• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Are INFPs "sexy"?

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Female INFPs, totally. They often have this "innocent-yet-beautiful" appearance about them, at least the few I've known.

Innocent yet beautiful - and also, tough. Hard as nails, yet this doesn't take away from that gentleness. Awesome - whatever the gender.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFPs are intense individuals, you either like or find the intensity attractive, or you don't. A lot of people simply can't handle the intensity and choose not to.

nickia

MBTI Type
INFP
INFPs are intense individuals, you either like or find the intensity attractive, or you don't. A lot of people simply can't handle the intensity and choose not to.

I agree. I'm a INFP, and I can be intense from time to time. Unfortunately, not many people can handle it. As for sexiness, I don't think I'm sexy per the traditional sense of "macho" sexy. However, I have been called "adorable" or "cute" from time to time, and girls sometimes pet me! I don't think I'm effeminate or whimpy at all because I always stand up in tough situations whereas the so called "macho" guys would back off.

I personally prefer Extroverted and Thinking girl because she compliments what I lack. Extroverted girls are sexy to me because they are always excited and energized. Moreover,I prefer a more "macho" girl than a "girly girly" girl. I don't think I can take a INFP girl simply because they are too "soft" and "fragile". It's also bad for two INFPs to be sticking together because they will be self-absorbed and lost the sense of reality.

From my experience, a more "macho" girl is more likely to make the first move or send out strong signals. This is really good because INFPs are terribly shy and unsure whether they will be accepted or not.:wubbie:

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I agree. I'm a INFP, and I can be intense from time to time. Unfortunately, not many people can handle it. As for sexiness, I don't think I'm sexy per the traditional sense of "macho" sexy. However, I have been called "adorable" or "cute" from time to time, and girls sometimes pet me! I don't think I'm effeminate or whimpy at all because I always stand up in tough situations whereas the so called "macho" guys would back off.

INFP boys are totally pet-able :D
I personally prefer Extroverted and Thinking girl because she compliments what I lack. Extroverted girls are sexy to me because they are always excited and energized. Moreover,I prefer a more "macho" girl than a "girly girly" girl. I don't think I can take a INFP girl simply because they are too "soft" and "fragile". It's also bad for two INFPs to be sticking together because they will be self-absorbed and lost the sense of reality.

From my experience, a more "macho" girl is more likely to make the first move or send out strong signals. This is really good because INFPs are terribly shy and unsure whether they will be accepted or not.:wubbie:

Ooh you sound like a prime candidate for the highly thought of INFP male ENTJ female pairing :laugh:

EDIT: Oh, but to answer the OP...INFPs can be pretty sexy, in sort of a moody artist kind of way.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFP boys are totally pet-able :D

=^.^=

damn it, this isn't helping :doh: :blush:

EDIT: Oh, but to answer the OP...INFPs can be pretty sexy, in sort of a moody artist kind of way.

There we go, not sure the moody artist really gets a lot of the right kind of girls, though...

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
There we go, not sure the moody artist really gets a lot of the right kind of girls, though...

Aw, well...when I'm old I'll adopt lots of cats young INFP men and make sure they get good homes :D

whimsical

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I'm too sexy for my love too sexy for my love
Love's going to leave me

I'm too sexy for my shirt too sexy for my shirt
So sexy it hurts
And I'm too sexy for Milan too sexy for Milan
New York and Japan

And I'm too sexy for your party
Too sexy for your party
No way I'm disco dancing

whimsical

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
lmaoo doin my sexy walk on the cat walk the cat walk where i belong the catwalk getting famous without even talking
on the cat walk

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Amar is SekZey, period. Doesn't matter what she calls herself. :wubbie:

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
On my list of "Attractiveness via types", INFP girls rank second to ENTP girls. Which means that I likey.

A

A window to the soul

Individuals are sexy. Not types.

I find characteristics about certain types more attractive than others. However, I tend to agree that "individuals are sexy. Not types." I agree with that statement because I myself do NOT fit the INFP/ENFP 'type' mold perfectly.

Do I personally find INFP males sexy? Tough question, I can't answer that. Everybody is different and I don't believe people can be pefectly typed. If an INFP male fits the exact definition of an INFP, then NO, I would not find that too sexy in a male because I don't like cheesy/sappy romance :cheese:, I don't like answering a bunch of emotional questions about how I'm feeling :cheese:, I don't like hearing a man tell me too much emotional stuff about how he's feeling :cheese:, I believe that too much "talk is cheap" without actions to support it, etc, etc, etc.

Last edited:

mr.awesome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
i feel like a douchephag relating this to myself, but whatevs.
ive been quite the ladies man throughout my years in school, [not trying to toot my own horn] but its just like girls always see me as just a 'cute, innocent, pure' kinda person. its like girls seem to just want to look and gawk at me, but not be involved. ive actually been told i was too perfect. ive been beating around the bush of multiple relationships in my life and was left each time for a boy who was more visceral in his imperfections and spontaneity.
i think infp's can come off this 'too perfect' way alot, as their introversion and sensitivity just seems so intriguingly innocent.

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i think infp's can come off this 'too perfect' way alot, as their introversion and sensitivity just seems so intriguingly innocent.
Oooohhh. So that's why nobody's asking me out. ;) hahaha

mr.awesome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Oooohhh. So that's why nobody's asking me out. ;) hahaha

hahaha, well, im glad i could make you feel that way.. but i didnt intend to flatter anyone or create a surperior type, i just meant its how infp's come off, as pure and innocent. at least all the infp's i know. not perfect in the sense of every single aspect, perfect in the sense of being pure and innocent, ie appearing to have a clean slate so to say.

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ Yeah, I know, I was just joking. ;) I definitely don't feel flattered or think we're superior or perfect or anything like that. (I think I understand what you mean about the pure and innocent thing. I think that my other INFP friend and I get that a lot too.)

cooliogirly1000

The INFP is almost a cosmical type.

Thus, the distinction between a good cause and a bad cause is not based on any objective criteria (that is the business of Thinking!) but based on what 'feels good', hence, whatever agrees with the INFP's instincts is good and what does not, is not.

There is very little by way of sincerity with regard to how this type functions, contrary to what appears to be the case on a very superficial level. The INFP is driven to please others in order to be in harmony with them.

For this reason, the INFP engages the emotions of others for self-serving ends, strictly to receive positive emotion in return.

One may be attracted to the INFP based on what they appear to be on the surface, specifically, deep and highly emotionally sensitive. Deep? There is depth of sentiment no doubt, but can we regard this as legitimate depth as such a quality is associated with a virtue of character? Not at all, as the causes the INFP fights for are not deep at all, because the causes are determined by Thinking (as Thinking decides what the world is) because Thinking is very primitive and subordinate to the impulses of the INFP, the causes this type feels passionate about are often unremarkable at best, and opprobrious at worst. The 'INFPs versus the ESTJs' myspace group is the case in point. One may ask, what about the INFPs who fight for the end of war, getting the homeless off the streets, or raising the salaries?

Two likely answers, either the INFPs in question have developed their Thinking (very few do, hence, the ones we have in mind here are not representative of this type) or what is much more common is, simply acting out on their Feeling which relentlessly urge them to seek approbation from others. Merely identified with the cause that others value and spoke up in their endeavor to get praise from others.

In other words, they were not fighting for anything noble, they did not even know what they were doing, they were merely acting out on their impulse to try to be liked by others, as they usually do. (The nature of Feeling strives to generate positive sentiment, therefore longs for harmony with others).

-Because point one is the case, the INFP is unable to have a clear view of who they are and how they ought to live their lives, and as a result lack a backbone. Their life tends to be an incessant overflow of torrential, self-serving and in almost all notable respects vulgar passion.

*This post was about applied typology, not pure typology. In other words, it is not about the unconscious tendencies of the INFP, but about how a typical INFP tends to be. The only exception to the above is the case of the INFP with a well developed Thinking faculty which is indeed rare.

While this post may have raised some points to ponder on, I do think the poster has misunderstood us.

As an INFP... while I do like to go with what feels righ, what feels right is often what my thinking has said to be right and is morally right. If our value systems goes against what is socially right because we are fighting for the greater good then so be it....we definately do not do things to please others, quite the contrary.

Although our thinking may be our least developed faculty, it still exists and so even with those INFPs who have a tiny atom of it, they too still have the capacity to use their thinking even if it may be hard. With the exception of experiencing strong and passionate feelings whereby our thinking faculty ceases to exist..I would say INFPs with a strong tertiary Thinking faculty are numerous in numbers and not 'rare' as mentioned in the above quote.

and oh yeah we are very sexy:blush: