• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Are INFPs "sexy"?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are we spamming?:doh:

No, we are offering humorous commentary and illustrating one of our many sexy attr.... okay okay we probably are.

To make up for it, even though I don't seem to be inherently attracted to INFP women in that way, they often have a very sexy almost feline quality to them. It's something about the way they move, and the way they are aloof, yet once they warm up can be very affectionate and playful.

INFP-INFP has always been like two magnets for me - we pull each closer until we get too close, then we repel.

His post could be taken several ways. When faced with such ambiguity, don't automatically assume it's the one that can be hurtful.

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
I don't seem to be inherently attracted to INFP women in that way,

:eek:

they often have a very sexy almost feline quality to them. It's something about the way they move, and the way they are aloof, yet once they warm up can be very affectionate and playful.

INFP-INFP has always been like two magnets for me - we pull each closer until we get too close, then we repel.

I think aloofness is meant to be attractive in general. Like "not giving too much away" ? Is that what you mean by aloof?

Which do you think INFP's best suit? I think you're probably right about two Fi's.

His post could be taken several ways. When faced with such ambiguity, don't automatically assume it's the one that can be hurtful

lol, sorry.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
I find the warmth and thoughtfulness of INFPs sexy, personally. Their attempts at understanding people is admirable, and I find myself readily becoming friends with them, which is a step towards attraction.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:eek:

I think aloofness is meant to be attractive in general. Like "not giving too much away" ? Is that what you mean by aloof?

Aloof from being in their own thoughts, and "floaty". In this case, I assure you I mean that in the nicest way possible. We are strange creatures though, and some people like that and others don't.

Which do you think INFP's best suit? I think you're probably right about two Fi's.

INFP women not only appreciated but thrived off of the corny little stuff I enjoyed so much. While I was in college, I could call my friend up at 3:00AM, ask her if she wanted to walk the campus and climb the various architecture, and she'd be game. We could talk about the stars, our significance on this little world, and how sad it is that people focus so intently on the shallow pleasures of love they miss the point... and then turn right around and act like idiots in the next breath.

Also, when an INFP woman had directed her attention to me, it was intense. When that aloof cat is in the mood to be lovable and starts purring, you know it.

But yeah, when you have two people that need to be true and express themselves above all else, it can cause a clash. My desire to avoid that is likely what keeps me from crossing the relationship line with another INFP.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
GirlFromMars, I just realized I totally didn't answer your question, revealing a bit of myself for no good reason. :doh: x 100.

Take this all with a grain of salt.

Type wise, it's very much what you want and are attracted to. Statistically, NF-NF pairings tend to have a very high chance at success and happiness, however I've noticed that female INFPs tend to be more attracted to "T"s than their male counterparts. According to the various theories, the best matches are ENFJ, ESFJ, ENTJ, INTJ, ESTJ (for women searching for men).

Honestly, go with what you like. There are very few types I think are inherently trouble for an INFP.

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
INFP women not only appreciated but thrived off of the corny little stuff I enjoyed so much. While I was in college, I could call my friend up at 3:00AM, ask her if she wanted to walk the campus and climb the various architecture, and she'd be game. We could talk about the stars, our significance on this little world, and how sad it is that people focus so intently on the shallow pleasures of love they miss the point... and then turn right around and act like idiots in the next breath.

That sounds perfect! Definitely very "me" I think I need to get an INFP friend. I don't think of the top off my head any of my friends are INFP's. But I can't say for sure, because I'm still new to it all and sucky at typeing.

Also, when an INFP woman had directed her attention to me, it was intense. When that aloof cat is in the mood to be lovable and starts purring, you know it.

I've been told that many times. But I think too intense for certain people. It's weird because that's been both something people seem to love, but also one of my dowlfalls. I'll find guys love the intensity at first, but it usually then becomes too much for them. But it's just how I am, so maybe it's just a matter of finding the right person/type? I think it's also a matter of trying to tone it down somewhat, which is what I'll try and do next time I think. :shock:

But yeah, when you have two people that need to be true and express themselves above all else, it can cause a clash. My desire to avoid that is likely what keeps me from crossing the relationship line with another INFP.

Like I said, I can definitely see that. My sister and I clash because there's all these feelings. And when one of us seems to upset one of the others values, which seems to happen easily for some reason, it can end in a messy puddle of spilled emotions. I really don't think I've been with another INFP in the romantic sense, so I know it's a slightly different kettle of fish! I'm definitely attracted to INFP's, but wether it would work with one in the long-term is another story.

Thanks for your insights, I appreciate it. :D

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
GirlFromMars, I just realized I totally didn't answer your question, revealing a bit of myself for no good reason. :doh: x 100.

Take this all with a grain of salt.

Type wise, it's very much what you want and are attracted to. Statistically, NF-NF pairings tend to have a very high chance at success and happiness, however I've noticed that female INFPs tend to be more attracted to "T"s than their male counterparts. According to the various theories, the best matches are ENFJ, ESFJ, ENTJ, INTJ, ESTJ (for women searching for men).

Honestly, go with what you like. There are very few types I think are inherently trouble for an INFP.

I liked your reply very much!

I know not to just blindly go by somebody's type anyway. I suck at the whole relationship thing really, but I am still fairly young, so you know...there may be hope as yet. :laugh:

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Heh, sister relationships always complicates things. Dueling Fi doms are never a good sight, as both need validation before they can really be able to offer it.

For what it's worth, I've had a couple of pretty good friendships with INFPs. We just have to congregate with responsibility, less the crowds get overwhelmed by such concentrated sexiness.

I work with an INFP, same age as me, different gender. Seriously, I think she had a crush on me, but I really don't like her very much. Way too 'dreamy' for me. It's like a bath in a vat of honey.:shock:

She is sexy though...as am i...:devil:

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
How many genders do you have at work?

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I think INFPs can be very sexy. Think Johnny Depp *drools*. Our minds and passion are very attractive to the opposite sex.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Well many websites seem to say he is. What do you propose?

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Type wise, it's very much what you want and are attracted to. Statistically, NF-NF pairings tend to have a very high chance at success and happiness, however I've noticed that female INFPs tend to be more attracted to "T"s than their male counterparts. According to the various theories, the best matches are ENFJ, ESFJ, ENTJ, INTJ, ESTJ (for women searching for men)

I'd agree with the being attracted to the "T" in a male counterpart, although the one INTP(J) i can draw from is someone who i both love immensely but who drives me utterly insane at times with his sense of logic and love of debate/argument.. not everything has to be logical!!