• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Are INFPs "sexy"?

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
This conversation now embodies everything that is wrong with MBTI. You're all taking it too far. Way too far. This is like something I'd expect in a conversation between Bill O'Reaily, Ann Coulter, and Sean Hannity, in that it's a bunch of bullshit, no one knows what they are talking about, and they are all too arrogant to admit it! The more I read MBTI and the discussions that come from it the more and more I see how invalid it is, and how little it really applies to how people behave and their personalities, unless used in the most general sense possible.

There are no types, there are only people. Thats the only MBTI knowledge you need, and it is the only MBTI that is absolutely true.

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
I think that we are sexy, but the martyrdom helps win anyone over.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
INFP's are sexy?
Oh yea! :D

In all seriousness, some are attractive and some aren't.
But I guess the deep Fi can be alluring to many.

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
This conversation now embodies everything that is wrong with MBTI. You're all taking it too far. Way too far. This is like something I'd expect in a conversation between Bill O'Reaily, Ann Coulter, and Sean Hannity, in that it's a bunch of bullshit, no one knows what they are talking about, and they are all too arrogant to admit it! The more I read MBTI and the discussions that come from it the more and more I see how invalid it is, and how little it really applies to how people behave and their personalities, unless used in the most general sense possible.

There are no types, there are only people. Thats the only MBTI knowledge you need, and it is the only MBTI that is absolutely true.

You can't blame people for wanting to understand themselves and others. It may be taken too far at times but it is only like that because there are 4.5 (?) billion people and only 16 MBTI types.

chronologyte

MBTI Type
INxP
I find that quality of cute quirkyness to be extremely attractive in the few INFPs that I have met, and love getting to know them. That being said, they can be very hard to approach because it's hard to tell how they're going to feel about something at any given time. Again I only know a couple of them, and not for very long thusfar. In particular one woman I know, who is not extremely attractive in terms of physical appearance, still has an intense "sexiness" about her that's hard to place.

For myself, as far as I can tell I'm split between feeling and thinking, and I'm really not sure which side is more prominent. I certainly carry a lot of the "romantic being" and love of cuddly huggy stuffs, not to mention intense feelings, but I'm also a highly analytical and logical thinker. I almost waver between them depending on the situation and what type of reaction is needed....

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
INFP's are cute and quircky and have that aura about them (well the ones I know), its a glow of innocence usually. That can be very attractive, but I am pretty sure that alot of them are batshit insane (j/k).

S

Sniffles

Are INFPs sexy? No, not really in my opinion. I think I've found at most two INFPs ladies to be pretty sexy - so lucky them. I'll concede that INFP women can be cute on various levels, but not particularly sexy.

Now ENFP chicks are another story.

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
I don't generally think INFPs are sexy, not personally... I can see how they can be though to others. I mean, I am an INFP, but I'm just not really attracted to a type that is too much like me.

hathor_sekhmet

MBTI Type
INFP

:doh:

This is what happens when I participate in things. I get invested and carried away.

Again, sincere apologies to everyone who had to see this.

My last post here, I promise.

(Still, I know I'm right.)

heart

heart on fire
I think every type here should have to see a "Are XXXX sexy?" thread about them and have to read all the nonsense. I'd make those threads myself but I don't want to get nabbed for spaming. *sigh*

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ok, now I understand why no one even bothered contesting your points. I know you're not going to agree to disagree, since to you your opinion is fact, but I am going to drop this (knowing that your point is nonsense) in favor of doing something more productive.

So you're saying Thinkers have a narrower range of emotion than Feelers? Great, now I can go around claiming that I have SO much more emotional depth and complexity than all you dead-inside NTs -- BlueWing said so! :rolleyes:

(I really am very sorry for clogging up this thread!)

You finally admit for yourself to be unreasonable?

The more I read MBTI and the discussions that come from it the more and more I see how invalid it is, and how little it really applies to how people behave and their personalities, unless used in the most general sense possible..

Astute!

Yeah, it need not make any sense. There is only feel! And the feel changes from person to person, its all good! Trust me!

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Yeah, it need not make any sense. There is only feel! And the feel changes from person to person, its all good! Trust me!

Oh BW, your sense of humor never fails to amuse me.

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
sexy? maybe

beautiful - yes

351Stang

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I've only met two people in real life who I am sure are INFPs, i worked with one and the other is my sister.

I can see how they could be seen as cute in a shy, innocent or clumsey way but definately not sexy.
Both have poor self confidence and posture too, which is a major turnoff for me.

I do get along with them very well though, it's easy to make them laugh.

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
Sexiness is a physical trait, so it depends on the genes and if your trying to be sexy. I know sexy people who are only sexy when they are confident about it. So sexiness is mostly a confidence thing. I've been told I'm sexy, but only when I really feel it. I think it's easier for other types since we don't naturally feel sexy nor feel the need to except to feel confident. We immitate the idea from others because we think it's cool, and we like the attention, but we really don't want to be thought of that way. We would rather be thought of as beautiful or elegant or some other romantic term. Sexy is not romantic to us, it's kind of a turn-off since it means were being admired for our body, not who we are. We think the compliment is shallow, but it still makes us feel good.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Sexiness is a physical trait

Sexiness is mostly a confidence thing.

You argue with yourself? ;)

We would rather be thought of as beautiful or elegant or some other romantic term. Sexy is not romantic to us, it's kind of a turn-off since it means were being admired for our body, not who we are. We think the compliment is shallow, but it still makes us feel good.

I don't think it is shallow. The other more "romantic" stuff might seem fake. And I don't think it is about body. It is an attitude.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have a very close (probably too close?) INFP male friend that I've known since grade 9 that is the epitome of sexiness (according to everyone from ESTP volleyball teammate to ENFJ new friend to INTP high school friend). ENFP male friend can't figure out why the INFP hasn't had a million girlfriends as every girl he meets always asks questions about the INFP.

Would it work with a xxTJ female and a very xxFP withdrawn male? I don't know.

It can as long as equilibrium of investment is achieved. Both also would need to bend some to eachother's communication styles, never mind the more important requirements of maturity and similar values. If all that is there it would work well, then again I may be biased.

I'm another one of those INFPs who has been asked that same question, "Why don't you have a girlfriend?", "You don't seem like someone who would be single." I guess we just value quality over quantity and our shyness doesn't help much in getting the ones we do want. The thing that I find entertaining/painfull are the single girls who ask me why I don't have a girlfriend then back away a little when I offer. These, however, are still girls I've had to find interest in first.