• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] enfj dreams/insights

Ida

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out if I could be an enfj (or at least closer to that than anything else) and one stumbling block I'm finding is that almost all descriptions and comments focus almost exclusively on Fe and its desire to fit in or please others.

How does Ni fit in? Wouldn't the independence of Ni contradict the seeming conformity of Fe? Why do some descriptions classify enfj as a "leader" type, while others suggest that they primarily follow (to go along with others or fit in with their particular social world?)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hello,

I'm trying to figure out if I could be an enfj (or at least closer to that than anything else) and one stumbling block I'm finding is that almost all descriptions and comments focus almost exclusively on Fe and its desire to fit in or please others.

How does Ni fit in? Wouldn't the independence of Ni contradict the seeming conformity of Fe? Why do some descriptions classify enfj as a "leader" type, while others suggest that they primarily follow (to go along with others or fit in with their particular social world?)

The qualities of the auxiliary and those of the dominant function often, if not always, conflict, at least in principle if not in reality. If you choose to follow your own vision (for humanity or whatever it is in your case), then Fe will lead you to find like-minded people who think (or feel) the same way you do.

Or perhaps you keep Fe and Ni separate, such that Ni does not communicate its insights with Fe at all. In that case, Fe must be informed through some other perceiving function.

But it should be kept in mind that Fe cannot take its ideas from the external realm without a perceiving function. So Fe with Ni will naturally be attracted to ideas in the external realm (culture) produced and communicated by those whose ideas are of an introverted intuitive and humanistic nature. Those humanistic, globally-oriented ideals serve as a practical vision for the Fe-dom to live by.

Whether this must lead the ENFJ to become a leader is a different question that begins to segue into the question of stereotypes. I don't believe anybody of any type HAS to be any particular thing, such as a leader or follower, crank or curmudgeon, gifted artist or construction worker.