• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP 5w6s?

Alomoes

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm curious how many people here are INFP and enneagram 5w6. Probably only me. So I gotta do something else instead of writing a tangent.

Figures.

This thread seems quite dead. It is a shame. I'm still here though.

Last edited:

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hi! I think I'm a 5w6 too. I don't think there are many of us.

:happy2:

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm curious how many people here are INFP and enneagram 5w6. Probably only me. So I gotta do something else instead of writing a tangent.

Figures.

well, here's a chart that should give you a rough idea of how common/uncommon it is... it isn't the MOST uncommon but you won't find too many INFP 5w6s either. i'm not sure how the data was sourced but it looks reasonable to me

http://31.media.tumblr.com/50d433d5bf4c038a442081f744065093/tumblr_moaalulBiB1sq3u8zo1_1280.jpg

brainheart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a 5w6 fix but it's not my core. I'm curious: what's it like being an INFP 5w6? What's your relationship to your emotions and your values? Do you consider yourself empathetic? How well do you relate to the INFP descriptions?

Riva

Enneagram
7w8

Figures.

Hi! I think I'm a 5w6 too. I don't think there are many of us.

:happy2:

WEIRDOS!!!!

;)

Just kidding.

I think that would be an awesome combination.

Alomoes

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I am quite empathetic, although I don't use this information much. It comes from my doubt that I compensate by learning everything.

But yeah. I apply my empathy to non-human things, and people who are dead. Like learning about people from their biographies is a past time of mine.
I do relate to the description, but I don't want to be a writer. Trying to force a motive for insert thing to happen is what I do. And with this information, I can react. When I read a biography, I try to learn exactly what the guy was feeling. Then I compare him to others. When I cannot, I get excited.

My knowledge of useless facts rivals an INTP's, but my memory sucks in comparison. For example, if you asked me to pull up a random fact, I could not tell you. If you asked me to come up with a specific thing, then sure. Why did the Roman Empire fall? What was Napoleon like? Why do other nations hate the US? I'll tell you in a post at least this long. Probably longer.

It pisses me off when people don't know something I know. Like for example, a guy in my econ class is like, why does everyone hate the US? We didn't do nothing. I went into an unintelligible tirade about cold war policy implicating the CIA because of their coups. It would make more sense if I put it in writing. Their counter argument was that everyone has an intelligence agency. My counter argument to that would have been that not everyone used their intelligence agency to install dictatorships. Iran, Guatemala, attempted in Cuba but failed. Intelligible meant I didn't understand though, so I gave up and am currently thinking of writing a post to them.

But yeah, if I don't know, I'll google it. If it isn't there, I'll look harder. If unable to do that, I'll think of potential answers, and have them all be true.

Most of the time information gathered is not statistics. Statistics take effort for me to read and make sense out of.

Also, any work given to me will likely not be completed unless it is finding an answer to a question.

That's pretty much it. Finally, if I can't answer the question, I answer it as not answerable.

The three people I relate to are Edgar Allan Poe, Beethoven, and Mycroft Holmes. Note, probably not TV Mycroft, but book Mycroft. I even have a brother who is very logical that I consider an analogue to Sherlock himself. I'm not certain if he's ISFP or INFJ. He's quite similar to me, but he actually does his work. He refuses to think, even though he has great capacity to. Wants to be an artist. Pretty good at it too. Draws cartoon characters he sees on TV. He's good at math. Quite good. Reads a ton just like I do.

But yeah. My dad is INTP as far as I know, the architect. Very fitting, because he is an architect. My mom? I don't know. I originally thought ESFJ, but then ESTJ, and now am considering INFJ. And then there is the ISTJ. He is very logical, but uses his logic for irrational things. Works ten times harder than anyone here combined. He's going somewhere up high. I don't know where. If I were to invest, it would be in him. He doesn't like my habits of not doing my work though. Rats me out on that a bunch. The inner details of my family life is screwy. Not going to go into it because its personal. Life of an INFP in a very rational house isn't so fun, even if your values are equally rational.

It took me a long time to write this. Just goes to show how open I am to people on the internet if it is for a scientific cause. And yes, I consider this science.

And my emotions are very strong, hence my irrational fears and things that could be considered Fi at its worst. I'll construct a list.

Didn't learn to ride my bike without training wheels until I was 10, after my little brothers both did. Boy it looked bad when a four year old was doing it.

Paralyzing fear of escalators. Originally used to include stairs. Eventually expanded to include roller coasters and other amusement rides. I'm getting over the roller coaster fear. Can be classified as general fear of heights.

I decided I would never learn to read in kindergarten.

Driving. I'm getting over it slowly. Still not gone on the highway alone, but I can drive a manual places.

Swimming. Got over that also. Also related to heights because I didn't want to fall.

What I do:

I'm a student in high school.

I like to study warfare, politics, and government. Standard grand strategy and geopolitics type stuff. Figuring out my moves if I were president. Economically, I have no clue other than cutting spending on medicare/Medicaid and increasing taxes, along with lowering military spending. Sweeping healthcare reforms, pretty much. I'd pretty much figure out why health care is more expensive, and then make it not. Same with everything. Logical, but shortsighted. Congress probably won't go with this, I don't know if we'll find anything we can do short of cutting quality, something I'd hate to do. Actually, if I reformed healthcare to rely less on medicine, it would probably cost less. I know a lot of people are prescribed stuff they don't need. Huh. This is how I learn.

Marching band, I play the tuba, although that was just my last season.

That's pretty much it. Oh yeah, a big one, poking and cutting of live flesh. So yeah. This is going under my bio. I'm never writing about myself ever again in this much detail. Unless I do. I think I've painted a good picture of myself though. Good enough.

I want to become a psychologist. Notice. Not a psychiatrist. Psychiatrists have been moved to a diagnosing and drugging style profession. I want to actually help people with therapy that does not include drugs. Probably a good move. Might write a book, but that would only be because I'm an INFP. :rofl1:

Yeah right. Of course, if I do write a book, it either mess with people's minds to the point where it pushes them away or be extremely successful. It will not be average. That'll be after I have a steady income though.

Do note, I doubt that every single day. I end up coming up with nothing though. No reason why I'm not INTP though, except for my social slant. Unless my dad really is INTP, in which case I know a lot about INTPs. Someone please slap me and give me more reasons why I'm not INTP. I'm doubting myself again. :shrug:

Oh yeah, and am I the only one who thinks this looks like Einstein? :happy2:

My face normally. :mellow:

I'm done. Posting, putting it as the biography in my account, and attempting to help more people learn about themselves/not get mistyped/throw fire to their confusion.

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a 5w6 fix but it's not my core. I'm curious: what's it like being an INFP 5w6? What's your relationship to your emotions and your values? Do you consider yourself empathetic? How well do you relate to the INFP descriptions?

I'll have to come back to this when I have more energy. Tough day. As usual.

To me, life as an INFP 5w6 is.... Woody Allen as a feeling type. So, not a pretty sight. :D

I relate to the INFP descriptions well. I am empathetic, and a good writer but I could never survive as a writer. I'm a good editor. If I had to write fiction however, I'd be a mess, chasing my tail.

Emotions - values are tough, because values are ideals and emotions are human responses to real events. Current example: my values include wanting to be a good leader by training less experienced employees at the office. But then I might feel extremely annoyed by a particular inexperienced employee who fails to listen, or who acts entitled or over eager.

Then I feel resentful for having to teach this guy, and then I feel guilty for feeling resentful. And then I wind up complaining about the guy to friends and then feeling guilty for THAT (because I should be this or that, blah blah). :doh:

Last edited:

Alomoes

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Huh. I must add that there is a lot of stuff that is unsaid in my summary of myself, and a lot of it was only hinted at. Tried to get as much as I could in my description of myself, but that is a lot and this lead to me leaving things out, or just going over things in not so much detail.

Like the people I relate to most. I never said why.

But yeah. For fiction, you could not just tell me to write fiction. You'd have to tell me to write about something specific, and even then I might not get it right. And for non fiction or an essay, what you get probably is not what you want. I do this all the time with teachers at school. Pour my heart and soul into what they don't want.

Now, as such, I think the way society is structured is just slightly weighted against me. And others. And this causes a lot of not so good feelings.

As for the above, I relate to that comepletely, except I haven't had any experience training anyone.

Specifically the cycle of emotions. I got annoyed at someone, wrote an insulting letter, then felt horrible, then apologized, which didn't really help with the fealing horrible part. Even though the person is generally not the nicest person, and hates me for no understandable reason. I was surprised when I learnt of this, because said person never talks to me, and I never talk to him. This shocked pretty much everyone else I knew, and the INFJ, or at least think, I know actually began to try and figure out things about me after this point.

Just saying, I don't let any hint of feeling show through myself except when doing science on reactions to different faces, in which case it should be obvious to those who know of me that I am acting.

I really don't like the way I describe myself, it feels narcisistic. I must emphasize that, but for the purpose, it works.

Rachupichu

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
I'll have to come back to this when I have more energy. Tough day. As usual.

To me, life as an INFP 5w6 is.... Woody Allen as a feeling type. So, not a pretty sight. :D

I relate to the INFP descriptions well. I am empathetic, and a good writer but I could never survive as a writer. I'm a good editor. If I had to write fiction however, I'd be a mess, chasing my tail.

Emotions - values are tough, because values are ideals and emotions are human responses to real events. Current example: my values include wanting to be a good leader by training less experienced employees at the office. But then I might feel extremely annoyed by a particular inexperienced employee who fails to listen, or who acts entitled or over eager.

Then I feel resentful for having to teach this guy, and then I feel guilty for feeling resentful. And then I wind up complaining about the guy to friends and then feeling guilty for THAT (because I should be this or that, blah blah). :doh:

This is soooooo me I'm tired of this.

tired

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
i am... most MB-based tests give me IxTx as a result (usually it's INTP). i find it a bit hard to relate to the "super dreamy and overly-sweet" aspect that some INFP descriptions present. the only reason why i type feeling over thinking is because it's much more natural for me to consider how important something is instead of considering how much sense it makes (i mean, i do both, but the second requires some level of conscious effort)

as for the enneagram, based on fixations, triads/groupings and fears/desires, i'm clearly a type five and since i relate way more to type six then to type four, i'm a 5w6 (most descriptions fit me pretty well)

i honestly don't feel like there's anything extraordinary about this MB+ennea combo... and i can't see (besides some stereotypes/superficial characteristics) any "contradiction" between them.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Er... I don't lead with fi and am not an INFP but am an INFJ but I identify more with 4 wing than 6 wing. I do believe that INFP/INFJ 5 is possible and have seen it around. Probably within the realm of developed te and ti or a blur between t vs. f. Or an INFJ or INFP who is a 5 will appear thinkery on the surface or have thinkery tendencies beneath the surface. Enneagram is all about motivations afterall.

One main part of being a 5 is the extreme introversion and it certainly is possible for INFPs to be on the higher end of the introversion scale. Then there is the extreme knowledge gathering aspect and while my areas are limited with this, since a young age this as well as isolating have been a sort of defense mechanism for me. I'm not a fi-ne but am certainly an NF I identify a lot with type 5 and stick with it as my core, more plausible than 4w5 for me.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
It's more likely that you're an INTJ who is mostly "seeing" your Fi. This is quite common for all types (to relate to and be most aware of the 3rd function).

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
From my perspective Intj are more drives to ideas and infp to Emotions , they both can be sweet and annoying as hell .
Even is they have the same goal ,Intj are gonna talk you about the "planning" of their goal : what tools do you need , the physic of that , the possibles errors , the money you need , ect.
They probabily are gonna tell you that they want it for their families but not alot more , which is quite normal for Nt Types ... and Nt express emotions by doing stuff than actually saying it.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
From my perspective Intj are more drives to ideas and infp to Emotions , they both can be sweet and annoying as hell .
Even is they have the same goal ,Intj are gonna talk you about the "planning" of their goal : what tools do you need , the physic of that , the possibles errors , the money you need , ect.
They probabily are gonna tell you that they want it for their families but not alot more , which is quite normal for Nt Types ... and Nt express emotions by doing stuff than actually saying it.

I'd like to say it's that simple, but some INTJs are essentially NiFi, and thus come across as NF, which can be confusing.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
I'd like to say it's that simple, but some INTJs are essentially NiFi, and thus come across as NF, which can be confusing.

For sure but even a Loop Ni-Fi Intj want to seach the best way to solve a problem without any emotional connection . The Ni-Fi Intj exist when they are using their imagination to solve emotionals problems.

ss

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
For sure but even a Loop Ni-Fi Intj want to seach the best way to solve a problem without any emotional connection . The Ni-Fi Intj exist when they are using their imagination to solve emotionals problems.

ss

Loops may be a thing for some, but I personally believe that some people are just wired differently.

Ex:
INTJ NiFi would be technically double introverted, and thus seem quieter, more introspective, and lower energy.
INTJ NiTe would be somewhat less introverted, seem only moderately quiet, would be occasionally engaging, and seem more average in terms of energy (ambiverted sort of).

I do not think that it necessarily indicates a crisis so much as it indicates natural variation in human behavior.

fatir930

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
You're so like me. I have an artist infj sister and my brother is isfp. we have a lot of similarities except the fear part. I'm into politics to except our philosophies differ. I focus on keeping the peace than thinking about individual citizens. you write and I draw(not anymore maybe :p)