• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] any NF that has started a business?

niki

MBTI Type
INFP
if there is, i'm just curious as to:
1. what field of business you're into?
2. is it what you're really passionate at,..or like my STJ parents often said: "whatever OPPORTUNITY that comes first! there's NO enjoy or not enjoying! work IS work!" ?
3. how do you start it? ie: can you explain the very-basic things that you need to do in order to start the business?
4. how hard/easy is it?
5. do you make big money on it? ..what if somebody (or especially ur parents) tell you that "the business doesn't worth anything, 'cuz it only makes a SMALL amount of money?" , would u succumb to it, and give up the business? or ignore it, and continue doing it?

please share your experiences here, as i'm very curious with all these (thinking of possibly starting one, amidst mounting pressures especially from my parents. i'm 26 yrs old, btw...sigh..i'm not that 'young' anymore eh.. gotta need to plan really seriously for my future)

thanks!

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
if there is, i'm just curious as to:
1. what field of business you're into?
2. is it what you're really passionate at,..or like my STJ parents often said: "whatever OPPORTUNITY that comes first! there's NO enjoy or not enjoying! work IS work!" ?
3. how do you start it? ie: can you explain the very-basic things that you need to do in order to start the business?
4. how hard/easy is it?
5. do you make big money on it? ..what if somebody (or especially ur parents) tell you that "the business doesn't worth anything, 'cuz it only makes a SMALL amount of money?" , would u succumb to it, and give up the business? or ignore it, and continue doing it?

please share your experiences here, as i'm very curious with all these (thinking of possibly starting one, amidst mounting pressures especially from my parents. i'm 26 yrs old, btw...sigh..i'm not that 'young' anymore eh.. gotta need to plan really seriously for my future)

thanks!

Are there coaches in Indonesia? A good friend (ENFP) recently became a personal coach, which is indeed a business. She's doing something she loves, but it's still a challenge getting customers, setting up an office, staying organized, etc.

Are there small business fairs in Indonesia? You might go online and see the kind we have in the US for ideas - something might click.

The key to writing is to write what you know. The key to starting a business is to do something you like or at least are good at doing. What do you like to do? What are your best job skills? Starting a business just to make lots of money doesn't seem like a very easy prospect.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Niki, I knew nothing at all about starting a business (you'd think a power-mad ENFJ would know, but alas, I did not.... :D ) until I got a helping hand from a friend in business school. She's helped me draft up a usable business plan which plotted out expenses and helped me to standardize some of my products and expectations. Very fortunate for me! Also, there's an association of retired business owners in our area that you can make an appt with and get free advice. Do you have anything like that?

Motor Jax

MBTI Type
INFJ
i'm planning on starting a business down the road... i work in IT and electrical work, so i am thinking about just going around, fixing all different stuff as i like to b on the move, love to meet people, love to work on anything electrical and i love the change of scenery

something i could definitely be passionate about

vince

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w
i'm planning on starting a business down the road... i work in IT and electrical work, so i am thinking about just going around, fixing all different stuff as i like to b on the move, love to meet people, love to work on anything electrical and i love the change of scenery

something i could definitely be passionate about

Same here. I've done that kind of work for 5 years (all kinds of computer repairs on the road) and figured "since I'm already doing just about everything for this company -the repairs, a lot of administration, customer relationships etc.- I might as well work for myself".
However, instead I started working as an IT/Office manager for a medium-sized construction firm, last year.

The thing that keeps me from starting a business is that you're never done with it. I need the downtime. When I get home from work now I'm at least able to switch off work. If I had my own business it may be too much. Too many hours for instance.

niki

MBTI Type
INFP
*please continue the thread discussion*

what i've usually heard, though (& what's possibly can be overwhelming to NF), is of how much you can get your life sucked-out by the time you've established ur small business (ie: have u heard the story about the cook/chef who've wanted to start a restaurant business, but turned out after awhile, he can only look OTHER people who cooks, and he himself is just too-busy running daily routines like the business-stuff, which he doesn't really like).

this is what's been keeping me from starting a small-business !
i'm afraid eventually i'll become 'sucked-out' and to drown myself too-much in the business routinity, rather than the JOB aspect that drew me to love it at the 1st place.

and also,
let's suppose you have an idea, to open an IT/office manager.
then afterwards, what would you do ? what is the next CONCRETE steps ??
writing a business-plan? (how to?)
or start finding network?
find a place & building for office? (how to?)

this part is just reallly confusing for me, to be honest.
as i don't know 'what' to do...even if i have some really crazy (& very original) business-ideas.
yeah...my 'enterpreneurial', or rather, my 'business' skill sucks so badly... :/

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
ENFP's + ENTJ's = successful business

niki

MBTI Type
INFP

so does this simply mean that NF's are basically, or at least generally, not suited for doing business (or starting up, and then following through & managing it in a daily basis to get succesful), and especially, the 'corporate' kind of business?

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA

From growing up with one, I know this is a killer combination. Very creative and daring with what we'd take on, and it never seemed like work. The ENTJ factor also seemed to make me a finisher, which was a nice change.