• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Are INFPs "sexy"?

Mia.

People sexually appeal to me when I see them as long term relationship material.
So yes,
INFP females sexually appeal to me.
They'd be one of my top choices for a significant other.

On a side note someone should make one of these threads for INTJs ;)
Not that I'd like my ego stroked or anything...

Male INTJs are long-term-relationship-therefore-sex-magnets.

CelticWindMelody

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w1
INFP men sexy? Oh, hell, yes! They have a way of looking into your eyes as if they're seeing your very soul and can "read" your emotions. To be loved by an INFP man is to experience a depth of feeling and connection you will never find anywhere else. And the eyes- don't get me going on that!

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
They have a way of looking into your eyes as if they're seeing your very soul and can "read" your emotions.

I don't think they were aroused when they told me this, but when a coworker was opening up to me today, she looked at me for a second, stopped her train of thought and commented: "Wow! You're soo attentive, no one ever looks that absorbed when I talk to them. I feel like you're inside here *gestures at chest* with me, it's nice."

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I don't think they were aroused when they told me this, but when a coworker was opening up to me today, she looked at me for a second, stopped her train of thought and commented: "Wow! You're soo attentive, no one ever looks that absorbed when I talk to them. I feel like you're inside here *gestures at chest* with me, it's nice."

(high-fives Forever_Jung):hifive:

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
More to predators than anyone else I think. Because of the apparent innocence. Probably.

I know I've always gotten hit on way more by women 10+ years older than me than women my own age.

+1

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Gentlemen, go to youtube, type in INFP, watch videos.

INFP women are sexy.

alisonrach

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm an INFP and my boyfriend agrees. People tell me I'm hard to read and not "hot" but beautiful. People who appreciate mysteriousness are definitely attracted to INFs.

Rim

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I will analyze and argue this based on my experience as I don't think it is logically correct to generalize based on a theory like the MBTI which has no valid empirical backing that can be accepted as scientifically true. I base my INFP-ness on repeatedly testing as one, having the functions after about 2 years of research on the subject.

The INFP is almost a cosmical type.

On the one hand, there is deep empathy for individuals the INFP interacts with (Introversion of Feeling makes them more focused on the individual than the group), but on the other hand the global (N) view makes them deeply concerned with the bigger person-centered questions. (Such as the future of the human race and the possibility of the outcomes of large groups of individuals they are concerned with, such as for instance their nation, their corporation or a team of some kind).

I find this to be true in my experience, however I'd like to add that when it comes to me specifically I'm self absorbed, cynical and :dry: have no naive delusions about humanity.

Yet, again, we should note that Thinking is the inferior faculty of this type. This means that it is most servile of all functions, and specifically most obedient to the dominant faculty--Feeling. It is with Thinking that we derive our worldview, as only Thinking is concerned with what an entity is, Feeling is only concerned with how we emote towards an entity, Intuition and Sensation are completely irrelevant to this question as they merely collect information without passing any explicit judgments.

Agree with this as well, however I seem to display a level of thinking uncommon amongst INFPs.

Accordingly, the INFP will likely have a very self-serving worldview (unless Thinking happens to be distinctly developed, which it rarely is). Uninhibited feeling gravitates towards things that make one feel good, and the only way it can be inhibited is by Thinking. This does not happen for a typical INFP. Quite the opposite does. Instead of putting limitations on the chaotic and egocentric will of Feeling of the INFP, Thinking (because it is servile to Feeling the most) conjures ways to defend the aforementioned value judgments of Feeling.

You are correct in assuming that I don't give much of a damn about most other people. Its just the way it is, I'm selfish and self absorbed. I do care about some people and I care about what is fair/correct: morals and ethics. I mainly associate my Fi with this as I tend to be mercilessly ethical, ridiculously good at reading other people's emotions and intentions through feeling/empathy. Since I'm a 6, I suffer from guilt if I don't act in an impartial and ethical manner, based on what my superego conscience considers to be fair. This can lead to me attacking friend and foe alike for deviating too much from "the fair and ethical path".

Extroverted Intuition is also servile to Feeling, but not as significantly, however because it is a clearly pronounced (secondary) function, it allows for a myriad of ideas to be conjured which directly support the whims of Introverted Feeling. For this reason the INFP will have many ways, some highly ingenious to appease his/her whims.

This true ;).

The INFP is highly sensitive to other people and will be very considerate, but is even more sensitive to his/her own Feelings, no matter how frivolous or jejune they may be. Thus, the distinction between a good cause and a bad cause is not based on any objective criteria (that is the business of Thinking!) but based on what 'feels good', hence, whatever agrees with the INFP's instincts is good and what does not, is not. Quite elaborate self-deception takes place as a result of the work of Ne-Te to convince the INFP that the cause is noble rather than a mere appeasement of a whim. Ne and Te in their own right are concerned with processing abstract information about the world and analyzing it, but because these faculties are subordinate to Introverted Feeling, there is no objective percpetion or analysis of the external world, these activities are carred out as strictly means to the end of affirmation of the Fi inspired prejudices.

Imo you are incorrect in this assertion as I tend to be an ass if I see that someone needs some tough love. Being "nice" isn't part of helping others unless its a way of making them realize something. :dry: everyone gets defensive when the blunt aggressive way is used. I don't like listening to other people's crap and I don't give emotional support. I tell them what they can do to fix the problem, if people want affection from me then they are barking up the wrong tree...I'm unable and unwilling to supply that kind of thing.

There is very little by way of sincerity with regard to how this type functions, contrary to what appears to be the case on a very superficial level. The INFP is driven to please others in order to be in harmony with them. However, unlike the INTP and many T oriented types, their feeling lacks this 'child-like purity' aspect which is often brought to our attention in INTP profiles.

^^ this is funy. Pleasing others? Harmony? Really? This may apply to type 9 INFPs, but not to me, being a counterphobic 6. As I said earlier I'm compliant to my superego conscience and only to that. Anyone who goes against it will just have to suffer the consequences (friends, family, it does not matter). I can and will throw other people's feeling aside, as I tend to be combative, confrontational and find arguing to be stimulating, exhilarating and fun. :dry: I do prefer to keep it on the no yelling and logical side of things, if I'm wrong I do accept it, even if reluctantly.

Because Feeling is the dominant faculty of the INFP, the identity of this type heavily depends on the Feelings it entertains. For this reason, the INFP engages the emotions of others for self-serving ends, strictly to receive positive emotion in return. This is the striking difference between the Thinking oriented type and the INFP, the former deems assisting others as a good thing in itself, and the INFP merely uses this activity as an instrument of appeasement of impulse. The appeasement of impulse is the primary drive of this type in life, the secondary is contriving elaborate ways to befool oneself that this is not the case.

My above comment goes against what you assert here yet again.

One may be attracted to the INFP based on what they appear to be on the surface, specifically, deep and highly emotionally sensitive. Deep? There is depth of sentiment no doubt, but can we regard this as legitimate depth as such a quality is associated with a virtue of character? Not at all, as the causes the INFP fights for are not deep at all, because the causes are determined by Thinking (as Thinking decides what the world is) because Thinking is very primitive and subordinate to the impulses of the INFP, the causes this type feels passionate about are often unremarkable at best, and opprobrious at worst. The 'INFPs versus the ESTJs' myspace group is the case in point. One may ask, what about the INFPs who fight for the end of war, getting the homeless off the streets, or raising the salaries?

Your against INFP bias is leaking all over the thread ;) I find this very amusing. I'd like to see solid evidence supporting your accusations before you assert something like this. For that matter, since you base your assertions on an unproven theory and lack any evidence for any of this I could and will dismiss this entire post ans nothing more then your subjective opinion on a type.

Two likely answers, either the INFPs in question have developed their Thinking (very few do, hence, the ones we have in mind here are not representative of this type) or what is much more common is, simply acting out on their Feeling which relentlessly urge them to seek approbation from others. Merely identified with the cause that others value and spoke up in their endeavor to get praise from others.

This may be true, I don't know how other INFPs are.

In other words, they were not fighting for anything noble, they did not even know what they were doing, they were merely acting out on their impulse to try to be liked by others, as they usually do. (The nature of Feeling strives to generate positive sentiment, therefore longs for harmony with others).

Yet again with this harmony bullshit. What is fair and ethical is fair and ethical, if some people don't like it for whatever reason, they can piss off. Compromising ideals for the sake of being liked is not an INFP thing imo. You make it sound like we lack conviction and willpower, something I don't identify with.

Thus, the INFP is not deep as he/she may have appeared to be at first. Sensitive? Only in a very insincere way. Feigning concern for others as means to the end of getting closer to them in order to appease their own longing for a positive emotive bond with others.

Lol as I said I don't care about most ppl and I won't pretend that I do. I may come off as nice, because I prefer not to offend those who haven't done anything crappy, if they perceive that as an invitation for more, then sorry its not. I assumed it was the norm to be polite, friendly and respectful with strangers.

With all things considered, the INFP has been a false prophet. Why did I call this a cosmical type? Because, almost like in a fairy tale, he/she ostensibly has all the qualities one may hope to see in a friend/partner, but alas, they are illusory. This type appears to be deep, yet is actually very superficial. This type appears to be sensitive, yet is primarily driven to appease his/her own impulses. Appears to be moderately intelligent, as Introversion is mistaken for reflectiveness, yet that is not the case also, the inferior Te is less than sharp at solving complex problems to say the very least. The INFP appears calm and put together? Another trait that is mistakenly associated with Introversion, but that is not the case also, being Fi dominant the INFP is fraught with vulgar and torrential passion which tears him/her up from within, and those who do not carefully study the psyche of this type remain wholly ignorant of the nature of this process because it is internally grounded.

>) I sense some bad blood between you and some INFP who in your eyes failed at being what you expected. I assure you my 136 IQ, engineering and psychology university degrees say otherwise. Also I'd like to inform your biased, subjective and obviously fucked up self that English is my 4-th out of 5 languages, so please ;) don't insult my intelligence to make yourself feel better.

Hence, what exactly is good about the INFP? It is the most intensely Feeling oriented type, thus is excellent at striking a rapport with others. Hence, most Feelers should appreciate this as they too long for harmony with others. Feelers with a dependency problem or a low self-esteem should also appreciate the INFP for this reason, as there is no type more emotionally supportive than this. Domineering Thinking types should also appreciate this tendency within the INFP, as the primary way the INFP can appease his/her impulses is by generating positive emotions through interaction with others. Hence, the INFP will without a doubt conform to the wishes of the domineering Thinker almost exclusively with the purpose of retaining harmony. Perhaps the same domineering Thinker will appreciate the INFP evoking their emotions (as they may have trouble evoking their emotions on their own because the inferior Feeling is intensely supressed) and of course, because the INFP cannot easily stand up for his or her needs, he/she cannot insist on engaging the emotions to any greater degree than the Thinker finds desirable. Hence, it is a propitious situation for the Thinker, as if he chooses to have assistance with evoking his emotions, this service is available to him, yet nothing stops him from choosing otherwise, and if he elects the former, only he has the voice with regard to what extent the emotions are to be evoked.

I suck at striking rapport wit others, what are you talking about? I'm emotionally not supportive, however I find it easy to read others emotions and intentions, so I do give good advice even if people don't like what I have to say. XD ahahaha, not being able to stand up for my needs!? You assume to know much, yet you don't. I'm standing up for myself here as well as for every other INFP that is affected by your idiotic assertions based on what? Your imagination?. Also you forget that Fi is not emotions or emotionality nor a tendency towards any of that.

Hence, there are indeed positive attributes to the INFP, yet if one wishes for a partner or a long term friend that he can respect and treat as his/her equal, I highly recommend turning elsewhere. The whole temper of mind of the INFP and the personalities associated with is aimed at the sole end and goal of magnifying passion and supressing the intellect, and precisely this is what prevents the type from having the strength of character one needs in order to command respect from others.

;) magnificent! You really have us figured out! *applauds* Bravo good sir!

In summary,

-Nature of Feeling gravitates towards what feels good.
-The only way this process could be intervened with is through the disciplinary judgment of Thinking.
-Thinking of the INFP is subordinate to Feeling (in a fashion typical of an inferior faculty to be subordinate to the dominant), therefore does not discipline feeling, but supports it.
-Because point one is the case, the INFP is unable to have a clear view of who they are and how they ought to live their lives, and as a result lack a backbone. Their life tends to be an incessant overflow of torrential, self-serving and in almost all notable respects vulgar passion.

My final conclusion is that you are full of shit, you are angry, resentfull and I'm sure some INFP hurt you. I'll repeat the process here by dismissing this post as nothing more then a biased assertion of a subjective opinion which you can not back up with anything, much less the MBTI theory, simply because its an unprooven one which is not accepted as valid by the scientific community.

:) also if you wish to argue I'll gladly answer the challenge as I tend to enjoy this kind of thing. Now crawl back into your pseudo intellectual hole and be prepared to back up assertions next time with facts/evidence. You are entitled to your opinion, but it is just that a opinion. You have yet to prove this to me with facts, scientific evidence and seeing as I'm an exception I find it difficult to accept your assertion on INFPs in general. It all might make sense in your head, but the only thing that matters is its applicability in the real world. Does it work? Is it true? Without this its all words in the wind, you might as well just shut up before you embarrass yourself further.

I don't pretend to know how other types are, I know myself however and people should be taken one individual at a time as no 2 ppl are the same. INFPs will wildly differ from one another, just like other types. I advise putting "imo" or "this has been my experience" in front of assertions like this and not generalizing as if it were the truth.

*This post was about applied typology, not pure typology. In other words, it is not about the unconscious tendencies of the INFP, but about how a typical INFP tends to be. The only exception to the above is the case of the INFP with a well developed Thinking faculty which is indeed rare. But even in that case, one can avoid the problems listed above to a certain degree as the inferior function can have only a limited influence on the psyche of the type despite being well developed. This is the case because naturally we are drawn to our dominant faculty, and much self-discipline is required to reverse this tendency. Only very few INFPs with a well developed Te will be able to overcome most of the maladies of their temperament.

<.< aww fudge...this was written in 2008? XP aww..I was hoping for a full on battle here..:( so disappointing....just when I thought I found something more interesting then the regular stuff...oh well. I think my point is clear on the matter regardless.

boughtmeawalkman

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm not "sexy." I at least don't try to be - I don't eat myself silly. I'm not overweight at all, but I don't exercise, I don't wear make up, I don't have a SENSIBLE diet and I don't think logically about what's best for me. I've thought for a while that INFPs were and are supposed to be the least sexy of the MBTI types, because we are much more involved with our thoughts and feelings than the physical realm (which includes are PHYSICAL bodies.) But I could always be wrong.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I'm not "sexy." I at least don't try to be - I don't eat myself silly. I'm not overweight at all, but I don't exercise, I don't wear make up, I don't have a SENSIBLE diet and I don't think logically about what's best for me. I've thought for a while that INFPs were and are supposed to be the least sexy of the MBTI types, because we are much more involved with our thoughts and feelings than the physical realm (which includes are PHYSICAL bodies.) But I could always be wrong.

And that's why you are sexy

R

Riva

I know this one INFP who is quite fond of me (a few years elder to me) who is extremely sexy physically and (I can't believe I am going to say this) emotionally. When she talks to me she is immersed in to the conversation reading in to every word I say and don't say. It just tuns me on. And she makes such seductive eye contact and never lets it go. So very sensual. I sometimes feel like reaching out, holding her chin and kissing those big lovely lips.

I wouldn't imagine her as a lover though. Seems too ......... hmmm... detached from hmmm... I don't know the word to explain.

lenoirvrai

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm an INFP female and I've been told many times that I am very sexy. I appear so sensitive and naive, but I surprise everyone with my intelligence, talents, and ability to take charge in any situation.

My girlfriend, while not an INFP, is an INFJ. I find her intelligence, ability to listen, loyalty, and extreme compassion to be very sexy. We also help each other grow into better individuals, confront each other with our weaknesses so we can improve, encourage our strengths and resolve our issues. We have fantastic communication.

Also, she has fantastic feminine abs and a great ass... and face, and eyes... and everything. She is gorgeous, both inside and out.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
lol. no. cute, maybe.

my wife says I'm sexy but I think she's just trying to feed my ego.

Trouble

MBTI Type
INFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The couple of INFP guys I've met in the last year or so. Ummm, yes. But mutual insanity eventually ensues.

Standuble

I would severely doubt it I don't think many women offer an INFP male a first glance let alone a second glance. Perhaps women have better luck. Fortunately for me I am at my deep core indifferent and even in opposition to the idea but I pity the poor guys who are desperate for some female attention. There are so many on the Personalitycafe INFP forum that at times it resembles a zombie apocalypse.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Desperation is deeply unsexy.