• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] 100% F?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I've created a '100% something' thread in the bondfire. It'll be more efficient to centralize all the 100% and get some observations \ feedbacks.

::):

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
shortnsweet said:
but I think that desperado is a strongly feeling-preferenced person anyway.. 100% or not.
I agree with that!

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've created a '100% something' thread in the bondfire. It'll be more efficient to centralize all the 100% and get some observations \ feedbacks.

::):

Yea that's a good idea now we can change over from this dumb thread.

Desperado44

MBTI Type
ENFJ
^What does that mean for you desparado? Just curious.
How does being a strong F affect your life?

Being an F for me is not about being a very emotional unlogical person.

For me its about making decisions that take my own feelings into consideration, and others, too. I am level headed and use logic to help make my decisions but I am very people oriented and value kindness and all the lovely niceties that come with being a feeler. So i'm not making decisions at everyone's expense including my own, but rather incorporating both logic and feelings to make the best decision in the end. Sometimes you have to make cold hard logic-based decisions in life, but it is usually not necissary.

Wow.

I definitely has gotten me in trouble. I have a VERY difficult time getting excited to do anything unless I'm 'inspired' to do it....

I do everything with passion. Which meant I get sucked into bad girls on occassion and have a love of some aspects of violence (football, a good fight)

I'm very compassionate...which is great with kids....but not with adults that take advantage of you.

I've noticed over the past year that being so 'emotional' has made my love life rocky. I can literally walk into a room of 200 women and find the ONE who is most vulnerable...which gets my heart going......NOT GOOD.....

I've been very disappointed with the lack of passion/feeling that some women have....

On the other hand, I'm proud of my friendships and I'm definitely the 'go to' guy for all in my circle.

There is good....and there is bad :)

Unique

'T: I'm DEFINITELY a T, 100%. I pretty much have no emotions, compassion, etc. I live strictly by logic and scientific facts... have fully denounced religion and spirituality of any kind. I am a total pessimist and only believe in the evil in humanity. I wouldn't be caught dead doing social work, volunteering, or any other "do-gooder" type activities. I won't give money to homeless, or to charities for that matter. I'm a fucking asshole, through and through.'

Said one INTP.

I wonder what somebody who considers themselves to be 100% F would say. NFs, those of you who consider yourself '100% F', try to draw a parallel with this please. I'd like to hear from INFPs especially on this one!

If I told you to go and kill a bird. Would you would say:

"That's not logical"

There's no logical reason for why you shouldn't unless you have compassion for the bird ;)

My point is, every human has emotion if put in the right situation. We use all the functions, MBTI was always about preferences for one over the other.

Brutus01

MBTI Type
INFP
Anyone who knows me can tell you that i am completely devoid of Logic. My decisions are dictated entirely by how i feel about them, and i find myself innately despising anything that is stuck in the bounds of reason. Even in math class i would go on my gut feelings (which is why i almost always failed). I would say i am a hypersensitive F who sucks up all the emotions around me, 100% F? No, but close. :blush:

Unique

Anyone who knows me can tell you that i am completely devoid of Logic. My decisions are dictated entirely by how i feel about them, and i find myself innately despising anything that is stuck in the bounds of reason. Even in math class i would go on my gut feelings (which is why i almost always failed). I would say i am a hypersensitive F who sucks up all the emotions around me, 100% F? No, but close. :blush:

You sound awesome ;D maths is so terrible :frown:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
'T: I'm DEFINITELY a T, 100%. I pretty much have no emotions, compassion, etc. I live strictly by logic and scientific facts... have fully denounced religion and spirituality of any kind. I am a total pessimist and only believe in the evil in humanity. I wouldn't be caught dead doing social work, volunteering, or any other "do-gooder" type activities. I won't give money to homeless, or to charities for that matter. I'm a fucking asshole, through and through.'

Said one INTP.

I wonder what somebody who considers themselves to be 100% F would say. NFs, those of you who consider yourself '100% F', try to draw a parallel with this please. I'd like to hear from INFPs especially on this one!
I'm not 100% F, but that description does not sound 100% T to me. Being a "fucking asshole" is only logical and reasoned in certain scenarios when it produces a desired outcome based on analysis of the situation. To hold to that position regardless of context or consequence is a deeply personalized approach to life that is not objective. Sometimes there is clear reason to not be pessimistic and sometimes extending help to another person can be reasoned and not an impulse of sympathy. Thinking of humanity as "evil" is also embedded in a subjective perspective. It is equivalent in principle to thinking humanity is "good" in the same way that pessimism and optimism are equivalent in principle, but opposite in application.

I've known a few people irl that I would describe as rather close to 100% T and they are more akin to Data or Mr. Spock. They are quite calm, consistent, and certainly not what I would call assholes, but not emotionally sensitive either. They rarely (if ever) take things personally, but their initial response to everything is problem solving. Rather than thinking humanity is good or evil, one strong T I know examined the differences between long-term and short-term problem solving and how that related to what people often label as good or evil. These strong T's approach humanity in a similar way that a biologist might study apes, in that pessimism, evil, and such concepts are irrelevant.

edit: I will add that my mother is as close to 100% F as I can imagine. She experiences life in a deeply personal manner. The limitation is a tendency to project outward because the complexity and depth of the inner world overwhelms the larger, colder reality of things. The strength in her is her ability to grasp the internal world of another person for all its complexity and uniqueness. She is able to really understand and not pass judgment on others who experience hardship uniquely in their lives. That inner complexity, depth, and uniqueness is vivid to her.