• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] JK Rowling has self-typed as INFJ

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
J.K. Rowling's Silkworm is well woven

Just thought I'd let you all know since she's commonly referred to as INFP. Apparently her other Robert Galbraith book Casual Vacancy is about the class system in the UK + more evidently an INFJ work

blahblahbob

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I believe her. The "muggles vs. wizards" thing never sat well with me. Too much othering for the work of your prototypical INFP.

haters_gonna_hate.jpg

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If she is the same type as me, maybe now I'll finish reading her books.

blahblahbob

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
If she is the same type as me, maybe now I'll finish reading her books.

You can start your own clique on tumblr and create an echo-chamber where you talk about how evil all the muggles and slytherins are

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Isn't she usually typed as INFJ? She's actually a pretty clear example. Way cool to know that she knows she is :D

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I wonder if she is lurking on the forums :alttongue:

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder if she is lurking on the forums :alttongue:

haha i bet she came across celebritytypes and was like 'oh no, they typed me wrong! i gotta set people straight about this in a subtle, inoffensive way'

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For another fantasy writer, Terry Brooks (the guy who does all the Shannara books) seems pretty INFP.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You can start your own clique on tumblr and create an echo-chamber where you talk about how evil all the muggles and slytherins are

.. Or not.

KML

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
She has the vibe of an INFJ to be sure. More serious than an INFP imo. Slightly distanced ... some sites call it 'mystical' ... I'm an INFP (I think) and am much more accessible, perhaps because of dominant Fi, so feelings show on the face?

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
She has the vibe of an INFJ to be sure. More serious than an INFP imo. Slightly distanced ... some sites call it 'mystical' ... I'm an INFP (I think) and am much more accessible, perhaps because of dominant Fi, so feelings show on the face?

I don't know if Fi doms show their feelings through their face.. or if that is an Fe thing..

Are INFJs more serious than INFPs?

Do you have it backwards?

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fi-ers make lots of facial expressions! Good point [MENTION=23754]KML[/MENTION].

Whereas I am pretty controlled with my facial expressions because I like to keep my interpretations more inside, enabling me to be more sharp with my Fe; I am aware that facial expressions can turn people off, hurt feelings, or give them more info than I want them to have. I try to be more poker faced, but this is a learned and largely subconscious motivation. OTOH, I am also aware of how a big smile can electrify people, and make them feel at ease. I guess what I'm saying is facial expressions are a great tool of Fe...

In fact, this is a very interesting concept overall: that of how Fi and Fe express themselves in expressions.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Might be because I am older. And so many people have commented to me over the years how 'stern' I look when I don't smile, and how beautiful my smile is. Meaning, there is a huge difference in my face when I smile and when I don't. Though inside I always feel the same, of course.

So, over the years I have come to an understanding of my facial expressions, as I have gotten feedback from others. Then I automatically began including it in my bag of tricks in relating to people, so to speak. :)

Susurrus

Are INFJs more serious than INFPs?

Probably outwardly INFJs may appear more serious, but more lighthearted inwardly. On the other hand, INFPs may take themselves more seriously considering that they have an inner judging function while outwardly appearing more relaxed.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Might be because I am older. And so many people have commented to me over the years how 'stern' I look when I don't smile, and how beautiful my smile is. Meaning, there is a huge difference in my face when I smile and when I don't. Though inside I always feel the same, of course.

So, over the years I have come to an understanding of my facial expressions, as I have gotten feedback from others. Then I automatically began including it in my bag of tricks in relating to people, so to speak. :)

Ooh I wonder if we are the same type.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ooh I wonder if we are the same type.

Looks like we are. :smile: Though e 5 and e 7 are going to present differently. But we are both sx dom which means we'd probably really hit it off.