• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Are INFPs "sexy"?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I heared that from an ENTP after 10 days of chatting online :doh::doh:

btw. i agree with disregard; individuals are sexy, not types...

That's cause we get so excited by new interesting people that it's easy to mistake the infatuation for love at first.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well he scared me away. Clingy ENTP?! Very weird.:)

He definately had high Fe too

We're usually not clingy; he probably just didn't mean the term "love" in anywhere near the level of depth that it means to you.

It can probably be translated as, "You are very exciting right now." That's about it. He probably just got ahead of himself and used a term that was too strong.

Chloe

We're usually not clingy; he probably just didn't mean the term "love" in anywhere near the level of depth that it means to you.

It can probably be translated as, "You are very exciting right now." That's about it. He probably just got ahead of himself and used a term that was too strong.

Yeah I am pretty sure he didnt love me, and he figured it after he said it... but he did plan our life together next 20 years, when we'll have children and such :blush::D

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I have yet to meet one of these sexy INFPs.
Usually, i'd say they are cute and endearing. I'm waiting to see a bit of the ooh la la or je ne sais quoi :smooch:

Othon

MBTI Type
INTP
The better I get to know INFP women, the sexier they seem.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I heared that from an ENTP after 10 days of chatting online :doh::doh:

An INTP did this to me; he wrote "I love you!" in response to an email, but I realized he meant "I love what you just wrote because it's unusual/defiant/etc". He seemed to think most women were brainless tarts (ESxx types, from his perspective), and any evidence to the contrary excited him. It freaked me out for a split second, and then I realized it wasn't "I love you" in the serious sense.

Salvadorabian

MBTI Type
infp
"Yet, again, we should note that Thinking is the inferior faculty of this type. This means that it is most servile of all functions, and specifically most obedient to the dominant faculty--Feeling. It is with Thinking that we derive our worldview, as only Thinking is concerned with what an entity is, Feeling is only concerned with how we emote towards an entity, Intuition and Sensation are completely irrelevant to this question as they merely collect information without passing any explicit judgments.

Accordingly, the INFP will likely have a very self-serving worldview (unless Thinking happens to be distinctly developed, which it rarely is). Uninhibited feeling gravitates towards things that make one feel good, and the only way it can be inhibited is by Thinking. This does not happen for a typical INFP. Quite the opposite does. Instead of putting limitations on the chaotic and egocentric will of Feeling of the INFP, Thinking (because it is servile to Feeling the most) conjures ways to defend the aforementioned value judgments of Feeling." -SOLITARY WALKER

At the conceptual level of your argument you rely on generalizations. Thinking in the most general sense is being used as a means to disassociate infp primary functions from subordinate functions as you say;

"because these faculties are subordinate to Introverted Feeling, there is no objective percpetion or analysis of the external world, these activities are carred out as strictly means to the end of affirmation of the Fi inspired prejudices."

Solitary Walker,

You go from the idea that infp's subordinate function is thinking to the assertion that there is "no objective perception or analysis of the external world" for the infp. This is a fallacy if ever I read one. Subordinate does not mean non existent, and it most certainly does not mean one dimensional. Let me ask you, are you not relying on thought to convey a prejudice, which whether you'd like to admit it or not reinforces your own reality or world view? Maybe this is why in another post you say that there is no such thing as opinion ( a good way to reinforce your own reality, despite the fact that you are describing a claim). However, if there is no such thing as opinion, then your argument collapses--to think is "to have a particular opinion, belief, or idea about someone or something" (apple dictionary). Thoughts are not necessarily facts. What you conceive of as thinking is really opinion in this context. You have entered the hermeneutical loop and have projected it as something specific to the infp as having a "self serving world view" .

Infps constantly persecute themselves, not because they are running off pure emotions, but because they are actively looking at their own intentions. When I have a strong feeling, I either intuitively know why I feel the way I do, or I am actively looking for the intention and precondition behind the feeling. There is a reason why we are called process people, and it has a lot to do with the holistic (as opposed to compartmentalized) way in which we arrive at our thoughts. This is, whether you understand it or not, a rational process. Look up the word intuition, it's not some spacey half assed process-- it is a process of comprehension.

I think it's funny that the infp is specifically accused of having a self serving world view when the truth is that most human beings have a self serving world view. However, the perceiving function does not run in line with the sweeping generalization you make about infps, as perceivers look at many sides of an argument before they come to a decision. My convictions are reasoned, and open to new ideas. And there have been many instances that my belief in what is fair to a human being has made me seem too serious, too sensitive, too aggressive, too whatever, and frankly I don't give a shit how I look if it comes at the expense of my reasoned, intuitive beliefs which are based on how people are treated in the world (unless someone can give me a legit argument otherwise) -- which totally obliterates in my opinion (and I'm sure in many other infp's opinions) your claim that infps are " not fighting for anything noble, they did not even know what they were doing, they were merely acting out on their impulse to try to be liked by others, as they usually do."

Moon Wolf

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4/9
As an INFP guy I find I have a specific magnetism that I give off (that I can't turn off) - I will always turn heads and be "remembered" next time I enter the place and I stand out in a crowd without doing anything specific that would set me a part, I really don't know what it is so maybe that is what people sense??

soft

MBTI Type
infp
sexiness is not just a trait of many INFPs, it's part of the criteria.

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I would say i certianly am. lol Just kidding.

INFP guys, I wouldn't say are "sexy" but they're beautiful. Physically and emotionally. The romantic, quiet, artistic guys are totally my bag. :)

TrueHeart

MBTI Type
INFP
As an INFP guy I find I have a specific magnetism that I give off (that I can't turn off) - I will always turn heads and be "remembered" next time I enter the place and I stand out in a crowd without doing anything specific that would set me a part, I really don't know what it is so maybe that is what people sense??

You infuse the atmosphere with warmth, emanating your introverted feeling by way of your extraverted intuition.

(By "atmosphere" and "warmth", I am not talking about air or temperature.)

And you don't necessarily do it deliberately; you just do it by being, by being what you are.

Seriously.

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
INFP guys? Sexy? Good God, NO! Are you kidding?? LMAO. :rofl1: :yim_rolling_on_the_

Girls on the other hand... :wubbie:

KDude

I'm pretty sure I am. When I can almost convince a woman to walk out with me while her husband's 5 feet away (just testing), a cute bartender later, and have girls ask me if they can squeeze my ass as I say goodbye.. all at the same party, then I'm sure something is working. Sorry, I have to drop the b.s. and be authentic. :laugh: Maybe I'm Fe because I care too much about some of you finger waggers who'd secretly judge me. I don't know why I care. :thinking: I'm not a bad guy.. it was just a stage. I never act on the bad stuff, fortunately.

Anyways, whatever. It still doesn't make a difference. I think. Are INFPs are supposed to be completely lame?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm pretty sure I am. When I can almost convince a woman to walk out with me while her husband's 5 feet away (just testing), a cute bartender later, and have girls ask me if they can squeeze my ass as I say goodbye.. all at the same party, then I'm sure something is working. Sorry, I have to drop the b.s. and be authentic. :laugh: Maybe I'm Fe because I care too much about some of you finger waggers who'd secretly judge me. I don't know why I care. :thinking: I'm not a bad guy.. it was just a stage. I never acted on the bad stuff, fortunately.

Anyways, whatever. It still doesn't make a difference. I think. Are INFPs are supposed to completely lame?

:wubbie: Turn up that NF-charm more often, dear, I'd love a demo :D

I have to agree though, INFPs have this quiet, warm, innocent glow to them that can be incredibly magnetizing...kinda like a warm blanket that softly caresses your skin... :drool: