• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] Ask an ENFJ

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I agree with Protege that TPs are attractive for a while, they can be really fun, and funny guy is really attractive in my opinion, but as soon as I get to know them, I find them really hard to communicate with..
My basic need in a man is to be someone considerate, I can open up to and talk about things without being emotionally dismissed, and also to be someone I can depend on and take his obligations as much serious as I do, and those are traits I mostly find in FJs, but they're not necessarily willing to commit, however I don't waste my time on someone who isn't, though I won't deny that I enjoyed playing the game back from time to time lol..
INFPs are fine, but it didn't happen that I was attracted to any of them, there were some INFPs who tried so hard to date me and were stalking me around and my friends were making jokes about it.. I'm sorry I couldn't be interested

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with Protege that TPs are attractive for a while, they can be really fun, and funny guy is really attractive in my opinion, but as soon as I get to know them, I find them really hard to communicate with..
My basic need in a man is to be someone considerate, I can open up to and talk about things without being emotionally dismissed, and also to be someone I can depend on and take his obligations as much serious as I do, and those are traits I mostly find in FJs, but they're not necessarily willing to commit, however I don't waste my time on someone who isn't, though I won't deny that I enjoyed playing the game back from time to time lol..
INFPs are fine, but it didn't happen that I was attracted to any of them, there were some INFPs who tried so hard to date me and were stalking me around and my friends were making jokes about it.. I'm sorry I couldn't be interested

I seem strangely attracted to EFJ males in real life, but I don't like the idea of constantly fighting over different Fe standards and them trying to guide me to be a better, improved version of myself... That gets old quite fast... from my experience.

As long as they don't see you as a project or feel the need to be a savior, it could be a fun match. A IFJ partner could be interesting.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I seem strangely attracted to EFJ males in real life, but I don't like the idea of constantly fighting over different Fe standards and them trying to guide me to be a better, improved version of myself... That gets old quite fast... from my experience.

As long as they don't see you as a project or feel the need to be a savior, it could be a fun match. A IFJ partner could be interesting.

Or they can be extreme manipulators like the only ENFJ I've ever known (I meant outside the forum)

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ah.. ENFJs:wubbie:

Why are you attracted to INFPs? I've gotten some answers from two different ENFJs but want to know more..

Lloyd

Ain Soph Aur
MBTI Type
INFP
Instinctual Variant
sx
Do you like to make jokes? Also, would you describe yourself as grumpy or grouchy?

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you like to make jokes? Also, would you describe yourself as grumpy or grouchy?

I try to make jokes only when it's the suitable time and place for one, but I generally LOVE to make people laugh or enjoy their time..
I'd better describe myself as quick tempered rather than grumpy or grouchy

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Supposedly, an ENFJ identity relationship is one of the few identity relationships that seems to work well. Only another ENFJ can truly understand the emotional intensity, extreme desire for intimacy, and basic instability of an ENFJ. Never tried it myself. I have an old ENFJ friend and an old ENFJ teacher, both of whom I adore, but I have never been romantically involved with another person of my type.

I would warn you away from IxFj, however. Anybody who leads with Fi will have your beautiful and powerful Fe as their ignoring function. They can't tell when they're doing it, and they don't appreciate (or even recognize) when you're doing it--and it's your greatest strength. It seems like such a waste for a beautiful ENFJ to be paired with someone who can't appreciate what you do best.

For what that's worth. :shrug:

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Supposedly, an ENFJ identity relationship is one of the few identity relationships that seems to work well. Only another ENFJ can truly understand the emotional intensity, extreme desire for intimacy, and basic instability of an ENFJ. Never tried it myself. I have an old ENFJ friend and an old ENFJ teacher, both of whom I adore, but I have never been romantically involved with another person of my type.

I would warn you away from IxFj, however. Anybody who leads with Fi will have your beautiful and powerful Fe as their ignoring function. They can't tell when they're doing it, and they don't appreciate (or even recognize) when you're doing it--and it's your greatest strength. It's a waste of a beautiful ENFJ to be paired with someone who can't appreciate what you do best.

For what that's worth. :shrug:

To be honest, an ENFJ male would terrify me in a romantic relationship, because the one I know is a really good-looking (probably at least a 8.5 to most people) wordsmith who has women swooning around him all the time. People, for the most part, just get enamored with him and his depth and words. We're incredibly close and we have some of the deepest conversations with each other but I think he's full of BS sometimes and I emotionally hold back from him. It's a fun little cat and mouse game because I argue with him instead of taking him for his word. In fact, the energy that you and [MENTION=25377]SearchingforPeace[/MENTION] give off remind me a lot of him.

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To be honest, an ENFJ male would terrify me in a romantic relationship, because the one I know is a really good-looking (probably at least a 8.5 to most people) wordsmith who has women swooning around him all the time. People, for the most part, just get enamored with him and his depth and words. We're incredibly close and we have some of the deepest conversations with each other but I think he's full of BS sometimes and I emotionally hold back from him. It's a fun little cat and mouse game because I argue with him instead of taking him for his word. In fact, the energy that you and [MENTION=25377]SearchingforPeace[/MENTION] give off remind me a lot of him.

That makes perfect sense. As I said, I've never tried this kind of identity relationship. Frankly, I've only had three romantic relationships that I'd call "real" in my life, as I seek long-term commitments, but supposedly this one (ENFj/ENFj) works. Would anyone with some experience with this pairing like to chime in, here?

At least one of my "real" romantic relationships, however, has been with an IxFj, and I can confidently say that this pairing was not particularly rewarding for either of us.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That makes perfect sense. As I said, I've never tried this kind of identity relationship. Frankly, I've only had three romantic relationships that I'd call "real" in my life, as I seek long-term commitments, but supposedly this one (ENFj/ENFj) works. Would anyone with some experience with this pairing like to chime in, here?

At least one of my "real" romantic relationships, however, has been with an IxFj, and I can confidently say that this pairing was not particularly rewarding for either of us.

Ha. You would probably never get bored. It would be like a state of ultimate utopia or the beginnings of WWIII. :) Maybe more quiet, patient ENFJ would pair well with a high-energy, emotionally intense one. I am of the latter variety. Like I only truly relate to some of what you say most of the time.

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ha. You would probably never get bored. It would be like a state of ultimate utopia or the beginnings of WWIII. :) Maybe more quiet, patient ENFJ would pair well with a high-energy, emotionally intense one. I am of the latter variety. Like I only truly relate to some of what you say most of the time.

I was just imagining attending a party with another ENFj show-off like me. We'd have to split the group with each of us sharing, and somewhat dominating, conversation in our separate spheres--either that, or the two ENFJs would bicker/tease one another (at length) and serve as the principal entertainment for the whole crowd. LOL.

Honestly, at parties I often isolate myself for short periods just so that I don't dominate too much. Other people need time to talk as well.

I agree that there's a definite distinction between an Fe-EIE and an Ni-EIE. I also agree with you when you suggest that the combo above should work better than a pairing of two Fe-EIEs.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Damn, I used to think I was unique, but I keep finding doppelgangers in the world.

My ENFP friend says her marriage with he ENFJ ex was great except she felt completely smoothered and her Fi overwhelmed....

I, for one, have never dated a FJ. I feared overwhelming others with my strong personality when I was younger, as I had plenty of times I got others to do my will, often with no effort on my behalf and it really bothered me. I didn't want to be a master manipulator like my brother. I felt I needed someone stubborn and strong willed, which I got in spades with my wife.

I really enjoy my interactions with NFJs today and believe it would work for me now. The Fe unity thing would be nice, I feel. Oh, well....

I really don't do socionics so I can't comment on that stuff.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Damn, I used to think I was unique, but I keep finding doppelgangers in the world.

My ENFP friend says her marriage with he ENFJ ex was great except she felt completely smoothered and her Fi overwhelmed....

I, for one, have never dated a FJ. I feared overwhelming others with my strong personality when I was younger, as I had plenty of times I got others to do my will, often with no effort on my behalf and it really bothered me. I didn't want to be a master manipulator like my brother. I felt I needed someone stubborn and strong willed, which I got in spades with my wife.

I really enjoy my interactions with NFJs today and believe it would work for me now. The Fe unity thing would be nice, I feel. Oh, well....

I really don't do socionics so I can't comment on that stuff.

Ha. Not even close to doppelgangers... Different values and such but the energy and interaction style would probably be similar.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my friend and enjoy other EXFJs, I tend to feed off the intensity, both good and bad, of other Fe dominants and will crash and burn quicker with them. I would personally eventually feel emotionally unstable because of the ongoing intensity. I wouldn't completely write off the possibility for myself...I would just be hesitant of the outcome.

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wouldn't completely write off the possibility for myself...I would just be hesitant of the outcome.

Just noting a remarkably clear example of Dialectical-Algorithmic cognition.

Gulenko on Dialectical-Algorithmic Cognition (EIE, ILI, LSE, SEI)

Its advantages are obvious: it is the most subtle and flexible style. It can easily switch to an opposite direction, and possesses predictive ability, accompanied by an effective type of associative memory.
The disadvantages in Dialectical-Algorithmic cognition include instability and uncertainty. Algorithmics suffer from difficulty in making choices and embracing unambiguous decisions.

Socionics - the16types.info - Forms of Cognition by Victor Gulenko

Open-mindedness coupled with indecisiveness flowing from Ni fears of making a bad decision? That's Dialectical-Algorithmic cognition as it manifests in EIE (ENFj).

Off-topic, perhaps, but very illustrative.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
ENFJ opinions of the xNTP types?

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION][/MENTION]

The ENFJ that I knew was EXTREMELY good looking and ladies where around him and I watched him enjoy manipulating them, I was maybe an equal interest for the guys and he tried to talk to me for a while or grap my attention multiple times but then he cut it off, he was behaving weird in my presence, I don't know if he was kind of intimidated by me or he thought of me as a challenge that he wanted to win, anyway instead of doing what he's doing to other ladies, he withdraw himself and started playing games from a distance and just enjoyed giving me mixed signs, but that didn't get anywhere.
I think I agree with what [MENTION=26269]Kheledon[/MENTION] said about the ENFJ-ENFJ relationship

I was just imagining attending a party with another ENFj show-off like me. We'd have to split the group with each of us sharing, and somewhat dominating, conversation in our separate spheres--either that, or the two ENFJs would bicker/tease one another (at length) and serve as the principal entertainment for the whole crowd. LOL.
I'm at a party, I don't need to be with my spouse all the time, we can see each other at home so what's the big deal, besides I let my man shine on, get as much attention as he can and just be one of his audience I don't have any problem with that at all :D
Honestly, at parties I often isolate myself for short periods just so that I don't dominate too much. Other people need time to talk as well.
I was in a wedding yesterday and I have a throat infection, but people wouldn't leave me alone lol..
I don't feel like I dominate, I just feel I'm creating a positive energy then I withdraw myself for a while then get back, just on and off modes (I don't enjoy getting too much attention it makes me uncomfortable)

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFJ opinions of the xNTP types?

Ha, in truth, I tend to either find them annoying or fascinating... I could see myself easily falling for one if I let him in emotionally. In other contexts, I find them highly amusing.