• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Ni Fi Si Ti... what would that look like??

oneandonly

MBTI Type
INFJ
I know, it is not a type. But hypothetically here, what would be the description of this person? Are they just extraordinarily introverted?

velveteen

Senior citizen
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
egocentric, super-subjective and about 350% detached from reality. I'm not even sure that person would be physically able to communicate with the external world.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
I know, it is not a type. But hypothetically here, what would be the description of this person? Are they just extraordinarily introverted?

Someone whose introverted functions were all more developed than extraverted functions would probably be highly original, but delusional by extension.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
If you take a cognitive function test, you are likely to find that the development of your functions doesn't line up with what is expected for your type (mine is Ni - Fi - Ti - Te for example). Most people are not walking stereotypes of their types

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
If you take a cognitive function test, you are likely to find that the development of your functions doesn't line up with what is expected for your type (mine is Ni - Fi - Ti - Te for example). Most people are not walking stereotypes of their types

The test is crap. Its impossible to have both Ti and Te because Ti and Te are not different functions(or actually functions at all), the function is T and I/E of the function just refers to whether you trust the subjective or objective factors more. And because those things are in opposition with each other, one function cant trust two opposing factors -> the other one gets repressed and is met with distrust, except maybe in schizophrenia, which is exactly about this sort of thing(subjective and objective world mixing together to create hallucinations, delusions etc which are seen in the objective world, but originate from the subjective).
But what makes this more complicated(and which fools those crappy tests) is that for example INTJ will be primarily oriented by the subjective factor, but the subjective factor is not coming from T, it comes from N and F. So an INTJ might be using N and F to come up with possibilities and evaluate worth of thinking that was oriented by objective factors when the thinking process took place, but is put together by subjective intuition.

This is the basics of typology and if someone doesent understand this, they dont understand type nearly at all, sorry. Sure they might know how certain types generally act or process stuff, but thats why i underlined the word understand.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The test is crap. Its impossible to have both Ti and Te because Ti and Te are not different functions(or actually functions at all), the function is T and I/E of the function just refers to whether you trust the subjective or objective factors more. And because those things are in opposition with each other, one function cant trust two opposing factors -> the other one gets repressed and is met with distrust, except maybe in schizophrenia, which is exactly about this sort of thing(subjective and objective world mixing together to create hallucinations, delusions etc which are seen in the objective world, but originate from the subjective).
But what makes this more complicated(and which fools those crappy tests) is that for example INTJ will be primarily oriented by the subjective factor, but the subjective factor is not coming from T, it comes from N and F. So an INTJ might be using N and F to come up with possibilities and evaluate worth of thinking that was oriented by objective factors when the thinking process took place, but is put together by subjective intuition.

This is the basics of typology and if someone doesent understand this, they dont understand type nearly at all, sorry. Sure they might know how certain types generally act or process stuff, but thats why i underlined the word understand.

Psychology is subjective.