• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF's be honest, are you a sissy?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm a sissy when it comes to people hurting my feelings, not a sissy in the normal sense of the word.

I'm learning to grow with it but it will probably always be a struggle.

penelope

MBTI Type
INxJ
Nah, definitely not. I've probably got the hardest shell of anyone I know.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
In principle, I see the argument. But who defines what is and isn't a "rush" to disclose? Who is to say what is "too much, too soon"?

My argument is that men have no say in this. And for those of us who naturally self-disclose, and who are naturally receptive to the self-disclosure of others (as INFJs are), this is a real problem, because we wind up untrusted, when we don't deserve it.

On the odd chance that you haven't truly left as you said you were going to, Archangel, I'm wondering if you think you may have disclosed too much too soon and then withdrew. . .

A learning experience? ;)

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I think there's always an underlying sense of vulnerability in me, but outwardly, I'm pretty tough

Paisley

Strolling Through The Shire
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Am I genuinely mean? No.

Am I aggressive? Very. I play a rough hockey game, although, able to get away with bullshit others wouldn't get away with. Socially, I call concepts and ideas stupid, that basically tears a person down rather than the concept, and get away with it, unlike anyone else I know. A verbal bully.

Do I go around looking for trouble? No.

Do I fight? Never.

Do I argue? ...I like to call it a heated discussion....but yes, and always.

Am I a sissy in that I don't have an overly manly persona? Yes. I clearly and most certainly do not have a bravado, at least not that I'm aware of. If I started to act like something I'm not, I'd start laughing at myself, and I'm often surprised bravado works on women, because it's like believing a lie or a false front, and I would think women would see through it. I guess the person who says you're a sissy because you're an NF, is looked upon as an idiot by the NF's, because of a quiet power some of us NF's have in controlling and leading you without you knowing it. This sissy question, is really about power and exacting ones will over another, and like I said, in that sense, I am by no means a push over or a sissy, and have no problems telling an over bearing idiot to F off.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Somethings, yes, and some things I have done, I know, other people wouldn't even contemplate out of fear.
There's different shades of bravery out there.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
I am easily brought to tears. Movies, even commercials sometimes can make me bawl like a baby. I find that my willingness to cry openly about things can be perceived as sissy behaviour. I am also, without a doubt, the bravest person in my house.

Brooke

MBTI Type
infj
See, I wouldn't say I'm a sissy. I mean, I go out of my way not to piss other people off. I'm too polite, I rarely say no, and I constantly feel like I'm responsible for keeping other people's view of the world nice and shiny.

That said, screw with my family or my pets and there WILL be a throw down. And I WILL win. :) There's a running joke in my family not to be mean to my pets if you value your life.

Also, I'm highly competitive. I don't know what it is, but sports, poker, even video games make me a little nuts. Failure is not an option. I think it might be a bad thing. *frowns*

IrishStallion819

MBTI Type
INFJ
I guess its all depends on someones perception of whats a "sissy". Personally, I"m A Guy that cares about women and people as a whole and I don't care what people say about that. I don't care if your an ESTJ or an INFP; If something your doing is affecting another person, i'll let you know about it.. Offcourse in a polite way.. I'll stick to my guns and stand up for any injustice, no matter what that odds are. I'm not one who is intimidated by the often "arrogant" and "Egosistical" Guy. Especially, if I see him making moves on a girl and it is clearly not appreciated. As some have already said, We don't conform to the way society goes and have morals and stick to them. No matter how much peer pressure, we have a strong conscious and believe in doing whats right. I may be passive aggressive, due to my respect for people and my introvertedness but i'm certainly no pansie of a guy. I love the this land and the laws that were created in governing it (the Consitution) and I"m willing to die for my rights. Being an NF Male in todays society, poses its challenges in terms of fighting of the "Sissy" Title. But every challenge, is an opportunity to persevere and build character. My whole life i've been delt cards that have been a disadvantage, in living in this world. From my personality, to disabilities given at birth... I"ve always been a fighter and will always remain so. I'm one determined and disciplined individual. I'm an avid hunter and fisherman, who know how to live off the land and is not dependant on the supermarket. I love to take care of others and make sure their needs are met before mine.. hahah, PLus i don't think many people want to mess someone, who can get inside their head and know their intentions.. IN my opinion, a sissy is someone who manipulates other people and think they can treat people anyway they want to. SOmeone whos a coward in opening up what they truly mean by what they say and is scared to show who they really are. Someone who always has to show off, to gain a certain group or persons approval. Plus, Most NF are public speakers and most people would rather die than do public speaking.... True strength is based on ones heart and integrity..

I don't care how many near death experiences you've encountered, from being extremely ambitious. I don't care about how many people can vouch for your exterior toughness. If you lack a tender heart, you lack the true strength of a person. That especially goes for the Males..

silverchris9

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yep. I'm a sissy. I confess. But it's not my fault. I live in Texas, so everything that isn't sissy has to do with a ball. And anything having to do with a ball exposes my complete and utter lack of S (COMPLETE and UTTER). Since I generally avoid things that I suck at like the plague, I've done "sissy" things my whole life. I do also tend to avoid confrontation, unless it's absolutely necessary and I'm certain that I'm in the right, in which case (thus far primarily theoretical) things are interesting.

Paisley

Strolling Through The Shire
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Since it's been asked, here's the definition of a sissy:

sissy definition | Dictionary.com

Sissy: 1. an effeminate boy or man.
2. a timid or cowardly person.

effeminate definition | Dictionary.com

Effeminate: 1. Having some characteristic of a woman, as delicacy, luxuriousness, etc.; soft or delicate to an unmanly degree; womanish; weak.

So a guy who looks like a girl and does stereotypically womanly things. Part looks, part stereotype/sexism. We should be talking about sexism and the political correctness of using the word "sissy". It is a 'slight' on women. Come on girls, you're often badass and tough. Next, a discussion on the roles of men and roles of women, and the gaping lack of difference in the modern industrialized world. If anyone here watched Battlestar Galactica, they'd resonate. Come on, who is the harbinger of death? Really? Who? I know, that's for sure, and it's not a GUY!!!! The term "sissy" only applies to guys who physically "look like" or "personify" girls, as the psychological reason has no bearing beyond a 19th century archetype.

We can boil this argument down to what personifies a man, and "Who looks like more of an idiot" and "to who". If us NF's are timid and cowardly, then that has little to do with our NF, as every types uses their feelings differently, ie, the INFJ uses secondary Fe, and the INFP has a dominant Fi, and the ESTP has a tertiary Fe, but those funcations can not summate, "ferocity and confidence". (As oppossed to sissyness). ST's can be just as timid and cowardly, especially in some of their weaknesses like their inability to admit defeat or failure, and stupidity in not moving on. It's the view of what is definitively manly. The INFJ and the ESTP, would look at each other, and laugh, both thinking inside, "that's not what men should do".

INFJ Relationships
ESTP Relationships

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
paisley1, you rock.

And, I am no freaking sissy. I can take a punch like any guy thank you very much.
Am I girly? heck yeah! I'm a chick!

also, I think the term sissy was used to mean a weak or cowardly person. Which as far as I know is a rather recent steriotype anyway or there wouldn't be stories like Deborah, Moses' wife (darn, forgot her name), Esther, Ruth...aquila and priscilla...Joan of arc...others I can't think of...