• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Do you hate when people see you as hippie?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Does that have anything to do with being around military culture? Or just Texas in general?

It may have something to do with it. Hippy is definitely a bit insulting when it comes to Texas Army folk ime.

sorry that was a real thanks to everyone except kyuuei!!

pure sarcasm for you! that's my parents how can you dislike it!!?? look how cute they are!! haha

Lol. Your parents are absolutely awesome. I'm a bit of a placid mood, so excuse my bland posts. Honestly I just don't like being labeled period.. I think the only reason why I allow a "tom boy" label is because I've heard it my whole life. Hippies have a lot of traits that I'm close to and familiar with, it's not that I have a problem with hippies at all. I worked for them for a long time. It's the stereotypical label part.

Also, I get a lot of "..Hippy." as an invalidation of whatever statement I've just made. Making the word annoying to hear, at least where I live at this is a bit common.

Edit: Although hilarious, my post wasn't toward the pic. I didnt read through the posts before posting lol.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh that's okay...i thought you didn't like their pic...but yeah...i'm no hippie either except for my ideals somewhat i guess...and yeah i don't like labels either. :)

limeo

MBTI Type
INFJ
Ugh. Where I work, there are tons of aged hippies and their offspring (mini-hippies) - my use of the word "hippie" is based more on their ideological and societal point of views rather than their hair length, drug use, etc. So, as a massage therapist working in this town, I'm lumped into that category as well (which is far from who I am). Kinda irks me, but I can definitely see how my NF makes it easy for people to categorize me as a hippie. Oh well!

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
For people that said that they are comfortable when others see you like this since they have tendencies:
Why would someone actually see you as a hippie?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I'm not comfortable with it, but people do see me as one.

Hippies have many aspects.. but the type that tends to be referred my way is my love of nature and all-natural things.. "tree-hugger" is another word that comes to mind with what I'm placed into because of this. My religion is very nature-oriented. To think of loving nature as insulting annoys me.

Also the style of clothing is sometimes appealing. I really like the renaissance look, and this is commonly associated with hippy wear.

Non-violence orientation is also perceived, but I gather most people don't have a problem admitting they aren't violent. There's a sort of insecurity with it in the military though.. Like. "Why should SHE be a gunner? She doesn't LIKE violence!" narrow-minded thinkings like such.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
For people that said that they are comfortable when others see you like this since they have tendencies:

Well, I have long-ish hair.. so that's a big reason. Maybe I sound like one a little bit, like half nerd/half hippie speak. I'm a pretty big xNxP too, and I find that type definitely can put out that spaced out and easy going vibe.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

Well, let's see: I went to a decidedly hippie Quaker school and it has never completely worn off. I flirt on and off with vegetarianism/veganism and whole foodism. I had my babies with midwives instead of doctors, and had one outside the hospital. I tied them to my body when they were little, and still tie one to me occasionally although he's not so little anymore. I breastfed them until they were 3 and 2 respectively. I used cloth diapers on the first one and tried to use them on the second one but he kept getting rashes no matter how I washed them. I have a strong preference for toys made of natural materials (wool, cotton, wood, metal). My daughter goes to a school where she calls the teachers by their first names and is making a canoe with her 4th grade class. My kids started learning techniques for cooperative problem solving before they could talk. Despite not being a smoker myself I believe strongly in marijuana legalization. (Actually I can't really fully claim that last one anymore since I have smoked it three times this year OMG!)

sade

Hippie is a new one. Mom did call me a 'greeny' once.
But I would find it offensive, because it's used as an insult around here. Or at least at my home.

I get mistaken for a teacher/someone who works with disabled kids/special teacher normally. I've thought it's because of my appearance. Go figure. I don't mind it though, I'm pretty used to it.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
..I wore a bandana to school once and was eaten alive! People kept telling me that if they ever needed drugs, that they would ask me..and not in the joking way..or the serious way. They were more or less, taunting me..

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
..I wore a bandana to school once and was eaten alive! People kept telling me that if they ever needed drugs, that they would ask me..and not in the joking way..or the serious way. They were more or less, taunting me..
:sad:

Stay strong, stay true, and don't let the miserable haters ever get to you!!!

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
P1060642-1.jpg
:wubbie:

I want to find and marry a genius, hippie recluse, that would be epic!!!

Also, I want to see a meteor shower!!!

Sorry, that seems random to add, but it was where my fantasy took me. I've never seen a meteor shower.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I saw once. It was coooool... BTW, I am hippie genius.

eternal recurrence

MBTI Type
iNfj
I see a hippie as a simple person on the outside, but a very deep person on the inside, who really has their heart set at the values that one may consider a hippie to have.

Ya Exactly.

These ideas about not bathing/clothing/drugs etc. are very superficial. I think hippy-dom is represented more so by some actually quite interesting and thoughful literature. It has to do more with communitarnism, environmentalism, idealism(s). Environmentalism being the only socially acceptable movement today (and only in the past couple years) although something like communitarinsm is on the rise think.

EG Hippy-ness revolves around these sorts of things: Peter Singer, or a concept like 'deep ecology' or a straw-bale home building movement or "The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

KDude

No one would ever think me of being a hippy except perhaps people on the internet (i.e. this site) who use typology without even knowing me.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
in response to the OP, absolutely. I am kind of a snob and have sort of a "ugh! you can't be serious dear" response to being called a hippie or a junky.