• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Are INFPs "sexy"?

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I would think that many Fi types would just say they are men, and not live in fear of what something may look like. It's cooler to decide for themselves. That's a big difference between introverted judgements and extroverted. To not need a typical societal standard to look to for their identity (in this case, what's "manly" or not.. but it applies to thousands of categories, if necessary).

Well, yeah if it's something personal like choosing to wear flowery, pink shirts :D

But in order to function in society, we still have to follow some 'guidelines' of how to behave in public.

KDude

Sure.. I think we all make use of Fi and Te both (or Ti and Fe)...It's good to have balance.

I'm just saying though.. if that stuff gets too much in the way, I'll shed it off. I think I've always been like that. To use a "flowery" example.. I remember hating the gym shorts in middle school. So I decided to bring my own shorts.. which were yellow, with orange and red flowers on them. The gym coach was pissed, and told me to change. "Yeah, whatever." So he decided to try to embarass me a little, saying my shorts looked faggy or something (probably would get fired these days for that). I still didn't budge, even when it made the other guys laugh about it. So he just kept making me run laps every day, and I never changed. He finally just gave up and I participated in class with everyone else. Coach Littlefield..almost definitely an ISTJ.. kind of looked like OJ Simpson or something. He was "manly" in some way, and I was a skinny looking kid, but I wasn't afraid of him. As far as I'm concerned, I should be able to wear my own shorts. And generally speaking, people should always be able to wear their own shorts if they want. The flowers might look "gay" by some standard, but I ran a lot of laps, took his insults, and I'm more of a man for putting up with it rather than some "gym coach" who follows convention and picks on kids.

Hopelandic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
me
Apart from that: I as an INFP guy have actually not even a problem with being titled as innocent and what not. I know I am not the wild, dangerous guy who will kill you a tiger with my own hands to get some food if needed. That doesn't threaten my "manliness", I define it in other ways, and if I want a girl then one which can appreciate me the way I am. Are there women which can find that attitude sexy? I don't know, it depends on how you define sexy I guess.

Eckhart, I find this to be a very attractive attitude, and i'm glad you have the maturity and self assurance. You've got a good head on your shoulders :hug:

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Eckhart, I find this to be a very attractive attitude, and i'm glad you have the maturity and self assurance. You've got a good head on your shoulders :hug:

As opposed to a good one far below the shoulders? :D

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
@Hopelandic: Thanks :blush:
@William K: Ahaha :p

Lauren

MBTI Type
INFP
I sometimes find INFP's to be pretty attractive. I'm not sure what it is about them though. It's probably the fact that being introverted, they have a shell that once you get to know them from the start, you constantly have this urge to try and bring that special something out of the shell. Its like opening a Pandora's box for me... only with mainly positive outcomes :)

You've got that right. (I like to think) :D That box is well worth opening, if you have the key.

KDude

Sometimes I think it's me that will get people out of their shells. :thinking:

And I don't mean in an extroverted way. I prefer being one-to-one. I think I just like to lighten things up sometimes. And I'm self-deprecating, I'm thoughtful, considerate, encouraging, and I'll listen. I'll sit by, huddled up, in the corner of a club with a girl more shy than I am, and spend the whole time with her, interested in what she's all about. I'll invite a coworker out to lunch and wonder she's been crying about. I'm not in the least trying to get anyone to have more fun though, or to join in with what anyone else is doing (and I resent people who try to do that with me).

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah...there's this quiet intensity...it's calming and stimulating at the same time...infps are cool...yep.. :)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sometimes I think it's me that will get people out of their shells. :thinking:

And I don't mean in an extroverted way. I prefer being one-to-one. I think I just like to lighten things up sometimes. And I'm self-deprecating, I'm thoughtful, considerate, encouraging, and I'll listen. I'll sit by, huddled up, in the corner of a club with a girl more shy than I am, and spend the whole time with her, interested in what she's all about. I'll invite a coworker out to lunch and wonder she's been crying about. I'm not in the least trying to get anyone to have more fun though, or to join in with what anyone else is doing (and I resent people who try to do that with me).

I can be that way in a one-on-one situation also, especially if I sense the other person is somewhat timid - it puts me at ease actually. I have a habit of self-revealing just enough to get the other person to open up. It's a neat little NF trick :devil: :D .

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been told that I had sexy eyes.

I always used them to get things from people (like asking teachers not to give homework), and it was a bit disturbing to find out later that my puppy eyes were "sexy" when I thought they were innocent and vulnerable :unsure:

But yeah. Idk, just throwing it out there for what it's worth.

I've also heard people call us sex kittens, horny little sluts, etc.

If I had to guess, I'd say it was from the amount of emotion we put into relationships when we find somewhere we feel safe enough to be close with.

So... meh :blushing:

DJAchtundvierzig

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
There is sexy, beautiful and cute. I would say they fall under the cute catigory, not the sexy. :blush:

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
From INFPs I know, I would say they have a smoldering quality. Which to me means sexual allure that is under the surface, not quite so outwardly expressed. So, is it sexy? Probably not to some as it is such a radical departure from what is commonly classified as sexy: the oh-so-conventional cliched hotness and that slightly try-hard brand of hyperactive flirtatiousness. But I think it can be very refreshing. INFPs that I have been close to (females in particular) exhibit a long simmering sensuality that is set aside for the one that they love. Yet its not repressed, it is really really lavished on that partner and explored without fear. And that is really beautiful. Perhaps this doesn't sound type specific at all, but I can only speak about the ones I know.

tortoise

MBTI Type
ENFP
From INFPs I know, I would say they have a smoldering quality. Which to me means sexual allure that is under the surface, not quite so outwardly expressed. So, is it sexy? Probably not to some as it is such a radical departure from what is commonly classified as sexy: the oh-so-conventional cliched hotness and that slightly try-hard brand of hyperactive flirtatiousness. But I think it can be very refreshing. INFPs that I have been close to (females in particular) exhibit a long simmering sensuality that is set aside for the one that they love. Yet its not repressed, it is really really lavished on that partner and explored without fear. And that is really beautiful. Perhaps this doesn't sound type specific at all, but I can only speak about the ones I know.

Oooooooooooooooooh yeaaaaaaaaaah. I want one.