• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ Values

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know these values are really important. What are they though? Which values do you see them (or you) having? The ones that are ubending or uncompromising?

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
How did this thread slip past me?

What do I value?

I value people; as Audrey Hepburn once said, "“People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.”

I value...Autonomy. Sometimes, I just want to left alone to do my thing, whatever it happens to be at the moment, so long as it doesn't harm anyone.

I value nature, the earth.

I value Spirit.

I value love, family, my heritage, my culture and my individuality.

I value flexibility and adaptability. Make plans, but leave room for a sudden inspiration.

I value an open mind. I believe that once your mind has been altered by an original idea, a deep understanding, it will never regain its former dimensions.

I value objectivity and common sense.

I value creativity and innovation.

I value kindness, mercy and compassion.

I value...

Authenticity.

Sel-control.

Quiet strength.

Second chances/redemption.

I value wonder and adventure,

Art
Poetry
Music

....education, discovery...

There are other things, but they don't come to mind at the moment.

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ
Ene gave a good summary.

I'd like to add that my valuing something doesn't always mean I demonstrate that in my life. I may value it particularly because I'm weak & lacking in that area.

Also, values have a hierarchy. Sometimes they come into conflict with one another, and one or the other has to win out. And that may change depending on the situation.

Some values, they're just my own and I don't expect others to share those values--just respect the fact that they're MY values. Other values, I expect other people to share and we can't be friends unless we all have these same particular values.

So, I guess, it's more than a list. It's more like a system of values.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My core values tend to be reduced to the most basic concepts, so that they can be applied with a similar result in the most possible contexts. I lack certainty about universal values and have spent long hours in my head trying to work out the best way to approach this question.

I think that ultimately my sense of values comes down to preferring a constructive outcome for the most living beings possible. I'm not able to hold to a specific applied value as universal. Even though I think it is important to not kill and destroy life, I'm not able to say that all killing is wrong because I know how concrete contexts can alter the nature of an ideal. There are contexts where I would not kill a spider and contexts where I would shoot to kill someone who threatened another's life. Values are a big problem to sort through because reality can always come up with a scenario where there is not a way to solve a problem constructively and still hold to an ideal. There are instances where not killing will result in death. That is the epitome of this problem of values.

I also have personal values, but I try not to universalize these.

I personally value empathy and connecting to other living beings, but also realize this can become intrusive when it is not desired by the recipient of my empathy.

I respect personal boundaries and privacy and feel that living beings should have personal ownership over their own life, feelings, perceptions, etc. This also includes placing importance on creativity because it is a direct expression of that personal ownership and right of personal presence in reality.

Compassion is acting upon concern for the well being of others and it is important. What that means when applied depends entirely on the recipient's needs and perceptions of those needs.

I think that rationality is generally important because it is the mindset that allows a person to accept the true nature of reality. If we become too separated in our perceptions to reality, then we risk making destructive decisions.

I reject arrogance, although I can see it has pragmatic use in some contexts when people are placed under pressure like on a battlefield. I think it is a dangerous mindset that leads to distortions of perception, lack of empathy, and cruelty.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=14857]fia[/MENTION]

I feel the same way about arrogance [not the same as boldness or confidence. I value both of those things]. I have little value for it.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ene gave a good summary.
I enjoyed reading [MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION]'s list. It had a very organic, ethereal feeling to it. :)

I'd like to add that my valuing something doesn't always mean I demonstrate that in my life. I may value it particularly because I'm weak & lacking in that area.
I relate to this especially in valuing rationality and inner peace. I admire people who can think clearly, and those who can respond to suffering with understanding and peace.

I should also add that at this point in my life I've started to value happiness and peace in a more focused way. I'm more willing to let go of other values that conflict with this. I used to value certain types of success, but now I can let go of anything related to accomplishment if it destroys peace and simple happiness. I've been working to reshape my life so that it has minimal stress and allows me to just be and to give my best to others without pressures and judgments intruding from the outside world.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I enjoyed reading [MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION]'s list. It had a very organic, ethereal feeling to it. :)

I relate to this especially in valuing rationality and inner peace. I admire people who can think clearly, and those who can respond to suffering with understanding and peace.

I should also add that at this point in my life I've started to value happiness and peace in a more focused way. I'm more willing to let go of other values that conflict with this. I used to value certain types of success, but now I can let go of anything related to accomplishment if it destroys peace and simple happiness. I've been working to reshape my life so that it has minimal stress and allows me to just be and to give my best to others without pressures and judgments intruding from the outside world.

I feel the same way about preserving my inner peace. That is my ultimate measuring stick as to what is worth pursuit and devotion for me and what isn't. I'm glad you pointed that out.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I value humility and kindness.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I started trying to reply, and then realized that the reply depended very much on the context the reader took it in, which depends on the experiences they bring when they read what I have to say.

In a nutshell, integrity, being kind but honest with people you are close to or in authority over, generosity, contentment, self-control, valuing human life and the fate of others, curiosity, excellence and willingness to improve, and reverence toward God are values that are particularly important to me.