds like a good arrangement :) You guys sounds like one of the best friendship matches I've heard of! Good luck in the future XD And thanks for the insight.

Darlene

MBTI Type
INTJ
I like the rare INTJs I've met. They seem to be very sincere and honest. I as an INFJ admire and appreciate that. As a friend I think they are trustworthy beyond average. They won't gossip things you tell them about yourself. They seem to be warm inside to people they care about, despite the cold exterior.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
The enfp I'm chasing straight out called me arrogant. I'm fairly certain she has no knowledge of mbti, but she is very perceptive. She liked me a lot more when I showed my feelings, smiled, and was gentle, but I can't keep it up for too long, especially in public, I start feeling weak and even sick.

IDreamtIWasABee

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
It's fun being the devil and angel on their shoulder, since they never quite know in which guise we'll appear.

It's also the closest an INFP can get to funneling Fi through Ni. Not to reduce INTJs to surrogates, but that Ni funnel is bitchin' and ready.

Outrageousoreo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Never really befriended one. I probably met a really immature one. He was constantly bitchy and rarely tried to be helpful whatsoever so I never tried approaching him. Anyway, he looks like he hates my group xD. I am still open to meeting one and befriending them. They're pretty hard to find though. Haha but I am pretty hard to find too xP I spend most of my time at home.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think INTJs are really cool and we can connect over ni, one-track mind thing. I like the way that they discuss concepts and other matters. It is kind of a similar wavelength thing and we have quite a bit in common. They can be really funny people. The auxiliary does have a slight change on the lense we see the world though. We can also have interesting discussions once we both open up to each other. We can also help each other see things and situations from different angles. With a few fe PoLR INTJs, we haven't seen eye to eye but I do generally like them.

batteries included

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I don't like the INTJs that look VERY constipated. Other than that, they're good! They can be very insightful, if a bit, er, single-minded. I usually tell them "go take a dump" they come out, much more free-flowing and happy. My favorite "form" of INTJ...which lasts a grand total of maybe like 20 minutes. :D

Bilateral Entry

Internet User
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

Friend zone level 9000
Also, how is an infj not good with talking about feelings?

Bilateral Entry

Internet User
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I like the rare INTJs I've met. They seem to be very sincere and honest. I as an INFJ admire and appreciate that. As a friend I think they are trustworthy beyond average. They won't gossip things you tell them about yourself. They seem to be warm inside to people they care about, despite the cold exterior.

Some grill at work keeps telling me about her infidelities, and apparently she doesn't tell anyone else about it. Perhaps I am trustworthy, but her story isn't even interesting enough that I would even be interested in sharing it. So she's having an emotional affair. Whoop-dee-doo.

Bilateral Entry

Internet User
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't like the INTJs that look VERY constipated. Other than that, they're good! They can be very insightful, if a bit, er, single-minded. I usually tell them "go take a dump" they come out, much more free-flowing and happy. My favorite "form" of INTJ...which lasts a grand total of maybe like 20 minutes. :D

I have irritable bowels, so sometimes I am actually constipated.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
INTJs are okay as long as they don't force their more cynical opinions on me.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Arrogant, cocky, know-it-all, pretentious fucks, fascinating assholes, tenacious cunts, don't give a shit about your newborn baby, they really don't need some love, obviously megalomanical, dense neuropathics, and will fuck you up if you step out of your boundaries. Good Samaritans when they feel like it. Better pricks though.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It really highly depends. Generally speaking I do get along / can keep up with / like the Ji-Ne workings itself.
Their personalities (which vary), are a different story. Some yes, some just ok, but I do not absolutely not get along with INTJs.

A commonality however; they usually are insightful. That's all I can say for sure about INTJs in general.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I overall find INTJs to be a very interesting group. Of course my opinion varies from individual to individual, but I generally am fascinated by them.

The young ones tend to be insufferable, though I’m sure the same can be said of every type when they’re still struggling to find equilibrium. The ones who have tempered their arrogance with humility and developed their particular brand of empathy are a pleasure to know (pretty sure I’m dating one). The understated and intelligent sense of humor (not sure what happened with Sacrophagus in regards to the understated part :D) is also endearing.

TL;DR When younger, leave them to grow. Maybe connect with them in their mid 20’s and on. ;)

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Depends on their tritype, honestly. I can enjoy the E4, E5, and E8, though the last one depends on how good they can reign in their anger issues. E3 ones are tricky to work with. E1 are meh.
E6 would cause me too much anxiety on top of my own E6. If I ever meet an INTJ E2, E7, or an E9, I'll let you know how that ends.

Serpent

Obnoxious. Direct. Abstract humor. Honest. Authentic. The good outweighs the bad is my perception.
Condition - if we ever divorce I may change my opinion ;)