• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Are INFPs "sexy"?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From INFPs I know, I would say they have a smoldering quality. Which to me means sexual allure that is under the surface, not quite so outwardly expressed. So, is it sexy? Probably not to some as it is such a radical departure from what is commonly classified as sexy: the oh-so-conventional cliched hotness and that slightly try-hard brand of hyperactive flirtatiousness. But I think it can be very refreshing. INFPs that I have been close to (females in particular) exhibit a long simmering sensuality that is set aside for the one that they love. Yet its not repressed, it is really really lavished on that partner and explored without fear. And that is really beautiful. Perhaps this doesn't sound type specific at all, but I can only speak about the ones I know.

:)

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I think she's infp - saw it listed somewhere.
naomi-watts-1.jpg

rowingineden

MBTI Type
iNfp
Enneagram
9w1
Well I don't know about all o' them, but I sure as hell am. I be attractin' males, females, gays, straights... everybody wants to join this party.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Well I don't know about all o' them, but I sure as hell am. I be attractin' males, females, gays, straights... everybody wants to join this party.

One of the best posts I have ever read.

Razvan

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9v8
From INFPs I know, I would say they have a smoldering quality. Which to me means sexual allure that is under the surface, not quite so outwardly expressed. So, is it sexy? Probably not to some as it is such a radical departure from what is commonly classified as sexy: the oh-so-conventional cliched hotness and that slightly try-hard brand of hyperactive flirtatiousness. But I think it can be very refreshing. INFPs that I have been close to (females in particular) exhibit a long simmering sensuality that is set aside for the one that they love. Yet its not repressed, it is really really lavished on that partner and explored without fear. And that is really beautiful. Perhaps this doesn't sound type specific at all, but I can only speak about the ones I know.

Yeah, it kind of fits the profile. We definitely don't fit in the regular clichees.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
One of the best posts I have ever read.

Agree! :solidarity:

My flirting isn't that subtle when I get going. I just look at them with an exaggerated dramatic look. We aren't all that shy.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Sometimes. It can happen when they're neither trying to be nor too aware of the possibility. Otherwise it's just funny.

xotwinnieox

MBTI Type
INFP
I would be completely flattered from the pages of "yes, you're sexy" if I actually felt it were true irl.

I find that to really see the beauty/"sexiness" in INFPs, there's a large, almost insurmountable wall of insecurities/vulnerabilities you have to conquer first and honestly, few do. So in theory, INFPs can be "innocent and beautiful" but to outsiders, I at least, seem more neurotic than anything else.

It's especially difficult to express my INFPness when my quirky, random opinions are sometimes followed by "o_0...", at which point people stop trying to get to know that "dreamier" core my being resides in.

I don't know if it's just me but recently I've also made people feel more guilty about themselves. Once I start talking about my principles and values, there are some ppl who respect my adherence to my values but there are others who feel like they can't communicate with me anymore in fear that they will taint my innocence or that I won't understand. They wouldn't know about the darker, rebellious side of me if I don't explicitly tell them about it.

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
to outsiders, I at least, seem more neurotic than anything else.

[...]

I don't know if it's just me but recently I've also made people feel more guilty about themselves. Once I start talking about my principles and values, there are some ppl who respect my adherence to my values but there are others who feel like they can't communicate with me anymore in fear that they will taint my innocence or that I won't understand. They wouldn't know about the darker, rebellious side of me if I don't explicitly tell them about it.

Neuroticism is sexy because it's a sign that there's a lot going on in you, a lot of chaos. A lot of difficult animalistic feelings that can't be properly expressed. ... hott.

Guilt is hot because it's the edge of self-improvement... someone that makes you feel guilty is attractive because you have things to learn from them.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
of course. there are millions of different types of sexy.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Neuroticism is sexy because it's a sign that there's a lot going on in you, a lot of chaos. A lot of difficult animalistic feelings that can't be properly expressed. ... hott.

Guilt is hot because it's the edge of self-improvement... someone that makes you feel guilty is attractive because you have things to learn from them.

in that case, it sounds like you would find a lot of poor, homeless, malnourished and destitute people sexy. they're both neurotic and guilt ridden :laugh:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFPs are extremely sexy
1) they're natural and unimposing. they don't try to force sexuality with scripted social protocol
2) they're cute and cuddly, like if a teddy bear were sexually attractive
3) they're very easy to bond with

Jade Curtiss

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought about it, and these are some of the reason why INFP's are sexy to me:

Highly intuitive women are sexy.
Something about them is so soft and warm and feminine, just waiting to be corrupted.
They have a certain sadness about them.
They are always on some kind of meaningful personal quest, this is attractive.

This. My ideal female would be INFP. INFJ a close second.

There's something about their dreamy, quirky, innocent demeanor, and the fact they often seem to be unaware of how attractive they are that is irresistable.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This. My ideal female would be INFP. INFJ a close second.

There's something about their dreamy, quirky, innocent demeanor, and the fact they often seem to be unaware of how attractive they are that is irresistable.

not that I have any idea the type of people you work with best on a regular basis, but it seems to me like INTP + INFJ would usually have better chemistry than INTP + INFP. similarly, I see INFP + INTJ being a good combo. that being said, you're clearly an INTP with well developed Fi (or at least you understand and appreciate it) so maybe an INFP woman would work best for you (all types like to be understood, but INFPs in particular really love when someone can understand how they tick)

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
in that case, it sounds like you would find a lot of poor, homeless, malnourished and destitute people sexy. they're both neurotic and guilt ridden :laugh:

Well that's just good practice for when I become homeless myself someday.

I'll be swimmin in that shit.