• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Which mbti type do you get along most in real life?

Destiny

A wannabe dog
For me, it's ENFP, ENTJ, ENFJ, INTP, and INFP.

Whenever I meet an ENFP, INFP, or INTP, there is this instant connection and they feel like family. That Ne connection is just so powerful.

Whenever I meet an ENFJ, I love how they made me feel welcomed and accepted. And ENTJ gives off a similar feeling as ENFJ, although they aren't as warm as ENFJs, but whenever I meet an ENTJ in real life they always treat me gently and made me feel welcomed and accepted.

pmj85

No love for the INFJs? ;)

I often wonder whether people are actually put off by true INFJs who have their shit together (partly, at least) given the fact that we are far removed from the stereotypical depictions of the second coming.

I tend to get on with all people, though connecting with dominant or auxiliary Si users on any level can be somewhat difficult. I don't for one second dislike Si users, but they're most certainly the types I find hardest to get along with. My mother for example is an ISFJ, and ho-lee-shit do we drive each other nutty; she's too traditional for my liking, I'm far too liberal for hers!

Heh. People of all flavours are awesome. I couldn't possibly pick a definitive favourite, but I did marry an ENFJ :)

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESFP's. No question.

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My ESFJ-sometimes-disguised-as-INFJ mother. INFJ. ENFP. ENTJ. INFP. ISFP.
But on the main note, I get along with any sensitive, intellectual, open-minded and extremely loyal people who understand the rule of give and take.

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No love for the INFJs? ;)

I often wonder whether people are actually put off by true INFJs who have their shit together (partly, at least) given the fact that we are far removed from the stereotypical depictions of the second coming.

I tend to get on with all people, though connecting with dominant or auxiliary Si users on any level can be somewhat difficult. I don't for one second dislike Si users, but they're most certainly the types I find hardest to get along with. My mother for example is an ISFJ, and ho-lee-shit do we drive each other nutty; she's too traditional for my liking, I'm far too liberal for hers!

Heh. People of all flavours are awesome. I couldn't possibly pick a definitive favourite, but I did marry an ENFJ :)

no, i'm put off by INFJs who always think they know best. and generally i'm put off by people who think they 'have their shit together' because there's usually a bit of a superiority thing there as well.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
ENFJ- even though I'm secretly annoyed by them sometimes.

ENFP/ESFP

INFP/ISFP

INTP- My best friend is an INTP.

INTJ- except for a couple of them.

I get along with most people though, or at least I TRY to. Some people just drive me absolutely crazy. There are always people that I can tell right away that we won't get along. These are just the types of most of my friends, and other people I like.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTP
INFP
ENFJ
ENTP
ISFJ
INFJ

I can't read ENTJs (not that I meet many IRL anyway). NTJs in general, I have trouble reading, and if I can't read someone, I find myself uneasy around them.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I don't know. Seems like I don't get along much with anyone anywhere, everyone is stupid in their own stupid way.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
NTP. It's spicy - we differ on a lot of things - but no other combination even comes close in chemistry.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
SFJs and STPs. Others are hit or miss.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like fellow Ni doms, NFPs and NTs.

Wait, in real life? Nevermind lol.

pmj85

no, i'm put off by INFJs who always think they know best. and generally i'm put off by people who think they 'have their shit together' because there's usually a bit of a superiority thing there as well.

How much of this do you attribute to your own insecurity, though?

I ask because up until recently (~3/4 years) I was very much put off by overly judgemental people; I was easily incensed if somebody offered their opinion of me in a completely unwarranted fashion (for example, commenting on how I manage my money) when they do not know me. Nowadays I'm absolutely chill about it and actually encourage character critique as it can be a powerful aid for personal growth. I can see how this could be quite offensive to an Fi-dominant, though - you guys and gals seem to know your inner selves with a much greater degree of clarity than we INFJs do.

As for superiority complexes... yeah, they can exist - but you need to understand that, when dealing with INFJs (for example), you're only seeing our exterior. Internally we're liable to be far more chill / open / flexible than you INFPs. I'm well aware that I can come across as forthright when I'm sufficiently impassioned by something and sharing my truth, but I'm also very humble... you just don't see that side of me unless you get to know me.

So in other words, don't be put off by INFJs. Instead, dig just beneath the surface and I guarantee you'll find something worthwhile.

:)

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How much of this do you attribute to your own insecurity, though?

I ask because up until recently (~3/4 years) I was very much put off by overly judgemental people; I was easily incensed if somebody offered their opinion of me in a completely unwarranted fashion (for example, commenting on how I manage my money) when they do not know me. Nowadays I'm absolutely chill about it and actually encourage character critique as it can be a powerful aid for personal growth. I can see how this could be quite offensive to an Fi-dominant, though - you guys and gals seem to know your inner selves with a much greater degree of clarity than we INFJs do.

As for superiority complexes... yeah, they can exist - but you need to understand that, when dealing with INFJs (for example), you're only seeing our exterior. Internally we're liable to be far more chill / open / flexible than you INFPs. I'm well aware that I can come across as forthright when I'm sufficiently impassioned by something and sharing my truth, but I'm also very humble... you just don't see that side of me unless you get to know me.

So in other words, don't be put off by INFJs. Instead, dig just beneath the surface and I guarantee you'll find something worthwhile.

:)

I'm sure some of it is insecurity, but some of INFJs' judgment/need to criticize is insecurity as well.

I only really take criticism from people I feel really understand and appreciate my intentions and where I want to go. Otherwise, it's very unhelpful and frustrating for me. INFJs' identity seems a lot more malleable in certain ways, and they really need that constant feedback from their environment. It's a totally different way of taking in identity information and some INFJs just don't see this distinction + feel that I'm being an idiot for not taking their advice. I can accept how they are and I need them to accept the way I operate. I don't need them constantly lecturing me about my feelings + claiming they know exactly what's going on (better than I do), only for them to be wrong.

I know there's worthwhile stuff beneath the surface... and above the surface! I didn't say that this is how I feel about all INFJs all the time at all. Just certain ones can grate on me sometimes for these reasons.

pmj85

I started this post so enthusiastically, but then I had to deal with a crying baby who decided to poo everywhere and also demand food at the same time. Now I'm kinda exhausted, so I'm going to keep it brief :shrug:

I'm sure some of it is insecurity, but some of INFJs' judgment/need to criticize is insecurity as well.

Without a doubt.

I only really take criticism from people I feel really understand and appreciate my intentions and where I want to go. Otherwise, it's very unhelpful and frustrating for me. INFJs' identity seems a lot more malleable in certain ways, and they really need that constant feedback from their environment. It's a totally different way of taking in identity information and some INFJs just don't see this distinction + feel that I'm being an idiot for not taking their advice. I can accept how they are and I need them to accept the way I operate. I don't need them constantly lecturing me about my feelings + claiming they know exactly what's going on (better than I do), only for them to be wrong.

Makes sense, and you're correct that our 'identities' are malleable. Such is the nature of Fe, and it can certainly come at a price if we don't check ourselves regularly. I strongly believe that the older we get, the more established our core self becomes. At 28 years old, I find myself far more able to stand apart from the wants and needs of others; I can retain my own personality with relative ease. The journey to reach this point has seen me cut some unsavoury characters out of my life, and I have been significantly healthier (mentally) ever since.

I know there's worthwhile stuff beneath the surface... and above the surface! I didn't say that this is how I feel about all INFJs all the time at all. Just certain ones can grate on me sometimes for these reasons.

Understandable.

I have to say though... your point re: INFJs lecturing you about feelings and thinking ill of you for not taking their advice seems a little weird to me. Obviously, we're all different, but I can't say that I've ever noticed that trait from the INFJs I know. They're happy to dispense nuggets of wisdom and offer advice when required, but we're a pretty 'hands off' bunch, firm in our belief that people should learn by doing things their own way. The behaviour you describe is typical of ISFJs in my experience.

Finally - and I say this without ego - as an INFJ I really do know what is going on within people most of the time... with a good degree of accuracy! We tend to be like that, but any decent INFJ won't point this out to you - they'll just offer pertinent advice as and when required (e.g. when asked).

But overall, yeah - you're right. We can be annoying shites ;)

lulabelle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I started this post so enthusiastically, but then I had to deal with a crying baby who decided to poo everywhere and also demand food at the same time. Now I'm kinda exhausted, so I'm going to keep it brief :shrug:

Without a doubt.

Makes sense, and you're correct that our 'identities' are malleable. Such is the nature of Fe, and it can certainly come at a price if we don't check ourselves regularly. I strongly believe that the older we get, the more established our core self becomes. At 28 years old, I find myself far more able to stand apart from the wants and needs of others; I can retain my own personality with relative ease. The journey to reach this point has seen me cut some unsavoury characters out of my life, and I have been significantly healthier (mentally) ever since.

Understandable.

I have to say though... your point re: INFJs lecturing you about feelings and thinking ill of you for not taking their advice seems a little weird to me. Obviously, we're all different, but I can't say that I've ever noticed that trait from the INFJs I know. They're happy to dispense nuggets of wisdom and offer advice when required, but we're a pretty 'hands off' bunch, firm in our belief that people should learn by doing things their own way. The behaviour you describe is typical of ISFJs in my experience.

Finally - and I say this without ego - as an INFJ I really do know what is going on within people most of the time... with a good degree of accuracy! We tend to be like that, but any decent INFJ won't point this out to you - they'll just offer pertinent advice as and when required (e.g. when asked).

But overall, yeah - you're right. We can be annoying shites ;)

nah. they're definitely INFJs. i know ISFJs and they are incredibly different from this bunch. it's funny though how when someone says something negative about INFJs many are quick to say they must not be INFJs!

i've found that INFJs can definitely overestimate their analyses of people, especially with Fi-doms. and yes, sometimes they are quite insistent about what they know! they're worse at understanding my complex relationship with my emotions (that is just as intense but really differs from their own) + respecting what i want out of life. maybe you're just a more laid-back one, because i have heard this description of INFJs around, especially from INFPs. i am largely accurate when i analyze people, but of course there is room for error and i never push.

i'm sure the INFJs would have some shiiit to say about me, so it's obviously not one-sided. i think many INFJ feelings on INFPs have been well-documented tho ;)

pmj85

nah. they're definitely INFJs. i know ISFJs and they are incredibly different from this bunch. it's funny though how when someone says something negative about INFJs many are quick to say they must not be INFJs!

Haha! Not myself - I'm a firm proponent of INFJs being far removed from the saint-like figures we're often portrayed as. The behaviours you mention just happen to be similar to the ones I note in my ISFJ family members :)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All NFs except INFJs.
Any intelligent FPs, especially ESFPs as they tend to be social and will seek me out.
ISTJs who like counter-culture and/or the arts and make good use of sarcasm, as opposed to the very dull, traditional ones.

I will click easily with ESTPs, strangely enough, but it never becomes anything deep. There's the shared Pe attitude and general openness to "different" people. I don't feel judged, which is an important factor to me warming up to someone.

Every type is hit and miss though. I rarely click quickly with anyone either.

unsomething

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Every type is hit and miss though.

Agreed... some people click and some don't. I almost don't even want to say type has much to do with it but admittedly for me a very noticeable amount of people who click happen to be NP. I don't really find anyone hard to get along with though except people who want to not get along with me.