• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs and perception of "well-likedness"

autumn

MBTI Type
eNFP
Awhile ago, in one of the other ENFP discussions, it was said at least once that ENFPs will sometimes be quite popular, yet without realizing the extent to which they are well-liked. What have your experiences been (either yourself as an ENFP, or with other people who are of that type)? And if this is so, and is somehow an "ENFP thing," why do you think this is?

autumn

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
i dunno lately, i been in a funk...

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
On a couple occasions, I have had someone who I didn't realise even noticed me turn around and go, "You're so nice!" or some other random compliment, which always sort of surprises me.

I guess when I want to be, I'm pretty likeable. :)

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
I would say that it's because ENFPs are easy to talk to, and they generally like meeting new people. Both ENFPs I am friends with have greater breadth than depth when it comes to their friendships. All it takes is one good first impression for people to like you, really.

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
Hmm... well, it's nice to be likeable! Yet, I don't think I aspire to be liked by everyone in a popular intentional sort of way. Like arcticangel, I don't believe I am really aware of it. As ENFP, I mostly love to entertain and send exuberant appreciation towards those I deem especially awesome and desire to receive their enjoyment of me in return. If I like you, I hope you like me!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The ENFP can often get so wrapped up in possibilities and connections that they neglect what is right in front of them. ENFPs I've known personally are aware of their popularity, but don't really value it like the ESFP.

Anyway, that is one INFP's observations.

SillyGoose

MBTI Type
EXXP
For being as aware as I am of my environment, I am awfully dense when it comes to myself. It wasn't until I was elected homecoming queen that I realized that a lot of people liked me.

I'm more prone to notice and care when someone doesn't like me.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Awhile ago, in one of the other ENFP discussions, it was said at least once that ENFPs will sometimes be quite popular, yet without realizing the extent to which they are well-liked. What have your experiences been (either yourself as an ENFP, or with other people who are of that type)? And if this is so, and is somehow an "ENFP thing," why do you think this is?

autumn

I'm not personally aware if I'm popular or not. It doens't really matter if I'm popular because it's not the general popularity that I'm mainly interested in. I'm more interested in discussing with individual people and getting along, having a good time with people etc. So, it's more important to have interesting and fun people around than being popular. I do notice straight away if somebody (an individual) does not like me.

sketcheasy

MBTI Type
ENFP
i assume i'm really not that popular... but i went and isolated myself for a few weeks and everybody was thrown off by it. they were like, where the hell did vince go?!

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
Hmm... well, it's nice to be likeable! Yet, I don't think I aspire to be liked by everyone in a popular intentional sort of way. Like arcticangel, I don't believe I am really aware of it. As ENFP, I mostly love to entertain and send exuberant appreciation towards those I deem especially awesome and desire to receive their enjoyment of me in return. If I like you, I hope you like me!

Dudet, quit stealing words outta ma mouf.

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
i assume i'm really not that popular... but i went and isolated myself for a few weeks and everybody was thrown off by it. they were like, where the hell did vince go?!

Don't do that too long, because then they're surprised when you make your phoenix-like return. :)

sketcheasy

MBTI Type
ENFP
Don't do that too long, because then they're surprised when you make your phoenix-like return. :)

hahaha, yeah. they didn't verbalize it though. i guess they were just glad i was back. i didn't really stay inside more than i just changed my scenery for a while. met lots of new people, expanded my network and so on.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
I guess.. :smile:It's wierd especially when I go out to random places people will remember me way back from high school (8-9 years ago?). I have no clue how they remember me. But, it somewhat makes me happy to see that they still recognize me after all these years.

Whenever I go to places where I used to work, the elder co-workers tend to always remember my name/say hi. They make me feel like family. One lady told me before I quit, "If you ever quit, I'm leaving my job. No one has ever made this place so happy since you came. You always smile. I'd be really sad to see you leave.." Touched my heart.

In our own ways, I guess ENFPs are impressionable..

incomple...

MBTI Type
PINT
Well, I was looking for the ENFP appreciation thread and could not find it. I dunno why, because all ENFPs I've met so far are really nice people and you guys definately deserve one. :hug: Everytime I learn to know an ENFP we instantly talk about everything. There is no such thing as "warming up". It's just BANG! - and here we go! I just instantly feel comfortably around you.

So you ENFPs are really exciting people and fun to hang around with. :)

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
ENFPs I've known personally are aware of their popularity, but don't really value it like the ESFP.

[Small wall of text]
Popularity is definitely a coin with two sides to it. Its so easy to make friends that once every acquaintance you pass thinks they're a good friend of yours because of how open conversation gets around you, you're perpetually stuck in conversation if you're in an environment where you're well known.

Now, since I love conversation and treat it like a good woman, I'm perfectly fine with talking to everybody I've ever met. Its just when everybody wants to talk to me at once, or when I can't get through my introductory statement to one person before someone else walks up to ask "Whats up" and start their very own conversation with me that things get difficult.

The biggest downside of this coin is when you're not feeling good, be it sick, emotional problems caused by someone else, etc, everybody wants to talk to you like you're your usual jovial self when really you just want to sit back and ignore everyone.
[/Small wall of text]

A good first impression, and I have another member of the fanclub for the rest of the college semester. :p

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
My popularity has always been a social product, and has never been a personal pursuit.

Mighty Mouse

MBTI Type
ENFP
In speaking for myself, I tend to treat people the same in the sense that I don't see anyone as better than anyone else.

I also am not one for airs or drama or things that are conflictual.

In my case, I also don't know if well-liked is as true as being seen as "interesting". I am true to myself and say what I have to say without being offensive and I think this has made the biggest impression of all.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8

autumn

Are you refering to the extent of the fondness or the extent of the adoring populus? To the former, I don't think the liking is that dramatic. They think I'm fun... good enough. Regarding how many people like me, I'd say very few people don't like me. I'm not that scandalous, and it takes a lot to bring out my dark side.

Now, making a strong impression on strangers without realizing it may be an ENFP thing. We're weird, we're passionate/energetic, and we're everywhere (varied interests often translates to joining many clubs). Nevertheless, I don't know that underestimating one's popularity is an ENFP thing.