• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP Moments

Nansense

MBTI Type
ENFP
My first post! :hi:

My ENFP moments have been when people have said things to me like the following:

- You're too enthusiastic. It makes you appear immature. Stop it.

- You're so quiet, then when you finally open your mouth, it's something funny/shocking/surprising (I've gotten this one a lot).

- All the dogs/cats/children love you/are drawn to you. :wubbie:

- You need to learn that everybody doesn't need to hear your ideas and opinions (said to me on a couple of occasions by employers who were passing me over for a promotion). :doh:

- Shut up. :cry:

- You're careless/inconsiderate/selfish/mean. :cry:

- You're too weak for love.

- You just want to make yourself the big hit.

- You're very lovable.

- You have incredible people skills.

- You're so detail oriented.

- You know the words to every song written since 1920!

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
OMG this stuff is so true! most of it anyways. here are a few of my own. there will probably be some overlaps but who care right?

- some people think i'm immature. i hate that. i'm childish, not immature. there's a big difference.

- i tell myself i'll be organized all the time too :D.

- i always find myself playing on the cpu while trying to study at the same time. i like to peek at the TV and see what people are watching too.

- some people call me an attention whore.

- some people say it's great how i don't care what other people think.

- i get sidetracked by babies too :p

- i learn so much better when i'm talking with people in a group.

- my life works in stages of obsessions. once i find a new one i forget about the old one and move on.

- whenever i think i like someone, i idealize and make them 'the best ever'. it could turn out that i don't get along with that person very well at all, but in my mind we would have 'so much in common'. i'll also tell myself that 'she just needs time' and "if she just let go of all the baggage and be herself we'll be perfect for each other".

fun being an ENFP huh? :smile:

Nansense

MBTI Type
ENFP
You're so right! I've gotten that one, too, that I'm like a little kid. We're childlike, not immature!

It's also interesting how some of the things we hear are contradictory. For example, in addition to being told I'm great with people, I've also been told that I have no social skills!

Sometimes I'm told I can't focus (and I also feel that I can't), but once I get focused, I get REALLY focused. Once I decided to develop my detail skills, I became better-than-average at them. Although Sensing is my inferior function, I now notice details that other people do not.

I also think it says a lot about some other types that they would actually SAY hurtful things like this to a person! :huh:

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
My first post! :hi:

My ENFP moments have been when people have said things to me like the following:

- You're too enthusiastic. It makes you appear immature. Stop it.

- You're so quiet, then when you finally open your mouth, it's something funny/shocking/surprising (I've gotten this one a lot).

- All the dogs/cats/children love you/are drawn to you. :wubbie:

- You need to learn that everybody doesn't need to hear your ideas and opinions (said to me on a couple of occasions by employers who were passing me over for a promotion). :doh:

- Shut up. :cry:

- You're careless/inconsiderate/selfish/mean. :cry:

- You're too weak for love.

- You just want to make yourself the big hit.

- You're very lovable.

- You have incredible people skills.

- You're so detail oriented.

- You know the words to every song written since 1920!

My sister is an enfp, she talks...a lot.:blush: about a lot of random stuff, she hugs me 24/7, she's lovable everyone loves my sister. I do think she's selfish, not mean. Wow, almost every single fact you've mentioned is true about her..:nice:

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
You're so right! I've gotten that one, too, that I'm like a little kid. We're childlike, not immature!

It's also interesting how some of the things we hear are contradictory. For example, in addition to being told I'm great with people, I've also been told that I have no social skills!

Sometimes I'm told I can't focus (and I also feel that I can't), but once I get focused, I get REALLY focused. Once I decided to develop my detail skills, I became better-than-average at them. Although Sensing is my inferior function, I now notice details that other people do not.

I also think it says a lot about some other types that they would actually SAY hurtful things like this to a person! :huh:

the focus thing is a really ENFP thing. that's why i said i love between obsessions. it's annoying too a lot of times because i often go 'why didn't i do this sooner?'. it's eve worse when it's something like an essay that i end up enjoying writing because that's fulfilling as well as good for my grades.

about the details stuff? it's kinda ironic, but i find myself noticing a lot of details that other people don't. i think that actually is mentioned in some ENFP analysis too. when my group of friends are watching movies, they sometimes watch it again and say stuff like 'i didn't realize what was going on in the background the last time' or 'every time i watch it i find something new'. that never happens to me, i see those things the first time. i just don't like indulging on details when the bigger picture's so much more important. i don't like narrowing myself down to just a series of details, that's somewhat shallow imo. doesn't mean i don't notice them though.

o and about the hugs? i hug everyone all the time too :D

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
After reading this thread I have wieghed all the pros and cons of my ENFP personality, and I still wouldn't want to be anything else :D I <3 me.

My sister is also an ENFP. I think my daughter is one as well. She is my exact carbon copy of me as a child. Get this... her fav Disney princess...The Little Mermaid! lol. (That was random)

I've never considered myself weird. I think it's weird that other ENFPs do though.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
After reading this thread I have wieghed all the pros and cons of my ENFP personality, and I still wouldn't want to be anything else :D I <3 me.

My sister is also an ENFP. I think my daughter is one as well. She is my exact carbon copy of me as a child. Get this... her fav Disney princess...The Little Mermaid! lol. (That was random)

I've never considered myself weird. I think it's weird that other ENFPs do though.

ariel's an ENFP :D. not that i would know. it's not like i have kinky mermaid princess fantasies.

i consider myself weird too, but i take a lot of pride in it. what people call 'weird' just means 'does not do what mainstream society conforms to', and i love that.

Nansense

MBTI Type
ENFP

You're an inspiration! I'm not quite as far along on my journey of embracing myself as an ENFP. In fact, I almost posted on the pity party thread before here...but I ultimately deleted what I was going to post. I really was having a pity party today, literally in tears about how "hard it is" to be an ENFP. But in the end, I just saved the text instead of posting it. It was just too maudlin. (Over the years I've learned better than to write on the Internet on certain days of the month. Posting UIH? Under the Influence of Hormones? :D ) I want to reach the point where I can say I wouldn't want to be anything else. Not quite there yet.

Gee, I don't think you're weird at all!

VanillaCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
I get told I'm bipolar all the time. My mind just changes with the new ideas and information presented to me! That's all :D

I hugged a guy I met on the train after talking for like 10 minutes.

I get obsessed with things, like vampires, Brad Pitt, Christian Bale, The Beatles, Nine Inch Nails, and then find a new thing to be obsessed with! I seriously listened to The Beatles for like, 2 months straight. That's ALL I would listen to. Now I'm only listening to Nine Inch Nails... Have been for the past month.

RiderOnTheStorm

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i consider myself weird too, but i take a lot of pride in it. what people call 'weird' just means 'does not do what mainstream society conforms to', and i love that.

Exactly! Not weird though. Uniquely me ^^

RiderOnTheStorm

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're an inspiration! I'm not quite as far along on my journey of embracing myself as an ENFP. In fact, I almost posted on the pity party thread before here...but I ultimately deleted what I was going to post. I really was having a pity party today, literally in tears about how "hard it is" to be an ENFP. But in the end, I just saved the text instead of posting it. It was just too maudlin. (Over the years I've learned better than to write on the Internet on certain days of the month. Posting UIH? Under the Influence of Hormones? :D ) I want to reach the point where I can say I wouldn't want to be anything else. Not quite there yet.

Gee, I don't think you're weird at all!

awww <3 Thanks hun. :hug:

Before I knew I was an "ENFP" (Honestly I don't like labels of any sort, BUT the ENFP description is accurate for the most part) I tried not to categorize myself into what people think I should be. Who cares. You like me, or you don't. Though I hate to be judged. I've learned you can't make everyone happy. Try as we might. I always try to understand where others are coming from and what events in their life made them like they are. Not passing any judgments. The only I wish there were more people who understood this concept. Only exception there being if the person was an ass to me from the start for no apparent reason.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm bragging about myself...xntp's >_> lol. Just trying to pass on the good will.

Peace, love and happiness yo!

Also, I feel your pain. I hate when aunt Flow visits every month. She's a bitch!

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
I get told I'm bipolar all the time. My mind just changes with the new ideas and information presented to me! That's all :D

I hugged a guy I met on the train after talking for like 10 minutes.

I get obsessed with things, like vampires, Brad Pitt, Christian Bale, The Beatles, Nine Inch Nails, and then find a new thing to be obsessed with! I seriously listened to The Beatles for like, 2 months straight. That's ALL I would listen to. Now I'm only listening to Nine Inch Nails... Have been for the past month.

That is because NIN is badass. I like it because of their primordial lyrics and meanings, plus the overall acoustics are amazing. Anything that can make me "feel" something attracts me, and NIN does that very well.

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP

I do that! I suspect it's a tertiary Te thing, actually, but that super-hyper intense concentration is so very very useful when finishing last-minute projects!

- my life works in stages of obsessions. once i find a new one i forget about the old one and move on.

Yes, yes and yes. :) MBTI is my current (and oddly lasting) one.

I came into work one morning to find a slide on my microscope with the tumor circled only half way. Evidently, I got distracted the day before and couldn't finish drawing the extra 2 cm (circumference) to finish the fu$&in' circle.

Haha, yep, I do that too - I will be writing something (like a post on here, or something), and then all of a sudden it'll be an hour later and I'll realise I had stopped halfway through a sentence, wandered off to do something that crossed my mind, then did that and this and totally forgotten about what I was doing before. :p

Get to the party, looking hawt, schmoozing, having a good time, go to the bathroom....and notice in the mirror that I have not shaved my pits in 3 weeks and I'm wearing a strapless dress....

Yeah, I have a tendency to forget about things like that and then only realise when it's too late to fix them. :doh:

o and about the hugs? i hug everyone all the time too :D

I am such an over-hugger. I've had people totally taken by surprise (and probably totally embarassed) when I hugged them - probably cause I didn't know them barely at all. It doesn't bother me, really.

Once, I was hugging a bunch of friends as they left my place, and one of my friends had brought a friend of his over that day. I've never met this friend before, but as he was leaving I sort of accidentally moved in a way that seemed like I was going to hug him, too. He moved as if to hug me, so I went and hugged him anyway. It would have been quite embarassing for him, otherwise, so what the heck!? :p

stopandstare

MBTI Type
ENFP
My moments

Totally agree with all the above - heres mine:

- Breaking things, including myself - I trip alot cause I am too distracted to watch where I'm walking. I always have bruises, can never wear short skirts lol!

- Never hold grudges, as soon as someone smiles, I forget why I was angry.. good and bad - I don't tend to learn from my mistakes... am forever optimistic about other people and situations... I also always expect huge comebacks when my team is down and out too...

- Organisation - same as Vanilla Cat - do a huge clean up & organisational drive, feel great - big pat on the back, then tire of it a few days later - right back to chaos!

- Often meet people who know me and I have to pretend I know them because we seem to have been best pals in a former incarnation of myself (I've had many so far lol!). Boy do I sweat incase they ask me a specific question...

- That last 5% in the attention to detail is a constant issue for me too... have often gone out without money, phone, keys, bank cards or ID - despite getting ready for 2 hours and triple checking that I had everything... sooooo frustrating!

- I've been called a flake many times, my attention is fleeting, when i'm engaged with a person they feel like the only person in the room but its tough to keep focused... TV's in pubs are a nightmare - the moving picture and bright colours pull me in all the time... My mind jumps to the next interesting conversation before the last one has finished, I often find myself talking to someone and thinking about something completely different...

- Also I talk too much... sometimes I blather on about random and sometimes inappropriate things when I get carried away or nervous... that can be embarassing... its a kinda filling the gaps mentality!

- I'm super loving... hugs & kisses are second nature, I tear up easily when watching baby programmes, sad & happy programmes etc... Extreme Makeover Home Edition kills me lol!

Its not easy to be ENFP but I wouldn't change for anything either... :yay:

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
i had to post again just for one specific point. about the forgetting names stuff. OMG it can get SOOOO bad for me. here 's the scenario, i'm in my business and professional ethics tutorial for the first time and everyone introduces themselves. since it is both a philosophy and business paper, i meet new people from business majors. in particular there's this chick fro malaysia (i'm chinese so ethnically we're pretty close) and she has a name that's not your typical sarah or joe. pretty sure it's a malay name. anyways, i don't remember all names anyways and i figured i wouldn't see her out of class anyways, so i didn't break the social taboo and tell her i forgot. funnily enough, as the semester progressed, we talked, joked and got along quite well with each other. that class is now over, but whenever we bump into each other we stop to talk, and to be honest, i have a thing for her and i think the feeling's mutual. but for fuck's sakes, i still don't remember her name! my only hope is to eventually ask for her number and go 'and how do you spell your name?' :D

RiderOnTheStorm

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Its not easy to be ENFP but I wouldn't change for anything either... :yay:

:smile::hug: Awesome. You're right. It isn't always easy. Tbh I never really thought about all the negative aspects of being an ENFP til I came to these boards.

As I mature I find myself becoming more logical *raises a fist at life :threaten:*
I surprised the hell out of myself the other day. *Story*

I was shopping for a potluck for work, and at first I was all excited to bring one of my fav things to cook. As I was at the store shopping for ingredients I said to myself, "you know...that's an awful lot of money to be spending on people you hardly know. you don't know if it's all gonna get eaten (I hate to waste)" and I was like :wtf: "did I just say that?" I never cared about costs before. Seriously what the fuck's up with that? 0o

hmmm...Thinking about it. Could be the INTP influence in my life 0_0

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
I was privileged to witness one of the ENFP moments today. :D

I've caught cold and am very ill right now and I was absent from school yesterday. I brouhgt my absence report to my can't-be-anything-else-than-ENFP Swedish teacher, and after signing it - me standing right in front of her - she started waving the paper furiously and yelled "Hey, where did Leysing go, this is hers! Leysing! Where are you?!". My friends started laughing and she was terribly embarrassed. :(

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
So, I was walking down the hall today with my supervisor and we were talking about bones. I proceeded to do the bone dance (something I learned in middle school to memorize 30 bones or so) whilst we passed some dudes who apparently were staring (I didn't notice). My supervisor said, "Excuse her," and I said, "Don't excuse me, I do what I want!" to which she responded: "Well, they were staring at you because most people don't shake their girdle while walking down the hall." Tee hee! Whatever, I'll shake my pelvic girdle all I want!

SillyGoose

MBTI Type
EXXP
Too funny, Phoenix.

Leysing, I could actually see myself doing that -- but I wouldn't be embarassed....I'd probably be staring at you intently once I noticed you were still there and wondering what the hell happened...then just laugh :cheese: