• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] How do you live, NF?

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Rural area. I like it here.
It's the dream come true even if there could be a bit more people around for a extrovert like me. ;)

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
In what kinda building in what kind of area do you live? What would be the ideal way to live for you?

I am currently between residences. Soon I will live in very nice condo 1.4 miles from work.

My ideal home would be:

- near a body of water
- private hottub in the back (I recently discovered the benefits and pleasures of such a thing)
- fireplace
- rambling garden with lots of rosemary and hydrangea
- hardwood floors
- bungalo style
- it must be quiet - this is nonnegotiable; preferably a community that has outlawed bass booster in cars; yeah yeah yeah - it's pie in the sky but a girl can dream

I don't need much more... my tastes are relatively simple.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
In a white house in the country with about 4 acres of land. Peaceful, quiet, reserved from space and time; just how I like it. My own private sanctuary of tranquil bliss.

MrRandom

MBTI Type
INFJ
I live alone on a rented apartment in the center of a big city. And that's exactly how I want it... I want to live where all the people and services are. However, I need this personal space in the center of it all. I need my solitude.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
In a white house in the country with about 4 acres of land. Peaceful, quiet, reserved from space and time; just how I like it. My own private sanctuary of tranquil bliss.

How the hell did you make that happen?

I want what you have.

Sequestered

MBTI Type
INFP
What would be the ideal way to live for you?

Ideal for me would be a studio apartment (easier to keep clean) with a balcony in a highrise building in a large city; a place where none of my neighbors say hello or drop by; a place with no doorman that I'd feel obligated to say hello to every time I exit and enter the building. A place where I can be anonymous.

As a weekend get-away I'd like a one-room shack in the mountains; no electricity or running water would be fine (as long as there were no bugs).

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
Gotta be in the city, son! Must be where the people are!! Woohoo!

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
I live in the on-campus Residence Hall at the university I attend. Well, I don't just simply live there, I am one of the 3 Area Coordinators that coordinate the Resident Assistant (RA) Staff and the building.

I'm living the city now, but I am from a small country county of roughly 2,000 people.

Ideally... I don't have too much of a preference about where I live. I would like to build my own house one day, but I don't know if I'll ever be able to do that on a University Teacher's salary! Friendly neighborhoods have always appealed to me. In the country my nearest neighbor is about a mile away, lol. Gated communities don't sound to shabby, either.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Ideally... I don't have too much of a preference about where I live. I would like to build my own house one day, but I don't know if I'll ever be able to do that on a University Teacher's salary!

Building the £4,000 Eco-Home : Step by step guide | DevicePedia.com

My recommendation would be to go with double stone walls instead of straw bales, though. The straw might last for 30 years. Double stone walls will do the same job and last centuries.

Cost that guy 4k pounds ($8000 more or less). If he can do it, you can do it. :D

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP

Cost that guy 4k pounds ($8000 more or less). If he can do it, you can do it. :D

eco-home-cottage.jpg

Good luck getting a permit to build that!

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ

My recommendation would be to go with double stone walls instead of straw bales, though. The straw might last for 30 years. Double stone walls will do the same job and last centuries.

Wow. Impressive.

By "building my own house" I meant picking out a design and paying other people to build it.

Living in a house that someone lived in previously creeps me out slightly.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Wow. Impressive.

By "building my own house" I meant picking out a design and paying other people to build it.

Living in a house that someone lived in previously creeps me out slightly.

Same here.

An old house would probably give me the creeps even more...regardless of whether or not ghosts exist, the idea of "weird stuff" going on would be enough to keep me up most nights until I was sure it was safe.

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
How I want to live: In the UP of Michigan or in the Rockies, with a lot of acreage, right up against public land with lots of trails, next to a river or lake. With horses. Able to write several hours every day. With an income from an internet business. With a large garden and lots of flower gardens, including a cottage garden. In a good school district. With a car that does not run on gasoline. Spending my days outside and my nights feverishly writing. With my son old enough to go a half hour without needing attention from me. With a husband who loves and respects me like he used to.

Wow I really wish that for you especially....the underlined part. Every woman deserves that.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
eco-home-cottage.jpg

Good luck getting a permit to build that!

I would so approve that and hope the person who's building it is a gnome. or at least willing to dress like a gnome.

spacecadette

MBTI Type
INFP
Currently: In a house shared with 6 other people, guys and girls, all older 20-somethings, not too noisy. But I'll be moving back in my parents house when I start school again in September, and to be honest, I'm a little bit relieved. My house is full of extroverts mostly who can't understand why I don't want to chat as soon as I get in the door after work, that kind of thing. They're also a bunch of sluts :p

At the same time, I've had my own apartment, not shared with anyone, in the middle of the city and it was so lonely. All my college friends lived out of the downtown area. I wouldn't go back to that again.

My ideal place to live would be in a house by the seaside in England in a village with my boyfriend, a small house but with my own room to do my work and a fantastic, sexy oriental bedroom.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
This is interesting. Heck no do I want to live in the country or in the middle of nowhere. Maybe for a retreat once in a while.

I'm with the NF from Philly and Mr Random -- I need to where the action's at. Like right in it, but in a dwelling that is comfortable and quiet, and slightly set apart from the main throughfare.

Even in big cities, each neighborhood is it's own island. I don't want to live in the boonies of a city. Been there, done that. I also dont' want to live in a super 'urban' area where I have to be hypervigilant and feel the need to carry around a boxcutter for protection. Been there, done that.

But tucked away in a hidden street or set of streets in the middle of a hip, happening area in a major metropolitan city? Especially an area that is convenient to other hot, happenin areas?

Oh yes, please.

Right now I live in a major US city in a neighborhood that is upscale and well-heeled with lots of restaurants, bars, etc. A lot of Europeans live here, lots of embassies around here, and the early 20ed-30ed and upwardly mobile. I enjoy the convenience of the central location and amenities, the SAFETY, the cleanliness, and the general pleasantness of the area. It's also pretty busy for the city.

I don't like how it does NOT feel like a neighborhood and how the prices are a bit jacked for basic grocery items, etc. And the price at restaurants in the neighborhood = also jacked. Sometimes you just want a quick bite alone, and the 'seen and be seen' eateries around here aren't meant for that.

On the flip, my neighborhood is also kinda boring in that it's really...genteel and one note. I like the energy and tension of metropolitan cities. A little edgier, please.

One thing I keep in mind now when thinking of where to live is my proximity to friends and the ease with which I can stumble home and crash on my own bed after a fun evening out or have folks visit me. I like walking aronud the neighborhood and seeing friends.

Otherwise, I'd be happy to live in slightly cheaper, less central residential neighborhoods that are still accessible by public transportation or car give or take 15-20 minutes.

Also, for shorter terms I'm totally down with living in a quaint coastal village overseas.

And I would love to live on the beach! That's still in driving or even better, subway distance to the heart of the city.

Or the whole 'living in a hut in the mountains' thing. It would work much better if I were in a committed, happy relationship and living with my partner. By myself? I would get lonely and bored after a while and my social skills woud dry up.

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
In what kinda building in what kind of area do you live? What would be the ideal way to live for you?

I live in a duplex and have put a doorway in the central wall so that I can use both sides- I have two kitchens,lol. It's unconventional but that's how I like it! Each side is identical but is also like a mirror- identical but opposite - it has a very Alice in Wonderland feeling when going from one side to the other. I live in the city.

The ideal way to live for me would be to have an underground bomb shelter lair with all the amenities of a smart house and be decorated like a plush 30's or 40's style old hollywood house-think Liberace- under a cave- with high tech surveillance cameras and booby traps on the
ground surface. I would have my own bowling alley, and theatre. I would have a secret elevator for going outside and an above ground garage covered in some kind of camouflage. The lair would have self destruct capabilities.

I would have a giant garden above ground and a beautiful yard still for my japanese spitz puppy army to play in,lol.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I live in a duplex and have put a doorway in the central wall so that I can use both sides- I have two kitchens,lol. It's unconventional but that's how I like it! Each side is identical but is also like a mirror- identical but opposite - it has a very Alice in Wonderland feeling when going from one side to the other. I live in the city.

If I was your decorator, I would paint the other side orange and the other purple. Every object bought there would have a pair on the other side, but different color of course.