• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF's be honest, are you a sissy?

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Yep I'm nice but I'm not a sissy. In fact if people use snide remarks on me, I can usually cut through them with something snider if they piss me off enough but you really have to go far to get me to be real nasty but I can be. It usually terrifies people when I'm like that cause it's rare so they tiptoe around me for days ha ha.

Same here;)

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
This thread was nothing more than a massive NF circlejerk and it is us of the other tempermants that has to deal with and eat the limp bizkit in the end.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Usually,if feel morally or legally entitled to something I'll die before giving up. This has caused me all kinds of trouble the past two decades. Fights, arguments, being sent to the principal's office due to problems with authority etc...

That being said, I find it hard to hurt other people when I don't really feel entitled to something. Unless I'm joking, which is quite often.

dee

MBTI Type
Enfj
Enneagram
2+1
I am anything but a sissy! For example; I jumped off a high cliff into a natural river, swam in the jelly-fish infested oceans at night alone a few times (very far from the coast, may I add), and have swam in rivers with extremely low temperatures with friends, and enjoyed it!
Oh, and even though I'm such a goodie goodie, when it comes to people trying to push me or others around and it's not justified..I will go all the way to make my point.... and speak my mind. (Got thrown out of school before because of this and started an entire collapse of the school, because of an injustice..) When everyone else is scared literally to open their mouth, if I am there I will not let those people get away with it!!!
Don't let my social mannerisms fool you, I'm really a bad-a**!
P.S- Soon I'm getting a hand-gun.
Does that answer your question? ;)

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I am anything but a sissy! For example; I jumped off a high cliff into a natural river, swam in the jelly-fish infested oceans at night alone a few times (very far from the coast, may I add), and have swam in rivers with extremely low temperatures with friends, and enjoyed it!
Oh, and even though I'm such a goodie goodie, when it comes to people trying to push me or others around and it's not justified..I will go all the way to make my point.... and speak my mind. (Got thrown out of school before because of this and started an entire collapse of the school, because of an injustice..) When everyone else is scared literally to open their mouth, if I am there I will not let those people get away with it!!!
Don't let my social mannerisms fool you, I'm really a bad-a**!
P.S- Soon I'm getting a hand-gun.
Does that answer your question? ;)

This is exactly what I was referring to in my comment about the circle jerk.

J/k

ArchAngel

MBTI Type
INFJ
My issue is with what women and society label "sissy" --- it seems that it depends almost entirely on the order in which one presents one's traits to a female. If a man demonstrates a lot of openness, self-disclosure, eagerness to please, etc early on in the interaction, these things are interpreted as a huge deficit in strength and self-confidence, whether or not they actually are; however, if a man fails to demonstrate these traits several months into the relationship, the opposite is assumed. It's all a matter of timing, with women ...

dee

MBTI Type
Enfj
Enneagram
2+1
sorry, I was screwing around and just trying to be funny/rude

no prob, I'm getting the gun remember? :newwink:

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
My issue is with what women and society label "sissy" --- it seems that it depends almost entirely on the order in which one presents one's traits to a female. If a man demonstrates a lot of openness, self-disclosure, eagerness to please, etc early on in the interaction, these things are interpreted as a huge deficit in strength and self-confidence, whether or not they actually are; however, if a man fails to demonstrate these traits several months into the relationship, the opposite is assumed. It's all a matter of timing, with women ...

This would be true for undeveloped types, I think. Actually I view the rare ability of a male to be open relatively early in a relationship to be a sign of self-confidence and personal growth.

And it's all a matter of timing for either males or females. Even, and maybe especially, in developed types timing of how much/how soon is an indicator of healthy maturity.

ArchAngel

MBTI Type
INFJ
This would be true for undeveloped types, I think. Actually I view the rare ability of a male to be open relatively early in a relationship to be a sign of self-confidence and personal growth.

And it's all a matter of timing for either males or females. Even, and maybe especially, in developed types timing of how much/how soon is an indicator of healthy maturity.

The point is well-taken that these timing issues lead to both male and female error in evaluating a potential mate. Re the traditional mating sequence, the female tends to require adherence to a "pre-screening" pattern in the space of time between meeting and dating ("What did I say?"), and the male tends to do so once dating has commenced ("Why doesn't he call me?") ...

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I think the rush to early self-disclosure is one of the reasons that a lack of trust arises in an individual.

We expose too much too soon and then get hurt, feel vulnerable. Then we withdraw.

ArchAngel

MBTI Type
INFJ
I think the rush to early self-disclosure is one of the reasons that a lack of trust arises in an individual.

We expose too much too soon and then get hurt, feel vulnerable. Then we withdraw.

In principle, I see the argument. But who defines what is and isn't a "rush" to disclose? Who is to say what is "too much, too soon"?

My argument is that men have no say in this. And for those of us who naturally self-disclose, and who are naturally receptive to the self-disclosure of others (as INFJs are), this is a real problem, because we wind up untrusted, when we don't deserve it.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
...not a sissy.

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
honestly, this is up ther with the silliest threads of all times.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
honestly, this is up ther with the silliest threads of all times.

you mean up there w/that thread that asked ppl to define what a "man" is?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
depends on the objective.