• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] How do you as an "NF" view your Connection to others??

oneandonly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Connection can either be an association... In which a relationship is based on mutual input or extenuating factors.
Is connection just a result of labor?

Or is connection something that is almost a faith.. An invisible line from you to another person.. An energy.. A shared mindful state.

How Do you see connection?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For me connection just is, everything is connected by default. It's a web so dense it's a medium, it's so ubiquitous that it's sometimes invisible. From then on, it comes down to describing how any thing or anybody is connected and then 'playing' from there. Aligning vibrations, tuning harmonics, sometimes creating dissonance.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Closer to an energy, but it's not only awareness (I absolutely loathe the word "mindful" now, for reasons I won't go off into a tangent on). I don't approach relationship with tally marks, so I don't measure it in terms of who does what. There are times in any relationship that there will be unevenness in giving and taking, and love (which is what I consider the ultimate connection) is about valuing the essence of someone, not how they make you feel or what they do for you. The relationship itself is closer to a dance, and the connection is the energy between you, what makes you naturally flow better with them than someone else. It's a lot more of an active dynamic than an awareness, but it's not necessarily literal action.

I don't believe in blind faith either. I think faith is built on evident realities perceived through the effects of whatever intangible thing you have out faith into. In other words, the connection is evident in its results, although time and distance can affect how it manifests.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
well, I feel confident being an F ...and there is a strong chance that I am NF... so ...let's just go into make-believe land and see how I view connection to others, as an 'NF"

I generally do not feel close to others. You can be in someone's life and still not feel all that much for that person. You can go shopping together, go out and see movies, you can even simply hang out and maybe even share some details about your personal/internal world... but at the end of the day, when I actually experience a connection ...it is a strange pull towards a person. It is not something to be controlled by actions. For example, I can't say "Oh well, I told person X all the things about me... so it must mean that we're close." A connection is spontaneous. For me, a connection literally comes out of no where almost and there are no words for it, but it's like a force of nature that directs the course of a meaningful relationship. ...I guess it's like a car ride ...but I am not behind the wheel.

melomania

MBTI Type
INFP
Closer to an energy, but it's not only awareness (I absolutely loathe the word "mindful" now, for reasons I won't go off into a tangent on). I don't approach relationship with tally marks, so I don't measure it in terms of who does what. There are times in any relationship that there will be unevenness in giving and taking, and love (which is what I consider the ultimate connection) is about valuing the essence of someone, not how they make you feel or what they do for you. The relationship itself is closer to a dance, and the connection is the energy between you, what makes you naturally flow better with them than someone else. It's a lot more of an active dynamic than an awareness, but it's not necessarily literal action.

I don't believe in blind faith either. I think faith is built on evident realities perceived through the effects of whatever intangible thing you have out faith into. In other words, the connection is evident in its results, although time and distance can affect how it manifests.

Relationships feel like a dance for me as well. I can usually tell as soon as I meet someone how much of a connection we're going to have. There have been times where I don't connect with people because something just feels off. Like there's a wall between us or our energy is bouncing off of each other instead of flowing together.