• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFtensity - Wooosh!

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh! the NFs. I love NFtensity. Everyone else plays the cat at the beginning when they like someone in any context; that strange "you can pet me for five minutes, but then pretend we don't know each other" dance. NFs? The adorable puppy (and I mean that with all due respect).

"OMG PET ME PET ME PET ME LET'S PLAY YOU WANNA PLAY? I LIKE PLAYING!"

It engages the insecure part of me that is never sure if people actually like me or are simply humoring me, leaving no question of being appreciated. I likes :)

Plus later on playing with the matches, as PP so aptly put it, is just so much fun. I like winding ENFs up and watching them go off. The best part is the look of outrage when they realize it was deliberate.

OMGGGGGGGGG!!!! My husband does this ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!! And he gets such a kick out of the fact that I get all riled up. And then, he says, HEHEHEHE it's so easy!!!!!!!!!!! Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! :devil:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Tricksy hobbitses!

Just last night, I was speaking to a friend about this guy she was seeing that I really didn't like, and my sister informed me that once again, I gotta learn to ramp down the ENFJ intensity. Being told that I'm "a lot to take" is very discouraging. I know it's the truth though, so I'm trying to implement changes that will be good for me.

Apparently, even when I'm saying something nice, I look intense. I didn't know that! I'm a perfectly nice person! Sis says that she and our other friends have a good laugh about how I look like a T-Rex baring it's teeth when I'm meaning to just smile and be friendly. ahahhaah, that's kinda.... well... sorry, everyone! I'll do better!

Priam

MBTI Type
INTP
OMGGGGGGGGG!!!! My husband does this ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!! And he gets such a kick out of the fact that I get all riled up. And then, he says, HEHEHEHE it's so easy!!!!!!!!!!! Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! :devil:

The best part is how well it works even when they know it's what you're doing.

Tricksy hobbitses.

... what has she gots in her pocketses? *leer*

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

hahaha, you're awful, dude! :D Especially for those of us with the J suffix nagging the right-wrong constantly. Gets me in trouble! Me and my temper!

Hasn't gots no pocketses. :(

Which is a good thing.... as I would not be trusted with that dratted ring for a moment.

Priam

MBTI Type
INTP
hahaha, you're awful, dude! :D Especially for those of us with the J suffix nagging the right-wrong constantly. Gets me in trouble! Me and my temper!

I've suffered for my craft, but I count every bruise a mark of honor! No length is too far, no ass-kicking too severe, as long as in the end I've simultaneously offended someone's sense of right and wrong, and made them giggle about it.

Hasn't gots no pocketses. :(

Which is a good thing.... as I would not be trusted with that dratted ring for a moment.

Well if she hasn't got no pocketses, where are people supposed to put their hands...

MWAH!:wubbie:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've suffered for my craft, but I count every bruise a mark of honor! No length is too far, no ass-kicking too severe, as long as in the end I've simultaneously offended someone's sense of right and wrong, and made them giggle about it.

You, sir, are a menace! :D

Well if she hasn't got no pocketses, where are people supposed to put their hands...

MWAH!:wubbie:

Apparently, one theory is "down the back of her pants". Which was answered with another jab in the ribs. lol

Priam

MBTI Type
INTP
You, sir, are a menace! :D

Apparently, one theory is "down the back of her pants". Which was answered with another jab in the ribs. lol

:DWorth it!:D
2741767718_7a75250879_o.jpg

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
I gotta learn to ramp down the ENFJ intensity. Being told that I'm "a lot to take" is very discouraging. I know it's the truth though, so I'm trying to implement changes that will be good for me.

Hmm, yes. Apparently, as do I. I was just rejected by an ESTJ due to my intensity. Couldn't handle it! Boo.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm, yes. Apparently, as do I. I was just rejected by an ESTJ due to my intensity. Couldn't handle it! Boo.

Really? hahaha! My ENFP twin might have some pertinent comments to add here as well! :D

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I hope "intensity" isn't being thrown around as code word for "drama queens/kings."

I don't know how a person can be exuberant, enthusiastic, and entertaining and not be overwhelming. And if you're overwhelming people on a consistent basis that probably means they're running away from you holding their severed limbs. Emotionally intense people tend to experience a lot of highs and lows which is fun in spurts but is draining in the long run. If this is what people mean when they say they're intense then I'm not it. I don't like to scare people away from me. I don't mind acting up to entertain people or to get laughs, but I think I'm pretty even keeled emotionally.

But then again I may not be NF. :ninja:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Yeah....I just love it, LOVE IT!!!! I practically beg for it because it is just so fun. Sure I know the dynamic, and I just love playing around. It's the little girl in me!! :cool:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ah, I love you ENFPs. (I only leave out the ENFJs because I don't know any in real life.) Every one of you deserves to find someone that you can share your NFtensity with!

Since I am *I*NFP, I have control over my NFtensity at all times. Yup, it never gets out of hand with me. No siree!

:peepwall:

sketcheasy

MBTI Type
ENFP
Ah, I love you ENFPs. (I only leave out the ENFJs because I don't know any in real life.) Every one of you deserves to find someone that you can share your NFtensity with!

Since I am *I*NFP, I have control over my NFtensity at all times. Yup, it never gets out of hand with me. No siree!

man... i wish i had that...

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
I am going absolutely insane right now trying not to let myself call or text this girl...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

sketcheasy

MBTI Type
ENFP
I am going absolutely insane right now trying not to let myself call or text this girl...

jake, you are always freaking out when a girl doesn't text you back. breathe mate, breathe. i usually go do something to not think about it for a while. hang in there my brother.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Not me!!!!! Except when I teach...then I remain professional of course.

But when I am with friends I can trust or my husband, then WHOOOOOSH, just like my avatar!!!

Oh, and if I do not care what people think about me, like on the bus or in public where people don't know me, WHOOOOOOSH!!! :devil:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

HAHAHA! I can relate all too well!!!!!!!!!! :D That's why I love to have rationals around me.

Perfect example: I have an aunt with whom I used to get along famously - we were like sisters rather than having an aunt-niece relationship. Then she turned "weird," and starting to get manipulative. For example, she insisted on the fact that I had to dump my husband or she wouldn't talk to me anymore - and my husband is a wonderful man, so it is not like she had a REASON to say that. :wtf: So I had to break contact. She also basically used me several times. She's an NT that makes the whole pack look like a bunch of manipulative, controlling monsters.

So anyway, every once in a while, I feel really bad about the situation, start second-guessing myself and thinking it was all my fault. You know, typical whatever-it-is taking over my Ne. Then my husband sits me down, looks me in the eye with his serious, rational tone and says:

"Okay, lets think about this a second. Your aunt used you for work even though she knew you needed the money. She's selfish and egotistical. She will use your good nature against you. She tried to make you give me up. THINK about this a minute!!!

I know you, and if you get into contact with her again, she will just hurt you. People do not change. I do not want to see you get hurt. Just let it go."

Whewwwwwwwwww, it helps to have a T for a husband. He appeals to and reminds me of my tertiary Te, which generally kicks in one minute before twelve and says, "WHOAAAAAAAAA...reign in that Fi, now, hon....Use that Ne, and remember what is really going on here."

Damn, I hate to admit it, but there are times when Bluey is right. When my Fi takes over, it is like WHOOOOOOOOOOOSH, and my Ne and Te just go WHOOOOOOOSHing away.

Same thing with positive feelings. When I like someone, I want to call them every second. Duuuude, not a good thing. And damn, I KNOW IT. But that little crazy Fi just goes jumping, jumping, jumping.

Or for example, when I get excited. Ne and Fi go into overkill. Like I want to start this new idea, so I had to e-mail some people. And the bastids haven't written me back yet. I've been complaining non-stop. "Darling!!! They haven't written back. They don't want me to do it. But I know I can do it, and I know I would be good, so God damn it!!! What is their problem?!?!?! Should I write them again? Did they get my e-mail?!?!?!"

And he tells me, "CAROLYN!!! Now do you remember what I told you!?!?!?!? These things take TIME - things like this do not happen overnight. Just stay calm - you need to be PATIENT!!! It will happen - trust me. And if it doesn't, we will find another way."

And I say, "Patient?!?!?! What does that mean????"

But he is right. Again, thank god I have a T for a husband. And because I think he has a good command of N as well, he knows how to argue rationally in a way that calms me down and does not totally piss me off.

If he had said, "DUDE, what is your effing problem? Why is this so important to you? It's just a silly project, not the end of the world. Why are you always so crazy and irrational, damn it?!!?!?! Get a mind. Grow a mind. Buy a mind. But get OVER IT!!!" I would have TOTALLY flipped out.

Ahhhhhh, thank god I have my husband to balance out this crazy rampant Fi sometimes. Good thing it only comes out to play once in a great while like that.